LUSH No Drought

LUSH No Drought

3.2

Corn Oil (Zea mays) , Magnesium Carbonate , Talc ,Perfume , Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi) , Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) , *Citral , *Geraniol , *Limonene ,*Linalool

on 1/23/2017 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Dry shampoo and I have a complicated relationship. I love the effect of mattified and tousled hair and it gives me an extra day of not having to wash my hair. But with regular dry shampoos from a can I get an itchy scalp and in some cases it makes my hair look very dirty instead of refreshed. With this dry shampoo I have absolutely no itchiness while giving me the much needed volume and refreshed feeling. Packaging isn't ideal, but what I do is squirt some in a bowl and apply it to the roots with a flat foundation brush. I normally use this the night before my hair gets greasy (3rd day mostly) and I can highly recommend that method as it will give you the tousled look without any residue, as the dry shampoo can do its work overnight (thus preventing the actual greasiness). Fragrance is fresh, not overbearing or anything.

on 1/19/2017 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found this product to be mediocre at best. While the corn starch is able to absorb some oil, it leaves a weird feeling of build up on your hair. I've tried other powder dry shampoos that have worked far better than this with better oil absorbency and no feeling of build up.

The smell is not too overpowering, but there is definitely a noticeable citrus/lime scent when first applied. However, the scent quickly subsides in ~10 minutes; it's not too strong like some aerosol dry shampoos.

I have black hair and found this product does not leave any white/grey residue if applied correctly. Like most dry shampoos, this should be applied before going to bed. After massaging it in, if you find you applied too much, pat/tap your hair and it should help get some of the dry shampoo out. When you take up, there should be no grey cast! Of course, if you apply too much, you will get a grey cast.

Moving onto the packaging and application...yikes! The packaging is very messy and gets everywhere. I recommend tapping the bottle to sprinkle the product on your hair; do not squeeze the bottle! It's probably just best to transfer the dry shampoo to a container with a nozzle.

For the price you pay you get a lot of product. Unfortunately, I won't be using this anymore. It just didn't work as well as the two other dry shampoos I have used: Dove Dry Shampoo and Verb's powder dry shampoo.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I'm very on the fence on this product.

I love the way it smells and works -- definitely has been VERY good at controlling grease and making hair look good even on the third day of no washing (and I have thin, fine hair that gets greasy VERY easily. The smell is so fresh and light as well.

However there are some downfalls of this product. I HATE the packaging. Almost every time I use this I end up with some on my clothing because it's literally in a bottle that is clearly meant for a liquid product. WHY couldn't there be some kind of mesh on the top of the lid so it doesn't dump out so quickly? I'm no expert but I feel like there are better packaging options out there for this.

I also feel like sometimes it's hard to get the product to 'absorb' into the hair. I find with other dry shampoos I have tried it's very easy to get it to disappear (the white powder) but with this product I definitely have to put more effort into brushing/shaking it in with my hands. Maybe it's because I have dark hair that it's such an issue but yeah, definitely takes more time to use.

Overall I will continue to use this bottle because it does definitely do the job and smells really nice, but the poor packaging and spillage issue along with the fact I've had better results with other brands (Batiste) I will likely switch back after I'm through this bottle.

on 4/11/2016 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Lush's answer to dry shampoo is a mixed bag. It's great at absorbing oils and adds volume and texture, but the bottle it comes in makes application far too messy and difficult. You can't apply it without getting it allover your clothes and sink, and it tends to apply in clumps. What it needs is a salt-shaker style lid so it comes out of the bottle evenly and slowly and you can dust it allover your roots in a controlled application.

If the bottle was better I would buy it again.

I liked the smell of the dry shampoo but, I found that I would have more build-up in the areas I used the product ( Roots of bangs, crown). I also thought the product was a little heavy compared to a powder like baby powder. I think that I would be better off using baby powder because its lighter and still smells clean.

on 5/13/2016 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It smells really good, but the packaging is super annoying. It gets everywhere.

on 6/29/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

WAY too messy to use, leaves a white residue behind on dark hair and also makes it very staticy. Definitely not worth the price

on 6/8/2015 5:26:00 PM

This smells amazing almost like a citrus scented candy powder and it does soak up oils and doesn't leave a white powdery residue on lighter hair and it soaks up and blends in nice, but I still love my batiste one a little better

This is the only dry shampoo I noticed that works. Only way it will work is by leaving it in your hair for awhile maybe like 5-10 minutes. I would brush my hair first then apply this to my roots all over my scalp and just let it soak up the oil while I'm doing my make-up then brush it thoroughly with a detangling brush. I skip 2 days of not washing my hair and I use this on my second day. I have thick, bleached, dry hair so the less I wash my hair the better! Reason why I gave 4 stars is because it's super messy! I would wear a robe over what I would wear for the day or it would look like you have dandruff.

on 7/15/2015 9:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The powder itself is great- it smells nice compared to most dry shampoos, and it's thick so once you get it in your roots it does it's job pretty well. However the packaging sucks! It is so difficult to disperse evenly. Sort your packaging out Lush!

Popular Hair Products