Clarisonic Mia2

Clarisonic Mia2
image 1image 2image 3

4.2

5 star review

My skin is combination and I get the occasional hormonal spot.
This product alongside Sisley Cleansing milk with sage is my two best products for fantastic skin. Huge investment but they work!

How to use- firstly I purchased the deep pore cleansing brushes which I sterilised first and rinsed well for first use!
Wet the brush of the clarisonic and use on damp skin. I actually only use the middle of the deep pore cleanser brush I saw this tip on YouTube it means the brush head is smaller but perfect for nose and chin to get into those harder to reach areas. Just hold around the outside of the brush and twist and it should come off.
Use a small amount of Sisley cleanser with sage- about a finger nail amount.
Use on all zones of the skin for directed time. Rinse thoroughly face and wash and rinse brush after each use and allow to dry. Follow after patting skin dry with Sisley floral toner and then Sisley moisturiser with cucumber and apply spf on top!

Cleaning- it's important to change brushes regularly!
Use baby sterilising tablets to clean brush and brush head. Fill bowl with hot water add sterilising tablet and remove brush head completely place into bowl alongside the brush handle to clean underneath brush head. Leave for approx 30minutes.
This is the easiest and safest way to clean your brush and brush head and to minimise germs/bacteria. I do this 2-3 times a week.
You can not use this and not sterilise this brush head as if you are using twice a day it will remain damp and harbour germs.
Sterilising tablets can be brought at supermarket and chemist. This is one of my biggest tips for this to work effectively and stop you breaking out in spots!!!

Brush heads- I use the deep pore brush heads and remove the outer brush leaving just the middle this works well for nose and chin area. Make sure to wash and rinse brush head after each use- I just wash with carex antibacterial hand wash the brush head after each use then rinse thoroughly. Do Not use the hand wash on the brush to wash your face this is only to kill germs after use! I steralise the brush and brush head each week- 2-3 times a week in baby sterilising tablets making sure to remove brush head completely and submerging the brush handle as well in the bowl of water and solution.
Please remember to wash/clean brush after each use and allow to dry and to sterilise each week! This prevents spots/ infections!

Travel case- comes with a handy travel case which I also sterilise before and after I've been away to keep clean and also I place the brush inside to keep clean. Never leave brush in bathroom of hotel where cleaners may be going into room and may interfere with it or try it. Don't mean to sound negative but you hear horror stories of people using toothbrushes to clean etc. Don't take the risk just place in container out of site after use! Can even take sterilising tablets with you and place in hot water solution when away.

Tips- as mentioned use deep pore brush heads, clean after use with antibacterial handwash the head of brush, sterilise each week 2-3 times a week in baby sterilising solution, remove outer brush for best use!

The reason people say this dries skin is because they use the wrong products!!!
Do not use with cheap products or scrubs with grains in, best used with milky cleanser and the best for combination skin- Sisley cleanser with sage- see my separate review for that.
This is non-drying and means can use twice a day no drying of skin, no taut feeling, no rough patches just soft and clear skin.
For hormonal acne- course of accupuncture worked within 3-6 months around my menstural cycle to rebalance hormones and eradicate cystic inflamed/red hormonal spots under the surface of skin. Find reputable therapist for this and check regulated!
Accupuncture, clarisonic, Sisley cleanser with sage, Sisley floral toner and Sisley moisturiser with cucumber are my holy grails for perfect skin alongside drinking up to 3 litres of water, fruit/veg and no junk food and reduce sugar!

This works!! Please use appropriate cleanser and avoid the negative feedback some give for stripping the skin of moisture this doesn't happen with the right products!

Expensive but it works- clear, soft skin! 🌟

on 7/9/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've had this product for approx 1 year, bought at $220.

I have found that when I use this product, my skin feels clean. My skin looks luminous. However, you can get exactly the same effect from a good face scrub. Honestly, I cannot say my pores, lines or skin looks improved due to this product. I basically have a clean face. Pros include it's size (small), 1 recharge = approx 20 uses. I like how it has no external batteries, so I don't worry about getting it wet or changing batteries.

If you have some money to splurge, then I don't think this product will do any harm. I have sensitive skin, and I use it at night, daily to second daily.

It's important to note the head is detachable. Depending on what you use, some people can get crud build up between the head and Mia, so it is important to detach and wash. Also, I wash with soap the head, weekly. Once a month, I soak in 70%min rubbing alcohol for a few hours then let it dry. Don't forget to rinse properly, otherwise it burns!!! Considering I have acne prone skin, if I break out, I increase the frequency of sterilisation.

