LUSH No Drought

LUSH No Drought

3.2

Corn Oil (Zea mays) , Magnesium Carbonate , Talc ,Perfume , Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi) , Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) , *Citral , *Geraniol , *Limonene ,*Linalool

on 5/13/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It smells really good, but the packaging is super annoying. It gets everywhere.

on 4/11/2016 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Lush's answer to dry shampoo is a mixed bag. It's great at absorbing oils and adds volume and texture, but the bottle it comes in makes application far too messy and difficult. You can't apply it without getting it allover your clothes and sink, and it tends to apply in clumps. What it needs is a salt-shaker style lid so it comes out of the bottle evenly and slowly and you can dust it allover your roots in a controlled application.

If the bottle was better I would buy it again.

To Read all 70 Reviews, Login or Join

I liked the smell of the dry shampoo but, I found that I would have more build-up in the areas I used the product ( Roots of bangs, crown). I also thought the product was a little heavy compared to a powder like baby powder. I think that I would be better off using baby powder because its lighter and still smells clean.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I'm very on the fence on this product.

I love the way it smells and works -- definitely has been VERY good at controlling grease and making hair look good even on the third day of no washing (and I have thin, fine hair that gets greasy VERY easily. The smell is so fresh and light as well.

However there are some downfalls of this product. I HATE the packaging. Almost every time I use this I end up with some on my clothing because it's literally in a bottle that is clearly meant for a liquid product. WHY couldn't there be some kind of mesh on the top of the lid so it doesn't dump out so quickly? I'm no expert but I feel like there are better packaging options out there for this.

I also feel like sometimes it's hard to get the product to 'absorb' into the hair. I find with other dry shampoos I have tried it's very easy to get it to disappear (the white powder) but with this product I definitely have to put more effort into brushing/shaking it in with my hands. Maybe it's because I have dark hair that it's such an issue but yeah, definitely takes more time to use.

Overall I will continue to use this bottle because it does definitely do the job and smells really nice, but the poor packaging and spillage issue along with the fact I've had better results with other brands (Batiste) I will likely switch back after I'm through this bottle.

on 7/15/2015 9:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The powder itself is great- it smells nice compared to most dry shampoos, and it's thick so once you get it in your roots it does it's job pretty well. However the packaging sucks! It is so difficult to disperse evenly. Sort your packaging out Lush!

on 6/29/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

WAY too messy to use, leaves a white residue behind on dark hair and also makes it very staticy. Definitely not worth the price

on 6/8/2015 5:26:00 PM

This smells amazing almost like a citrus scented candy powder and it does soak up oils and doesn't leave a white powdery residue on lighter hair and it soaks up and blends in nice, but I still love my batiste one a little better

This is the only dry shampoo I noticed that works. Only way it will work is by leaving it in your hair for awhile maybe like 5-10 minutes. I would brush my hair first then apply this to my roots all over my scalp and just let it soak up the oil while I'm doing my make-up then brush it thoroughly with a detangling brush. I skip 2 days of not washing my hair and I use this on my second day. I have thick, bleached, dry hair so the less I wash my hair the better! Reason why I gave 4 stars is because it's super messy! I would wear a robe over what I would wear for the day or it would look like you have dandruff.

on 4/17/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really want to like this product. It smells lovely, the nicest smelling dry shampoo I've tried, and it's really good value for money considering how much product you get. Alas, it didn't do anything to help my oily, second day roots. I have really fine hair which becomes oily very quickly, if you're in the same boat as me, I'd recommend going with Klorane and Batiste. Also applying this without making a mess is impossible!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I actually thought the ratings on this were higher when I bought it. Honestly, I didn't expect much from a white loose powder on my dark brown hair.. But this stuff is amazing! I was using dove dry shampoo before this & while it worked, it made my hair feel so heavy / weighed down with product. This doesn't do that at all! It soaks up my oil, doesn't feel like there's anything in your hair & when you brush it out there's no white cast. Brilliant. Also, I can't imagine going through the bottle any time soon and I got the smaller one.