NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Frivolous

No Image

3.0

on 10/24/2016 2:30:00 PM

Yep... I think frivolous says it all. It's like a shimmery Chapstick but it's 25 bucks. It does leave a tiny amount of color & I do like it so I won't be returning but I def don't plan on buying this particular pencil ever again.

on 6/18/2012 5:23:00 PM

Based on the description of this product line alone, I was far from sold. Gloss Lip Pencil? Please.

I tried them anyway and I'm a truly a convert. My biggest gripe about lip gloss generally is the tacky textures and I thought this line must have that characteristic, but it turns out that these have a really nice glide without being sticky at all. I chose Frivolous because I was looking for a neutral shimmery shade and this one fit the bill. It gives me a pop of brightness and shine without the typical icy '80s pink frost, hair band groupie look which I find less than professional.

I reapply it maybe twice daily and I'm good to go.

Many of the colors in this line appear too dark for me to use as a lip gloss. I might check out Hopi and Happy Days next though and see if again this line proves me wrong.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm normally not one to return a product, but if I'm really not going to use it and I have 5 others like it that work far better, then the product goes back. The color is a light bubblegum pink that looked great on my hand but lost on my pigmented lips. The worst part is that the color barely stays on. I don't mind a thicker, stickier formula that will last a good hour or so, but this color comes off within 30 minutes. That's far too much reapplying when I can just use another product. I like MAC lip gloss in Baby Sparks much better.

Popular Lip Glosses