Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch - Ivory

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch - Ivory
Dream Lumi Touch - IvoryDream Lumi Touch - Ivory

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan I Sostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesiumsulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoylglutamate, Methyl - Paraben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilarecutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract. May Containr: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Firstly, I will just quickly disclaim that I tend to be way, way harder on concealers and mascaras than anything else, so for me to give a concealer 4 lippies means it's doing something right. Granted, I didnt enjoy this as much as I do the Instant Age Rewind or the Fit Me concealers, but it is better coverage than the Better Skin concealer, and doesn't crease like that one either.

This is medium coverage, blends extremely well and can even be layered over powder products without looking cakey. It didn't crease when set with a powder. From the word go, I was a tiny bit frustrated with the twist up pen applicator, but this isn't my first makeup rodeo so I put on my big girl panties and dealt with it.

This works amazing as a highlighter! It layers and blends over foundation like a dream and definitely brightens up the proper areas. The pen applicator is actually a blessing when you're going for precise highlighting, such as down the bridge of the nose.

At this point you may be asking, why only four lippies? Well, as someone with a lot of darkness in the undereye area, I'm basically looking for a miracle full-coverage concealer that also blends well. This definitely helps, but it's not a game changer in that department. However, it does look very nice on the skin, blend out great, and have brightening properties so I will continue to use this as a contour/highlight tool and as a concealer on days when my eyes don't look like I got zero sleep.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first foray into a product like this. I am a mineral makeup user but I just wanted to see what this would do. For me, I feel like this is a very heavy product. I tried it over my cream foundation and it took the foundation off where I blended it in with my finger (and it filled in my pores looked weird). Perhaps I will try it under my foundation next time. I don't have really bad under eye circles and I like the brightening effect under my eye but this definitely needs to be set with powder. Overall, I like it for a dramatic effect but doubt I will work it into an everyday product. I would like to try the radiant one.

on 3/30/2016 2:00:00 PM

I do like this concealer/highlighter a lot. In Ivory it works well on my undereye circles, not quite erasing them entirely, but it does blur them away and lighten them somewhat. It tends not to crease, but if it does, I just pat my finger along the trouble spot and smooth it out quickly and easily, since it blends well.

I wouldn't say it's a dupe exactly for YSL Touche Eclat, but it's pretty damn good.

My main gripe is you really don't get a lot of product in the packaging. On the two tubes I've bought the packaging states it could take up to 10 twists for the product to start coming out from the brush end, but it felt like it took more than that. I was at the point where I thought maybe I'd gotten empty tubes, but then it finally did come out. At that point you see the product, how much you really get, and it's not a lot.

For drugstore pricing, around $9, it's kind of disappointing. I'd definitely buy it again, unless I stumble across something I like better, but only when I have coupons or find a good sale.

on 3/30/2016 12:37:00 AM

I must stress that this is an illuminating cosmetic and offered the sheerest of coverage.
It is an excellent product to highlight areas with but that's as far as it goes.

My all time favorite!! Adds the perfect highlight. My only complaint is that the container holds very little and runs out much quicker than I prefer.

on 2/12/2016 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is as good, if not better than, the high end highlighters including YSL & EL. Don't waste your money - give this a try

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I got this with a few other concealers, trying to find something good for my under eye circles. This not only covers them well, but adds a nice glow around my eyes. It does settle into creases, but only once. Once I notice them there, I lightly wipe them away with my finger, then it stays perfect for the rest of the day. If my circles are particularly dark, I'll add a tiny bit of Revlon's Targeted Dark Spot Concealer and you cannot even tell they are there. I am so happy I found this combination.

on 1/28/2016 11:01:00 AM

love the packaging and formula however I feel it sometimes settled in my creases.. used to be my go-to concealer before I switched to maybellines fit me concealer

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this under-eye concealer after hearing a lot of girls brag about how much they loved the product. I have to say I agree with them. This really is a beautiful highlight for under the eyes. It is light and illuminating and it brightens up the face. You do need to blend it quickly though. I just twist the end of the tube and dab the product underneath both eyes and then blend it in with a sponge/beauty blender and it conceals dark circles and brightens the under eye area. This definitely adds a glow to the skin. It is not heavy, does not have a scent, and a little goes a long way. It leaves a beautiful finish and stays put all day. I haven't had any problems with breakouts and my skin is sensitive and acne-prone. I would recommend this product to a friend. I will definitely be repurchasing!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing!!! I use the shade Radiant.

I love this as a highlighter and use it over my concealer to brighten. I also use it on the bridge of my nose and chin and forehead. It stays put all day and brightens really nicely.

I tried the Loreal Magic lumi and Mac prep and prime in radiant rose and both can't compare to the maybelline. The Loreal was way too greasy and watery. The Mac separated throughout the day and looked really gross on top of my foundation. The maybelline one is lovely - has a gel like texture and blends like a dream. It doesn't dry too fast so you can take your time when blending . It doesn't separate on my face like the Mac does and it's not greasy like the Loreal. It's not super matte but it's def not dewy.. Just in between and perfect.

This is seriously a gem at the drugstore and I am very picky.