Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener

3.3

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Trisiloxane, Boron Nitride, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tribehenin, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica Silylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, Silica, Alumina, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides

Poor dispenser, watery consistency, pretty lightly pigmented and, if used alone, not particularly effective as a brightener. But when applied under my regular under-eye concealer/highlighter it does brighten a bit. It is not drying and it does not cake. But that’s all. It is completely useless as primer, so there is definitely not much to rave about. Will not repurchase.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a so so product. The little brush attached to the product really is useless to me. I just dab it onto my under eye and then blend with a sponge. It does help brighten up the eye area a little though, however for me, it leaves little pink chunks in any lines or creases under my eye making them more obvious once I put on any concealer. It is very shear as well, so if you're like me and really need more color correction- it's probably not for you. If you have nice smooth under eyes, and just need a little brightening, I can see this working well!

The Revlon Photoreeady Eye Primer + Brightener has been in my collection for a few years and is easily the most forgettable primer I have purchased. I used it again today to see if I was missing out on a possible HG product.

The GOOD... I am very pleased to see that after 2 years the product is still good in the package. It smells fine and the product hasn't separated in the packaging at all. The packaging is similar to Stila lip glazes with the turn and click with a brush applicator. I generally hate this packing, as I find it very messy, but found in this case it was very clean.

the BAD and the UGLY... This product is a very thin consistency which makes it very patchy when applied to the skin. The formulation stayed very wet and doesn't dry down. The color is a pink that generally colour corrects my skin quite well but, perhaps due to the thin wet consistency, it doesn't actually correct discoloration. The primer's wet formulation is also not great for my oily lids and keeping shadow in place. It literally is better to have nothing at all.

BOTTOM LINE: I only think this would work for someone young with normal skin types but really there are other primers that are much better for even less money. I would suggest the Essence or Milani primer for people who want to spend less or have normal skin types.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I am updating this review as I have revisited this product and changed the way I use it. I recently read that it is important to let primers dry before applying makeup over them. I now dry my primer with a few cool blasts of my hairdryer which has changed my view on the effectiveness of this primer.
----------------------

I have oily lids so a good primer is essential. I live in tropical Australia so a primer has to cope with heat and humidity. Not sure on whether this product can stand up to the humidity of the wet season but will probably perform well in the dry months.

This is a wonderful brightener, easy to use, easy to blend and really lifts the eye area. I will probably get more use of this in the dry season.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have mixed feelings about this product. I have found that when used the way it was intended to be used, it isn't pigmented enough to be a proper concealer and the texture just wasn't right for my eye area alone. One day though, I needed some dew and sheen to my skin and decided to mix a bit of this into my regular foundation...applied with a damp sponge, I've never had my skin looking so perfectly luminous without looking oily! No foundation or illuminator add in has ever created such a look to my skin! I love using it in this manner but as an under eye concealer/brightener/primer.. it doesn't work for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this product as an eyeshadow primer and I use it in the corner of my eyes to brighten them up. Haven't really used it under my eyes. As a primer this works exactly as you'd want it to, I have no complaints. I love how easily this product applies, you can use a brush or a sponge/blender. It works wonders at brightening up the eye and has become a staple product for me. It is not cheap, but pricing isn't too bad and I would definitely recommend.

Applicator: 2/5
-3 because after only 2 uses the turn to dispense function on my product broke and rendered the $30 product unusable.
+2 for the wonderfully soft brush giving a nice smooth application.

Feel: 5/5
Like a light moisturizer has been applied, quite pleasant in small applications.

Coverage: 2/5
It is NOT a foundation style product you can use to cover bags. It is like a thin gel BB cream with a slight shimmer.
+2 because it does brighten up the eye area
-3 because it conceals nothing at all and actually made the eye make-up area creasing WORSE.

Overall:
It is a lovely product for those who don't really need make up and just want to add a little light to the eye area.
So far as eye concealers and primers go you're better off buying in a dollar shop than this.
Honestly I wouldn't risk it based on the fact the dispenser is so unreliable and I've quite honestly been left feeling entirely disenchanted with Revlon products.

I. Love. This. Stuff.

I use the Photoready Primer (which is also amazing) and picked this up at Walgreens at a two-for sale. I use it both as a concealer and primer. I have DARK circles, this covers them up completely. But what I love the most? When I used Latisse a few years back, I was one of those unlucky people who got weird side effects. For me, my eyelids were never the same. They have since had a yucky, "teastained" color to them that is just....gross. Seriously.

When I would use any other primer and try to apply shadow the color would be off. Not only does this work well as a *primer*, it also works amazingly well ALONE. I use it for days when I'm just wearing mascara and it's like my magic wand - no dark circles or teastained eyelids.

Would I buy again? Um, yeah. I'll never be without it. Holy Grail Status for sure!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this primer when I just started with makeup and I needed something to work with that didn't make my eyeshadow crease into my eyelids. I have never used this under my eyes as a concealer because I feel like it would be to dry. All the reviews on here say it sucks as a primer but I think it works really well! If you just moisturize well, the primer will be fine!

I usually use Bobbi Brown corrector, but decided to try this with a coupon and It's really nice. It's a very light weight liquid pinkish color that works surprisingly well. It doesn't work as well as BB but for a lighter look it's effective with under eye circles. It's okay as a eye primer if you make sure to use a tiny amount. I would repurchase as it takes very little effort to blend and that cuts down on time when in a hurry.