4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

**TL;DR - an excellent deep cleanser that exfoliates gently and fully, provided you use a brush head that’s compatible with your skin type. I would never gum it up by not removing make up and sunscreen before using it. For me, it’s a deep treatment that I use 2-3 times per week max and my skin looks and feels amazing, flakes completely gone, dullness gone, skin smooth and boy do products go on easier. I’m even using less product. Even if you have dry skin that has a compromised barrier, I still recommend looking into this. Research the brush heads and buy from a place where you can return it if you don’t like it, because it’s expensive.** SKIN ISSUES: I’m 39, I have mature, dry skin. No acne or other issues. I use acids, antioxidants and Tretinoin in my routine for anti aging, which makes my skin prone to dehydration, and flakes. I got tired of the flakes. Flakes under my sun screen, under my tinted moisturizer and foundation. I wanted to try something different regarding manual exfoliation. So I bought a Mia 2 with radiance head. USAGE: I was worried about damaging my delicate barrier and further drying out my skin, so I have only used this twice per week since I got it. I typically cleanse with coconut oil, but on the days I use the Mia I remove makeup/sunscreen with oil first, then cleanse with Simple gel cleanser and plenty of water to lubricate. I don’t apply pressure, just sort of run it across my face and neck. I follow the timer. PERFORMANCE: Even with the radiance head, this is a deep cleanser for the skin. It’s too much for me to use daily, (perhaps too much for anyone to use daily, apart from those that wear heavy, heavy products and/or have an oily skin), but it is SO worth using two-three times per week. The first time after I used it, I felt like my skin might never have actually been clean before. My skin felt so smooth, soft, so clean. It was really hard not to use again that night. I’m using less product, I’m noticing a glow and polish to my skin that wasn’t there before, despite my powerful actives. Scrubs aren’t even on the same level, even polishing ones with millions of tiny beads. Those work to a degree, but not like the Clarisonic. Now that I have one I can’t imagine letting it go. The sonic vibrations must be the key, they loosen deeper dirt, skin cells and sebum and brush just polishes them away. I’ve had expensive spa facials that I’ve never been able to duplicate at home, even with the expensive products. But now, the Clarisonic has my skin feeling just like it does post-facial. It’s not a replacement for chemical exfoliants; those dissolve the ‘glue’ that hold skin cells together, which result in flakes. Physical exfoliation removes the flakes. I still use my Retin a and P50, I just don’t use them right after using the Mia2. CONS: The price could be considered a con, but worth it to me. Using a brush head that’s too rough for your skin can be disastrous, or so I’ve read. Potential bacteria build up, (clean properly and soak heads in alcohol).

About reviewer (223 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBrown

3.0
from

2 years ago

Had this for several years now, but hadn’t used it for a long time. Rediscovering it has been good. I've been using it with Cerave's Hydrating Facial Cleanser, which has worked well through the Minnesota winter. It removes makeup and seems to make treatment products, such as glycolic acids and moisturizers, work better. I still don’t like the how the charger doesn't stay secured to the unit but, happily, it doesn't need too frequent charging. Bottom line, I'm happy to be using it again. Edit, 3/19/19: Not using. Tried the Foreo Luna Mini 2 and found it much gentler, even more effective, and, considering that there are no brush heads to replace, rather less expensive. It also holds a charge for about 5 months, using twice daily.

About reviewer (142 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I have used several types of cleansing brushes. I think this one so far is the best. I use IT CC cream makeup and it can be a bit heavy even using it sparsely. The Clarisonic takes it all off! I f/u with a pad with a bit of witch hazel and the pad is completely clean! I have a 30 day trial on this and think i will keep it as i got it with a year of brushes for 99 bucks. It is pricey but i believe it's worth it.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Brilliant product, I would say this is the best thing I have brought for my face. Mine is about 5 years old now and I purchased it when I was 33. My skin was going haywire then due to hormones etc. Now my skin is the best it’s ever been. This is due to using the Clarisonic once or twice daily with dove sensitive soap. I then before my skin totally dries slave on some coconut oil and some shea butter (but avoid my eyes). Then every other night I use 0.5 Retin A cream. This bar sunscreen and makeup are the only things in my routine. People compliment me on my skin all the time, smaller pores, even tone, great texture. Can’t fault this thing go buy one!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

2 years ago

recently i buy this device because i'm so into whole skincare regime lately at first i want to buy the cheaper one from olay, neutrogena, minisoo, and some local brush that available in my country however, knowing how in the end i will save my money to try this, i end up buy this honestly, i was very skeptical about the whole cleansing brush stuff it's been a month, i think i love this device, it does a great job on my skin i don't use it everyday, only 3x/week sometimes i will just use it whenever i feel so lazy to clean my whole makeup (but eye area still with oil cleanser) i use the sensitive brush one, i was wondering if the brush really does different job on each brush? but i think it's enough for my skin with the sensitive one got myself the white one, as for packaging i love it it's cute charge-able (which i really love) water resistant i think it's a good investment for your skin if you really want it, but not so necessary

About reviewer (117 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Oh how much I love this one! For the first month of use nothing really happened but I kept on anyway. So glad I did. I really think one should start easy with it as breaking out from it is a true thing. For the whole first month I used it once daily, usually in the evening. Red pimples and mild breakouts did occur but nothing severe or uncontrollable. And then one day....boom...baby soft skin! So ever since I began using it twice daily and...wow...skin that I never ever had before. Even skin tone, clear pores ALL the time, plump soft cheeks...LOVE By the way, I don't remove makeup with it. The Mia2 has a very handy timer that helps you not overdo it in any area. I really like this function. My routine (in case anyone is interested): Morning: I clean my face mostly with the mild Avene soap bar and I use the mia2 for one minute. Those pesky hormonal monthly days I will use a cleanser with salicylic acid. Then I spray my face with Eau Thermal Water by Avene. Then sometimes I will put Paula's Choice 2%BHA. Then my moisturizer and eye cream. Finally I either put on makeup or Sunscreen with color or just sunscreen. Thanks to mia2, makeup days are rarer nowadays. Evening: If I have makeup on, I will first remove it with a mix of olive + castor oil and a warm wet cloth. Then I will cleanse with the Avene soap and the mia2. Then the Avene Eau Thermale Water. Then I will put on my night cream. Sometimes beforehand I may use Bio Oil because I love it so much. And once a week I will do an AHA treatment from the Paula's Choice treatments. Daily in the shower: I use it on the KP on my upper arms along with a scrub that contains salicylic acid. Then afterwards I moisturize these areas with an AHA product. It hasn't gone away but the skin is smoother and not red anymore so I'll keep on using it. After every use I will clean the brush with pure olive oil soap (or castile soap) and the whole apparatus with water and will let them air dry. Once a week I will sanitize the brush in Peroxide Hydrogen. I've been using it for almost 2 months now and I only had to charge it once for a whole 24-hour period. It can be used in the shower which is very handy. All in all a great buy that I highly recommend.

About reviewer (166 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

2 years ago

I purchased this 3 years ago at age 27 on the Champs Elysees. I was surprised by the price but purchased it anyway. It has turned out to be so useful! I have noticed a much more significant need to manually exfoliate since turning 30, and while it is sometimes fun to whip up a brown sugar or fruit scrub, this does the job extremely well and cleanses at the same time. I don't use it daily, maybe 2x per week, but it makes and massive and immediate difference. Will keep it around!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I had the Mia a long time ago, and it eventually pooped out (it wouldn't charge any more. The charger for the original Mia was so problematic.) Once the previous one died, I got the Mia 2 since it seemed like a pretty big upgrade. First of all, I do like the charging dock versus the magnetic charger pod thing of the original Mia. Performance wise they both do basically the same thing, but the Mia 2 has a couple of extra settings that let you customize a little more. I only use this in the morning with a gentle or sensitive brush head, and it gives some light exfoliation and really sets the stage for putting on skincare and makeup. I have used it at night too after removing makeup, but I prefer it in the AM. I feel like it really keeps my skin healthy and makes a difference long-term, allowing my skincare to work better.

About reviewer (564 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I own the Mia and found the Mia2 on sale and since my Mia was so old I thought a new one would be good to have. Also I was interested in the 2 speeds and the timer. Well I really like this system a lot. I love how well this cleans my skin, also at 37 I'm all about wrinkle prevention and I swear this keeps my skin looking so good! Also I had suffered from acne for years and I do credit this with helping to keep my skin clear. I also like how well my serums absorb especially my Vitamin C products and I also use retinoids and this keeps peeling to almost non existent for me. It has also made the PIH I get from a pimple go away so much faster! My skin is so soft and smooth and my makeup goes on so easy. I also credit this with helping the tone and texture of my skin. Plus I really do believe that this cleans my skin so much better than just washing it alone. My pores are so clean and practically invisible I have no fine lines either. The travel case looks kinda cheap but I still will use it for travel. I like the delicate brush head and the deep cleansing one as well. But what I really love is how good my skin looks. It's clear, even toned, and acne free so I really am happy with this product. I just use mine on universal speed I use the delicate speed when my skin needs it as I have combination skin oily in the warmer months and dry in the colder months. This I feel has made my skin just behave and look so much better. I have been using my Clarisonic for over 5 years now and I personally am a believer in that it cleanses my skin better, helps the texture, keeps my pores clean, and I have barely any breakouts and if I do it's just one spot when it's that time of the month. I really couldn't be happier with a product and to me it's worth the investment as in my case it really has transformed my skin for the better. Recommended.

About reviewer (912 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

3 years ago

Bought a Mia2; then an AlphaFit just for portability sake. For the price you pay it didn't do much. Sensitive head breaks me out. Cashmere head does nothing and Radiance head occasionally breaks me out too. Hence I switched over to the Foreo Luna. Using the Clarisonic only once a week for now prior to deep clean/peel routine once a week. Simply too abrasive.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29