Clarisonic Mia2

Clarisonic Mia2
Mia2Mia2Mia2

4.1

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

recently i buy this device because i'm so into whole skincare regime lately
at first i want to buy the cheaper one from olay, neutrogena, minisoo, and some local brush that available in my country

however, knowing how in the end i will save my money to try this, i end up buy this

honestly, i was very skeptical about the whole cleansing brush stuff

it's been a month, i think i love this device, it does a great job on my skin
i don't use it everyday, only 3x/week
sometimes i will just use it whenever i feel so lazy to clean my whole makeup (but eye area still with oil cleanser)

i use the sensitive brush one, i was wondering if the brush really does different job on each brush?
but i think it's enough for my skin with the sensitive one

got myself the white one, as for packaging i love it
it's cute

charge-able (which i really love)
water resistant

i think it's a good investment for your skin if you really want it, but not so necessary

on 10/18/2017 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Oh how much I love this one!
For the first month of use nothing really happened but I kept on anyway. So glad I did.
I really think one should start easy with it as breaking out from it is a true thing. For the whole first month I used it once daily, usually in the evening. Red pimples and mild breakouts did occur but nothing severe or uncontrollable. And then one day....boom...baby soft skin! So ever since I began using it twice daily and...wow...skin that I never ever had before. Even skin tone, clear pores ALL the time, plump soft cheeks...LOVE
By the way, I don't remove makeup with it.
The Mia2 has a very handy timer that helps you not overdo it in any area. I really like this function.
My routine (in case anyone is interested):
Morning: I clean my face mostly with the mild Avene soap bar and I use the mia2 for one minute. Those pesky hormonal monthly days I will use a cleanser with salicylic acid. Then I spray my face with Eau Thermal Water by Avene. Then sometimes I will put Paula's Choice 2%BHA. Then my moisturizer and eye cream. Finally I either put on makeup or Sunscreen with color or just sunscreen. Thanks to mia2, makeup days are rarer nowadays.
Evening: If I have makeup on, I will first remove it with a mix of olive + castor oil and a warm wet cloth. Then I will cleanse with the Avene soap and the mia2. Then the Avene Eau Thermale Water. Then I will put on my night cream. Sometimes beforehand I may use Bio Oil because I love it so much. And once a week I will do an AHA treatment from the Paula's Choice treatments.
Daily in the shower: I use it on the KP on my upper arms along with a scrub that contains salicylic acid. Then afterwards I moisturize these areas with an AHA product. It hasn't gone away but the skin is smoother and not red anymore so I'll keep on using it.

After every use I will clean the brush with pure olive oil soap (or castile soap) and the whole apparatus with water and will let them air dry. Once a week I will sanitize the brush in Peroxide Hydrogen.
I've been using it for almost 2 months now and I only had to charge it once for a whole 24-hour period.
It can be used in the shower which is very handy.
All in all a great buy that I highly recommend.

on 4/30/2017 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought a Mia2; then an AlphaFit just for portability sake. For the price you pay it didn't do much. Sensitive head breaks me out. Cashmere head does nothing and Radiance head occasionally breaks me out too. Hence I switched over to the Foreo Luna. Using the Clarisonic only once a week for now prior to deep clean/peel routine once a week. Simply too abrasive.

I own the Mia and found the Mia2 on sale and since my Mia was so old I thought a new one would be good to have. Also I was interested in the 2 speeds and the timer. Well I really like this system a lot. I love how well this cleans my skin, also at 37 I'm all about wrinkle prevention and I swear this keeps my skin looking so good! Also I had suffered from acne for years and I do credit this with helping to keep my skin clear. I also like how well my serums absorb especially my Vitamin C products and I also use retinoids and this keeps peeling to almost non existent for me.

It has also made the PIH I get from a pimple go away so much faster! My skin is so soft and smooth and my makeup goes on so easy. I also credit this with helping the tone and texture of my skin. Plus I really do believe that this cleans my skin so much better than just washing it alone. My pores are so clean and practically invisible I have no fine lines either. The travel case looks kinda cheap but I still will use it for travel. I like the delicate brush head and the deep cleansing one as well. But what I really love is how good my skin looks. It's clear, even toned, and acne free so I really am happy with this product.

I just use mine on universal speed I use the delicate speed when my skin needs it as I have combination skin oily in the warmer months and dry in the colder months. This I feel has made my skin just behave and look so much better. I have been using my Clarisonic for over 5 years now and I personally am a believer in that it cleanses my skin better, helps the texture, keeps my pores clean, and I have barely any breakouts and if I do it's just one spot when it's that time of the month. I really couldn't be happier with a product and to me it's worth the investment as in my case it really has transformed my skin for the better. Recommended.

on 8/29/2017 4:33:00 AM

I purchased this 3 years ago at age 27 on the Champs Elysees. I was surprised by the price but purchased it anyway. It has turned out to be so useful! I have noticed a much more significant need to manually exfoliate since turning 30, and while it is sometimes fun to whip up a brown sugar or fruit scrub, this does the job extremely well and cleanses at the same time. I don't use it daily, maybe 2x per week, but it makes and massive and immediate difference. Will keep it around!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had the Mia a long time ago, and it eventually pooped out (it wouldn't charge any more. The charger for the original Mia was so problematic.) Once the previous one died, I got the Mia 2 since it seemed like a pretty big upgrade. First of all, I do like the charging dock versus the magnetic charger pod thing of the original Mia. Performance wise they both do basically the same thing, but the Mia 2 has a couple of extra settings that let you customize a little more. I only use this in the morning with a gentle or sensitive brush head, and it gives some light exfoliation and really sets the stage for putting on skincare and makeup. I have used it at night too after removing makeup, but I prefer it in the AM. I feel like it really keeps my skin healthy and makes a difference long-term, allowing my skincare to work better.

on 12/3/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this and the original Clarisonic. They work extremely well at thoroughly cleansing your face. The previous reviewer stated that their brush was difficult to clean and that the base was covered in black goo when removing to replace the brush. If you have this, please don't leave it on the handle after cleansing. This brush needs air to dry properly and removing the brush from the handle, washing the brush and letting it air dry off the base is the proper way to care for this product. The only time I had anything that looked like mold was with a new brush head that had a label over the clear plastic brush protector. The label was supposed to be a convenient way to write the date so you would know when to change the brush head. All it did was cover the vent holes and impeded proper drying. I have never used the Clarisonic to remove makeup, so I have never had a problem washing the brush. I use makeup remover wipes then use the Clarisonic to make sure my skin is thoroughly cleansed. When you pay this much for a product, you need to take proper care of it in order to be happy.

on 12/2/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I realize that almost everyone seems to love this product and I have to admit that I actually used it religiously every day for years. However, I always had problems cleaning the brush head after using it and after a while, I realized that since I could not adequately clean it after every use, in essence, the longer and longer I used the Clarisonic during the brush head's three month life span, the more I was actually using a dirty brush head to "clean" my face. The last time when it was time to change to a new brush head, on removing the old one from the unit, the head base was completely covered in black sticky goo. The idea of washing my face with a brush head hiding this sticky dirty goo made me sick. I immediately threw out the whole system and have switched to the Foreo. I like this so much better as I do not have to spend money on replacement brush heads and after washing my face, a little soap and a swish with a soft tooth brush and the unit is clean.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm very satisfied with my Mia2. It's very cute and fits comfortably in your hand. It's waterproof so I use it in the shower. On the bottom of the handle, there are two dents where the charger magnetically clings on. There are two speeds, delicate and universal. I only use the universal speed. Not a big fan on the delicate speed. The travel case that is included isn't very special. It's simple and looks kinda cheap.

To be honest, I'd recommend the Mia1 instead. That one only has one speed, universal. That speed should do the trick for most people. Since this was my first Clarisonic I wanted to buy the one with two speeds just to see how my face would react.

Before using the Clarisonic, I had cystic acne. Two to three cysts would appear on my face everyday. This went on for 4-5 months. The Clarisonic took care of the job, although it took a couple of months for my face to adjust to it. I haven't gotten one cyst on my face since. I use it once a day on universal speed. I use it with Cetaphil moisturizer. It also does a great job at removing makeup that isn't visible. If you think soap, water, and makeup remover is getting rid of all the makeup on your face, think again, this thing will prove you wrong.

Oh and it also made my acne scars disappear. And I had a ton before using this!

on 11/23/2016 10:47:00 PM

I am so, so disappointed with the Clarisonic Mia 2! The device was sooo harsh on my skin. I used the acne brush and the cashmere brush, and both really hurt my face. The cashmere one, which is supposed to be extremely gentle, spiked up when it got wet and the acne one was just very harsh. The Clarisonic is basically an overpriced exfoliator. The purging period that Clarisonic talks about is NOT NORMAL. Your face should not break out from skincare products/devices (unless it's acne medication or something). Your face breaking out means it's irritated because the Clarisonic is a harsh exfoliator!! Overall, I definitely would not recommend this to anyone. I'm looking into the Foreo right now.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools