LUSH No Drought

LUSH No Drought

3.1

Corn Oil (Zea mays) , Magnesium Carbonate , Talc ,Perfume , Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi) , Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) , *Citral , *Geraniol , *Limonene ,*Linalool

on 5/26/2018 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

We all know that the packaging of this product isn't great, and it makes applying it ridiculously difficult. However, there are ways around this problem.

For me, the best way to apply this is to pour some of it into my hand, and then use a cheap make up brush to brush it onto my roots. I let it sit while I brush my teeth and wash my face, and then I massage it in. I generally put it on at night, on my second and third day of not washing my hair, and it usually keeps my hair looking fresh until the next night, when I either reapply or wash my hair.

I've got brown hair and I do find that, like most dry shampoos that aren't brown, this leaves a slightly noticeable white cast on my hair, but this usually goes away over night and, in the mornings, my hair looks clean and fuller than it does before I use this.

I've also got 3a curly hair and, back when I used to straighten my hair every day, I used this product religiously. My hair would get super greasy super quickly, and this helped keep the problem at bay. Now that I wear my hair curly, it gets greasy a lot less quickly, but I still find myself reaching for this a few days after I've washed my hair, and I've repurchased this once because, as far as dry shampoos go, this works well and I actually think it's on the cheaper side, because of how much product you get and how long it lasts.

As a whole, I don't think I love this product, but I definitely like it a lot, and I can't see myself switching it out for anything else any time soon, because it works well, it smells great, and it's relatively reasonably priced for the amount that you get.

on 5/21/2018 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just can't get this product to work. As everyone has been commenting on, the packaging is horrendous and very messy. But even that I would be able to deal with if the product actually worked. The first time I tried it my hair looked just as greasy as before... so I applied some more... and then more... and more... and more on top of that. I applied a ridiculous amount to my hair, and for some reason this didn't absorb anything (and yes I rub it in and brush it out between applications and apply it throughout my entire scalp). It was also hard to get rid of the white cast. Baby powder has less of a white cast and actually absorbs oil. Very disappointed, I really want a non aerosol dry shampoo and was hoping this would be it as two of my friends really like and recommended this product. I just can't get it to actually do its job.

Ok so I have not used this product long enough yet but here is a tip since the packaging is horrible. When you first buy it and unscrew the lid there is a seal that you are suppose to take off well don’t take it off and use a safety pin to poke holes in it to make it more like a shaker so less product comes out and then just shake it on your roots and recap it with the black lid. You will be able to control the powder so much more that way.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I would say this is one of the worst dry shampoos i've used, i did not even finish using one quarter of it. Firstly, the application process is messy- u squeeze powder onto ur palms and smooth it through ur hair (a lot of powder will get on your shoulders and clothes). It forms a sticky, stiff complex with the hair. It's very hard to comb through as well. And throughout the day u just feel like u've had oily powdered stiff hair. It's truly terrible. Imagine flour mixed with oil. It also makes my palms really dry. Will not repurchase

This was my first non aerosol dry shampoo, but it was a disappointment for me. I found that I had to use quite a bit of product to get the greasy feel away, and while there is PLENTY of product, kudos to Lush, I felt the product build up fast. Also, my hair would get greasy again faster than with other dry shampoos. For me, I believe it is because the main ingredient is Corn Starch, and I now stay away from those dry shampoos. I personally go for Rice starch, and then Tapioca. Those 2 work for me.

Pros:
-Large amount, not too expensive
-Smells amaazing, just like fresh grapefruit
-Lush used recycled plastic for packaging

Cons:
-Had to use a lot of product
-Quick buildup :/
-Hair got greasy again quickly

on 1/23/2017 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Dry shampoo and I have a complicated relationship. I love the effect of mattified and tousled hair and it gives me an extra day of not having to wash my hair. But with regular dry shampoos from a can I get an itchy scalp and in some cases it makes my hair look very dirty instead of refreshed. With this dry shampoo I have absolutely no itchiness while giving me the much needed volume and refreshed feeling. Packaging isn't ideal, but what I do is squirt some in a bowl and apply it to the roots with a flat foundation brush. I normally use this the night before my hair gets greasy (3rd day mostly) and I can highly recommend that method as it will give you the tousled look without any residue, as the dry shampoo can do its work overnight (thus preventing the actual greasiness). Fragrance is fresh, not overbearing or anything.

on 1/19/2017 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found this product to be mediocre at best. While the corn starch is able to absorb some oil, it leaves a weird feeling of build up on your hair. I've tried other powder dry shampoos that have worked far better than this with better oil absorbency and no feeling of build up.

The smell is not too overpowering, but there is definitely a noticeable citrus/lime scent when first applied. However, the scent quickly subsides in ~10 minutes; it's not too strong like some aerosol dry shampoos.

I have black hair and found this product does not leave any white/grey residue if applied correctly. Like most dry shampoos, this should be applied before going to bed. After massaging it in, if you find you applied too much, pat/tap your hair and it should help get some of the dry shampoo out. When you take up, there should be no grey cast! Of course, if you apply too much, you will get a grey cast.

Moving onto the packaging and application...yikes! The packaging is very messy and gets everywhere. I recommend tapping the bottle to sprinkle the product on your hair; do not squeeze the bottle! It's probably just best to transfer the dry shampoo to a container with a nozzle.

For the price you pay you get a lot of product. Unfortunately, I won't be using this anymore. It just didn't work as well as the two other dry shampoos I have used: Dove Dry Shampoo and Verb's powder dry shampoo.

on 5/13/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It smells really good, but the packaging is super annoying. It gets everywhere.

on 4/11/2016 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Lush's answer to dry shampoo is a mixed bag. It's great at absorbing oils and adds volume and texture, but the bottle it comes in makes application far too messy and difficult. You can't apply it without getting it allover your clothes and sink, and it tends to apply in clumps. What it needs is a salt-shaker style lid so it comes out of the bottle evenly and slowly and you can dust it allover your roots in a controlled application.

If the bottle was better I would buy it again.

I liked the smell of the dry shampoo but, I found that I would have more build-up in the areas I used the product ( Roots of bangs, crown). I also thought the product was a little heavy compared to a powder like baby powder. I think that I would be better off using baby powder because its lighter and still smells clean.