I have had the original head for almost a year. So far, only 1 bristle needs a trim, otherwise it looks brand new. The manufacturer recommends buying a new head 3 monthly. I think this is unnecessary.

If this is not affordable, I wouldn't recommend saving up to buy one of these. I cannot say my skin has improved due to this product. If you have money to burn/very keen to experiment, then this product would be for you.

To Read all 251 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/9/2016 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

OK I did not believe the hype, But I gave in and purchased. I'm blown away. This little miracle worker makes me skin so clean and with a glow.
I didn't think that anything could actually make pores smaller. Oh I know there are some tricks to make them (appear) smaller temporarily.
This little machine actually does shrink pore size. I think because over time the skin gets so clean and decongested that the pores shrink. I wish they could lower the $$ so that everyone could have this at home.

on 7/4/2016 6:53:00 PM

After using the clarisonic mia 2 for a little over a year now, I find that I prefer my olay pro cleansing brush. Originally I bought olay brush first just to try it out and see how I feel about the whole brush hype and I actually really loved it but then I dropped the brush and it stopped working and I didn't want to buy another one especially because it used batteries (which I found to be inconvenient) so I decided to invest in the clarisonic mia 2 after a lot of contemplation because there was so many good reviews. I was really excited about it and for awhile I did like it (even though right off the bat I did feel like it didn't clean as well as the olay brush because it has the vibrating bristles versus the spinning head). I really enjoyed that I was able to control the speed and I loved the rechargeable battery! I liked it enough that I even bought the deep pore cleansing brush head for it too (it comes with the sensitive head) but I didn't really notice a difference between how they cleansed my skin. BUT! The one thing I really didn't care for at all was how it beeped every 15-20 secs to tell me to move onto a new area or automatically stopped after a minute because I really like to keep going til I felt like my skin was clean and I just found that to be an unnecessary and quite frankly really inconvenient feature but overall still a really enjoyable product. Now, keep in mind that was when I first got it which was like I said earlier a little over a year ago and I've been using it ever since but recently I've been having a lot of issues with clogged pores on my chin and on the side of my nose where my cheeks and nose meet and a lot little pimples under the skin sparsely on my cheeks which really bother me. I use my clarisonic religiously every night because my skin isn't exactly sensitive but I would't recommend that if you have sensitive skin. I noticed that even though I used the brush every night and sometimes in the morning the clogged pores were not disappearing and just kept gradually getting worse. About two nights ago, I was fidgeting with my broken olay brush that I had kept (because I'm a hoarder, haha) because I was upset over my pores and I remembered that my olay brush really helped to keep my skin smooth. To my surprise, after banging it against the counter a few times it started working again!! :D I was really happy! So I used it that night, then the next morning then that night and so on and today I was looking at my face and you know what my pores around my nose has began to clear up and the ones on my chin are minimizing. So what I'm trying to say is I truly prefer the Olay brush! However, I feel like because my skin isn't sensitive I really need the extra spinning power to exfoliate my skin versus the vibrating bristles on the clarisonic that really just wasn't doing it for me. So what I suggest is that if you have sensitive skin and want to splurge, sure try to clarisonic but if you need extra exfoliation, stick with the Olay brush because it's effective and cheap even though I hate that you have to use batteries. OR! Another option is the vanity planet brushes because I know they're gaining popularity and they also have the spinning heads but I feel like they'll be a little better quality than the Olay ones.

on 6/8/2016 8:11:00 AM

An investment that will help your skin in the long run!

A bit of background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin, blemish / acne prone as well.

I bought the Mia2 about 2 years ago when there was a sale and offered discounts for this item. Like many people have mentioned - it was highly raved but i never got around buying it because my skin breaks out easily when i use a new product. I only couldn't resist it after i saw many people use it had extremely clear, flawless skin.

My skin broke out, but only for the first few days of using it. Not big, cystic kind, but normal whiteheads. Afterwards my skin became extremely clear, i couldn't believe it myself. I only get hormonal breakouts when its around my period, but otherwise, nothing, zero blemishes at all!!!!

I believe for some people, your skin will break out because the clarasonic will help to dislodge and in a way "force" all the toxins that has been stuck inside the skin where normal cleansing using with your own hands can't do. So you need to get past that stage before you can really see the results.

There are a few tricks to using the clarasonic:
- don't press the clarasonic too hard on your skin. Just let it sit on the first layer of your skin and let it cleanse. afterwards your skin will feel extremely clear. before this i only use my hands to cleanse and the feeling is completely different when you use the clarasonic. it feels clean and refreshed.

