Clarisonic Mia2

Clarisonic Mia2
Mia2Mia2Mia2

4.1

on 8/29/2017 4:33:00 AM

I purchased this 3 years ago at age 27 on the Champs Elysees. I was surprised by the price but purchased it anyway. It has turned out to be so useful! I have noticed a much more significant need to manually exfoliate since turning 30, and while it is sometimes fun to whip up a brown sugar or fruit scrub, this does the job extremely well and cleanses at the same time. I don't use it daily, maybe 2x per week, but it makes and massive and immediate difference. Will keep it around!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had the Mia a long time ago, and it eventually pooped out (it wouldn't charge any more. The charger for the original Mia was so problematic.) Once the previous one died, I got the Mia 2 since it seemed like a pretty big upgrade. First of all, I do like the charging dock versus the magnetic charger pod thing of the original Mia. Performance wise they both do basically the same thing, but the Mia 2 has a couple of extra settings that let you customize a little more. I only use this in the morning with a gentle or sensitive brush head, and it gives some light exfoliation and really sets the stage for putting on skincare and makeup. I have used it at night too after removing makeup, but I prefer it in the AM. I feel like it really keeps my skin healthy and makes a difference long-term, allowing my skincare to work better.

on 12/3/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this and the original Clarisonic. They work extremely well at thoroughly cleansing your face. The previous reviewer stated that their brush was difficult to clean and that the base was covered in black goo when removing to replace the brush. If you have this, please don't leave it on the handle after cleansing. This brush needs air to dry properly and removing the brush from the handle, washing the brush and letting it air dry off the base is the proper way to care for this product. The only time I had anything that looked like mold was with a new brush head that had a label over the clear plastic brush protector. The label was supposed to be a convenient way to write the date so you would know when to change the brush head. All it did was cover the vent holes and impeded proper drying. I have never used the Clarisonic to remove makeup, so I have never had a problem washing the brush. I use makeup remover wipes then use the Clarisonic to make sure my skin is thoroughly cleansed. When you pay this much for a product, you need to take proper care of it in order to be happy.

on 4/30/2017 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought a Mia2; then an AlphaFit just for portability sake. For the price you pay it didn't do much. Sensitive head breaks me out. Cashmere head does nothing and Radiance head occasionally breaks me out too. Hence I switched over to the Foreo Luna. Using the Clarisonic only once a week for now prior to deep clean/peel routine once a week. Simply too abrasive.

I own the Mia and found the Mia2 on sale and since my Mia was so old I thought a new one would be good to have. Also I was interested in the 2 speeds and the timer. Well I really like this system a lot. I love how well this cleans my skin, also at 37 I'm all about wrinkle prevention and I swear this keeps my skin looking so good! Also I had suffered from acne for years and I do credit this with helping to keep my skin clear. I also like how well my serums absorb especially my Vitamin C products and I also use retinoids and this keeps peeling to almost non existent for me.

It has also made the PIH I get from a pimple go away so much faster! My skin is so soft and smooth and my makeup goes on so easy. I also credit this with helping the tone and texture of my skin. Plus I really do believe that this cleans my skin so much better than just washing it alone. My pores are so clean and practically invisible I have no fine lines either. The travel case looks kinda cheap but I still will use it for travel. I like the delicate brush head and the deep cleansing one as well. But what I really love is how good my skin looks. It's clear, even toned, and acne free so I really am happy with this product.

I just use mine on universal speed I use the delicate speed when my skin needs it as I have combination skin oily in the warmer months and dry in the colder months. This I feel has made my skin just behave and look so much better. I have been using my Clarisonic for over 5 years now and I personally am a believer in that it cleanses my skin better, helps the texture, keeps my pores clean, and I have barely any breakouts and if I do it's just one spot when it's that time of the month. I really couldn't be happier with a product and to me it's worth the investment as in my case it really has transformed my skin for the better. Recommended.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm very satisfied with my Mia2. It's very cute and fits comfortably in your hand. It's waterproof so I use it in the shower. On the bottom of the handle, there are two dents where the charger magnetically clings on. There are two speeds, delicate and universal. I only use the universal speed. Not a big fan on the delicate speed. The travel case that is included isn't very special. It's simple and looks kinda cheap.

To be honest, I'd recommend the Mia1 instead. That one only has one speed, universal. That speed should do the trick for most people. Since this was my first Clarisonic I wanted to buy the one with two speeds just to see how my face would react.

Before using the Clarisonic, I had cystic acne. Two to three cysts would appear on my face everyday. This went on for 4-5 months. The Clarisonic took care of the job, although it took a couple of months for my face to adjust to it. I haven't gotten one cyst on my face since. I use it once a day on universal speed. I use it with Cetaphil moisturizer. It also does a great job at removing makeup that isn't visible. If you think soap, water, and makeup remover is getting rid of all the makeup on your face, think again, this thing will prove you wrong.

Oh and it also made my acne scars disappear. And I had a ton before using this!

on 12/2/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I realize that almost everyone seems to love this product and I have to admit that I actually used it religiously every day for years. However, I always had problems cleaning the brush head after using it and after a while, I realized that since I could not adequately clean it after every use, in essence, the longer and longer I used the Clarisonic during the brush head's three month life span, the more I was actually using a dirty brush head to "clean" my face. The last time when it was time to change to a new brush head, on removing the old one from the unit, the head base was completely covered in black sticky goo. The idea of washing my face with a brush head hiding this sticky dirty goo made me sick. I immediately threw out the whole system and have switched to the Foreo. I like this so much better as I do not have to spend money on replacement brush heads and after washing my face, a little soap and a swish with a soft tooth brush and the unit is clean.

About 4 years ago my skin all of a sudden started to break out like CRAZY. Every day 3-5 new pimples. It was strange- I was in my early 20s, and I've never had any problems with my skin before, even as a teenager. I've always had (and still do) have allergy prone, combination skin with large pores. But no crazy breakouts until then.
So I started to experiment with various products and routines- 7 out of 10 products have caused allergic reaction, and nothing helped. I decided to splurge and buy Mia 2, which was all the rage back then.
I've always paid a big attention to properly removing my makeup. I double cleansed, used good, non-comedogenic moisturizers and exfoliators. I wanted my skin to be CLEAN at the end of the day.
I've tried Mia 2 with sensitive brush head, it didn't make any difference, so I switched to deep pore head. At first it resulted in worst breakout in years. I thought it's the "purge" phase and it will pass, but I've been breaking out badly for 2 months and finally I figured out it doesn't help either. My skin was cleansed nicely, but new breakouts still appeared.
Finally I decided to start taking isotretinoin. It was an extreme solution, but I was desperate because my confidence was very low seeing my poor skin every day (full coverage foundation was a must).
Just before I started my therapy, I stumbled upon an article about how much impact YOUR DIET has on your skin. There were a lot of comments from people who have been suffering from breakouts until they stopped drinking milk (or eating dairy).
This article was the best thing that happened to me in years!
At first I decided to CUT OUT MILK from my diet.
And voila- in about 10 months my skin has CLEARED UP- completely. No pimple- just gorgeous, smooth skin I've missed for so long!
Plus, I discovered that my "acne" was caused by an allergic reaction to milk containing lactose! So the only thing I've had to do is switch to lactose free milk (lucky me, I hated soy milk).

TL;DR- Mia is a nice little tool for deep cleansing- if it won't work for you and you'll keep breaking out, do an allergy test, "look on your plate"- no fancy skincare will help if what you eat (or drink) products that your skin doesn't like.

on 10/27/2016 6:26:00 PM

This dehydrated my skin out badly. Will not use again.. I used the Luxe Cashmere brush head. Still didn't work. Very disappointed. Left my skin with a very uneven texture and my nose was stinging/burning after I applied my face creams only after one use. I used it ONLY twice and gave up. Didn't like it. A friend of mine is getting it for Christmas. All I can say is good luck and I hope she has a better experience than I had.

on 11/23/2016 10:47:00 PM

I am so, so disappointed with the Clarisonic Mia 2! The device was sooo harsh on my skin. I used the acne brush and the cashmere brush, and both really hurt my face. The cashmere one, which is supposed to be extremely gentle, spiked up when it got wet and the acne one was just very harsh. The Clarisonic is basically an overpriced exfoliator. The purging period that Clarisonic talks about is NOT NORMAL. Your face should not break out from skincare products/devices (unless it's acne medication or something). Your face breaking out means it's irritated because the Clarisonic is a harsh exfoliator!! Overall, I definitely would not recommend this to anyone. I'm looking into the Foreo right now.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools