Fancl Aqua Repairing Mask

3.0

Sheet masks are always hard to review because everyones face is different shapes & sizes. Its like Goldilocks and the Three Bears sheet masks can be too big or too small for your face, hard to find one that is just right. I do recommend adding sheet masks to your regimen 1-2 times a week for 1) added skin benefits (moisturizing, sometimes brightening & improved texture) 2) a nice 20-30 minutes of just relaxing and clearing your mind while you lay with your mask on 3) put it in the fridge for a cool-down on a hot day.

PACKAGING/OPENING:
Size of sheet mask pouch is on the smaller size, which is great for travelling. This sheet mask did not have additional separating plastics in between like Missha Time Revolution does. You just rip the pouch, take it out, and unfold it which I still find a bit troublesome with all sheet masks and it takes me a moment. I havent ripped any yet, so I guess that is good quality for the sheet mask itself. Not sure if the separators on Missha helps or not, but I do like 2 piece sheets (Top & Bottom of face) versus one full one.

FIT:
This mask actually fit my face perfectly the sheet reached the very edge of my face. Some sheet masks are so big that they get onto my hair, some are too small. The holes for my mouth & eyes were perfect. To give you an idea of my facial features: I have an oval face, larger forehead, full thick lips, and small but wide Asian eyes. If youve tried My Beauty Diaries, that mask size is way too big for me.

PRODUCT:
I dont like sheet masks with too much product. I am not a big fan of those that are just super soaked and dripping in product. I make a mess trying to unfold the mask and put on my face. Then its annoying to have so much product left on your skin after use that you have to spend time patting it into your skin or just wipe some off. Ive heard people keeping the empty pouch with excess product in it and using it throughout the week, but I am afraid of the product being exposed to open air and changing it. Ive kept the open pouches intending to do that, but end up tossing it. I havent run into any masks that dont have enough product, but as for this FANCL one I actually felt it was just rightborderline not enough. I didnt feel the need to pat any excess product into my face.

PRICE:
I'm always confused with Makeup Alley's Lippy ratings for price. Do I give more lips for higher priced items? Or do I give more lips because this product is priced right?
I got this free from a friend but they are on Sasa.com for $27/3sheets. $9 each is quite expensive for a product that didnt make a difference in one sitting. I know, you have to do more to get the full effect for a good test. I have only tried a few others in the $5-$10 price range. Im not sold on this one from FANCL, but would want to try other high-end brands to compare. If I got this as a gift, I would definitely welcome it  Ive tried cheaper ones ($4/sheet & under) that I really liked after one use (from The Face Shop & a Chinese brand I dont know the name of!) either they felt really moisturizing, made my skin feel bouncy, or brightened. Perhaps Ill give it another shot sometime down the line, but theres many others out there to try!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I have sensitive skin with dry patches over my cheeks, lip area and forehead. This mask would be good if your skin aren't sensitive as it stings badly on those dry patches. Moisturising effect not great. Really nothing to shout about. Prefer the yogurt mask(discontinued) which was so much better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Fancl masks are different and supposed to be used as part of the night regime. I had very dry skin and decided to give this a try.
Followed the instruction to use after lotion (Japanese for toner) and before moisturiser. In 3 days' time my skin just looks so moistured and dewy. And I thought I was a lost case!
Yay! Definitely using this till my skin is more stable.
Pricey though....