- if you were to press too hard on your skin, it will feel irritated and way too rough on your skin. that's where the sensitive skin users will either feel slight tingling pain or break out even worse than the starting phase. it happened to me during the first few times so i learnt it the hard way.

- the rest of your skincare routine plays a part. just cleansing alone will not help. you need to figure out what kind of toners, moisturizers, serums work well for your skin and do not break you out before you can even determine whether the clarasonic is suitable for you. trust me, i spent years searching for the skincare for my own type.

- sensitive skin users, purchase their sensitive brush head. it is good, a lot more gentler for your skin. purchased it before and texture alone you can feel the difference.

i paid $220(?) if i'm not wrong for the clarasonic, together with its regular brush head and a travel sized gel cleanser. the gel cleanser is ok, didn't improve or worsen my skin. i usually only use it when i want to remove really heavy kind of makeup to double cleansing.

overall for their refreshing gel cleanser, it is ok, but i don't think its worth to repurchase simply because i have my own gel cleanser which my dermatologist recommended that helps to improve and reduce skin breakouts. the price is slightly cheaper too.

the instructions also recommended to change the brush head every 3(?) months i think. but.... have not bought a new brush head for like a year and since then my skin has improved a lot lol.

i think you have to take good care of your brush - try to rinse the head every time you finish using it to cleanse your face. it will go a long way definitely. i'll probably only buy a new one unless the bristles go out of shape (like a toothbrush would....lol) or if the colour of the bristles turn yellow (yuck!). but so far, i've been using the same brush head for about a year but it does NOT affect the condition of my skin.

for packaging i gave 4 lippies simply because back then this was the IT thing as it was lightweight and compact and it even came with its travel case for you to pack if you want to go overseas.

however recently they came out with the MiaFit which is EVEN SMALLER and i am so jelly i wished i have waited a bit more longer since its even more compact!!!! at this point i wouldn't buy the MiaFit as the packaging is the only difference but the results work just as the same. which is why in this case, i would not repurchase if one day this doesn't work. only then i would purchase the MiaFit.

The mia2 has been my HG for 2 years now and its still working in good condition. take good care of it and it will go a long way, definitely.

overall this is a 11/10 for me! i would highly recommend to purchase this as an investment instead of other brands because it will certainly help your skin in the long run. i believe that it will work on your skin well if you give it some time and try out a few ways and see which method works well on your skin. most importantly, just be gentle to your skin!

Hope this helps!

on 5/26/2016 5:42:00 AM

Love this, visibly changed my skin. Had acne prone combo skin (just around my forehead), broke me out for a week after but then it was great. My cheeks feel softer and even more clearer. It removes makeup you never realised you still had leftover on your face.

Yes, it is an investment but worth the $$$. The brush heads are quite expensive to keep replacing but i got two free ones with my purchase :)

Overall I like this product. I bought a duo set on sale around Christmas time and gave one to my stepdaughter. So we got a really good deal. I expected this to be life changing, so I'm a little let down. I do think it helps a lot with cleaning out pores. Also good at getting makeup off. I was only using in the morning, I'm going to increase to using at night also. I'm adding a retinol back into my routine. I will probably try some different brushheads in the future, it seems like my skin can take a lot and needs a lot of exfoliation.

I was really excited to use my new Mia 2 after hearing rave reviews from some co-workers. Unfortunately, it ended up making me break out really badly. I cut back on my usage (1x every other day instead of once a day) in the hopes that I was just going through the "purging period" I'd read about. A month later, my skin was worse than it had ever been, so I ended up returning it. It did wonders removing my makeup however. I think that my skin may have just been too sensitive.

on 3/18/2016 3:16:00 PM

I love it,, l started use clarsonic from 1 month ago ,, the bad things : it's expensive at the first i was afraid to buy it and it will not worth .... Nowadays i say it worth it ... Its clean my skin and i feel it smooth... I used before other cheap brush ... But clarsonic is different .. Until now i can't say that its clear my skin from acne because i use other products for acne but i think it's helpful.. Mmmmmm i don't know but its a good product and if you need a clean skin and you don't have money buy it otherwise buy the cheap brush .... And i don't recommend if you have a smooth and skin without problems ..

i finally bought clarisonic after a 35% discount i found in the sephora on line store of my country.i love it!it supercleanses my skin leaving it soft and velvet like.my pores have obviously shrunk,my combination skin isnt flaky any more and i have also noticed that the redness in my cheeks has diminished.i definitely reccomend it!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools