Clarisonic Mia2

Mia2Mia2Mia2

4.1

on 12/3/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this and the original Clarisonic. They work extremely well at thoroughly cleansing your face. The previous reviewer stated that their brush was difficult to clean and that the base was covered in black goo when removing to replace the brush. If you have this, please don't leave it on the handle after cleansing. This brush needs air to dry properly and removing the brush from the handle, washing the brush and letting it air dry off the base is the proper way to care for this product. The only time I had anything that looked like mold was with a new brush head that had a label over the clear plastic brush protector. The label was supposed to be a convenient way to write the date so you would know when to change the brush head. All it did was cover the vent holes and impeded proper drying. I have never used the Clarisonic to remove makeup, so I have never had a problem washing the brush. I use makeup remover wipes then use the Clarisonic to make sure my skin is thoroughly cleansed. When you pay this much for a product, you need to take proper care of it in order to be happy.

on 12/2/2016 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I realize that almost everyone seems to love this product and I have to admit that I actually used it religiously every day for years. However, I always had problems cleaning the brush head after using it and after a while, I realized that since I could not adequately clean it after every use, in essence, the longer and longer I used the Clarisonic during the brush head's three month life span, the more I was actually using a dirty brush head to "clean" my face. The last time when it was time to change to a new brush head, on removing the old one from the unit, the head base was completely covered in black sticky goo. The idea of washing my face with a brush head hiding this sticky dirty goo made me sick. I immediately threw out the whole system and have switched to the Foreo. I like this so much better as I do not have to spend money on replacement brush heads and after washing my face, a little soap and a swish with a soft tooth brush and the unit is clean.

To Read all 259 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/23/2016 10:47:00 PM

I am so, so disappointed with the Clarisonic Mia 2! The device was sooo harsh on my skin. I used the acne brush and the cashmere brush, and both really hurt my face. The cashmere one, which is supposed to be extremely gentle, spiked up when it got wet and the acne one was just very harsh. The Clarisonic is basically an overpriced exfoliator. The purging period that Clarisonic talks about is NOT NORMAL. Your face should not break out from skincare products/devices (unless it's acne medication or something). Your face breaking out means it's irritated because the Clarisonic is a harsh exfoliator!! Overall, I definitely would not recommend this to anyone. I'm looking into the Foreo right now.

on 10/27/2016 6:26:00 PM

This dehydrated my skin out badly. Will not use again.. I used the Luxe Cashmere brush head. Still didn't work. Very disappointed. Left my skin with a very uneven texture and my nose was stinging/burning after I applied my face creams only after one use. I used it ONLY twice and gave up. Didn't like it. A friend of mine is getting it for Christmas. All I can say is good luck and I hope she has a better experience than I had.

About 4 years ago my skin all of a sudden started to break out like CRAZY. Every day 3-5 new pimples. It was strange- I was in my early 20s, and I've never had any problems with my skin before, even as a teenager. I've always had (and still do) have allergy prone, combination skin with large pores. But no crazy breakouts until then.
So I started to experiment with various products and routines- 7 out of 10 products have caused allergic reaction, and nothing helped. I decided to splurge and buy Mia 2, which was all the rage back then.
I've always paid a big attention to properly removing my makeup. I double cleansed, used good, non-comedogenic moisturizers and exfoliators. I wanted my skin to be CLEAN at the end of the day.
I've tried Mia 2 with sensitive brush head, it didn't make any difference, so I switched to deep pore head. At first it resulted in worst breakout in years. I thought it's the "purge" phase and it will pass, but I've been breaking out badly for 2 months and finally I figured out it doesn't help either. My skin was cleansed nicely, but new breakouts still appeared.
Finally I decided to start taking isotretinoin. It was an extreme solution, but I was desperate because my confidence was very low seeing my poor skin every day (full coverage foundation was a must).
Just before I started my therapy, I stumbled upon an article about how much impact YOUR DIET has on your skin. There were a lot of comments from people who have been suffering from breakouts until they stopped drinking milk (or eating dairy).
This article was the best thing that happened to me in years!
At first I decided to CUT OUT MILK from my diet.
And voila- in about 10 months my skin has CLEARED UP- completely. No pimple- just gorgeous, smooth skin I've missed for so long!
Plus, I discovered that my "acne" was caused by an allergic reaction to milk containing lactose! So the only thing I've had to do is switch to lactose free milk (lucky me, I hated soy milk).

TL;DR- Mia is a nice little tool for deep cleansing- if it won't work for you and you'll keep breaking out, do an allergy test, "look on your plate"- no fancy skincare will help if what you eat (or drink) products that your skin doesn't like.

on 9/5/2016 11:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I just don't know how I feel about this. I mean it does exfoliate but I don't really feel like it's worth the price. My skin seems to feel the same if not better with a standard scrub. This facial brush looks and feels fancy and luxurious to use but I've owned it for almost 2 years and I never reach for it. I have both the sensitive brush head and the cashmere one and I just can't be bothered to use either often enough to justify the price. Would not repurchase.

Cost: $169.00 USD

Okay, now I know everyone loves this product. I just want to be completely honest with my experience with it so hopefully what happened to me doesn't happen to anyone else. I was skeptical about purchasing this cause of the price. After thinking it over for about half a year I finally caved in and purchased one in the really cute Hot Pink color.

I have sensitive skin, always have. I have a fair/medium complexion, hardly get pimples (except for the one that might pop up at that time of the month...), no visible enlarged pores or anything. The reason I decided to get the tool was because my brother and I started getting skin problems (pimples, skin started getting oily) once we moved here to the US, and I have never had a facial in my life. So a friend of ours suggested this tool saying it would save us time and money and that it would be basically be the best investment we ever made, I even went to a professional and asked if it was worth it, which they said if used properly it would be great for my skin since I probably haven't had a really deep cleaning done to my face.

Okay so, I buy it. First time I use it, wow! My skin looks like its glowing, I can see when I use my toner there isn't even any dirt after. So I am thinking great right? Wrong. After using it for only three days, my skin started to feel wrong. And it started to look bad. But I figured since I was told my skin would go through a 'purging' I figured it was only normal since my skin was getting rid of all this gunk underneath. I stuck with it for a month, my face looked so horrible. Just break out after break out. Then it started to subside somewhat, so I was thinking that my skin would start to look awesome. Wrong again. So yes, no more breakouts, but then my nose started getting blackheads which I have never gotten before. The person I spoke to regarding it told me to stick with it for another month. I did. Nothing helped. I stopped using it completely and my skin healed up. But from using this tool (which I did not use everyday twice a day, that's too much even if they tell you its safe...), my pores are now HUGE, I got broken capillaries, the pores on my nose were now huge and I get blackheads. Basically it was the worst thing I ever did to my skin.

Now that I got my face to heal and got things back to normal. I am not saying do not purchase this, by no means. My brother and I both got one and it works well for him. It all depends on your skin, if you have good skin, YOU DON'T NEED THIS TOOL. Exfoliate another way that is less traumatizing to your skin. Its true most of those who try it experience break outs cause it brings all the dirt and things underneath your skin to the surface, but if you have given it a good two months or so and your skin doesn't improve, time to get the receipt and return it.

And also if it works great for you then awesome but limit how many times you use it within a week. Exfoliating your skin is something that is good, in limitation. Also if you experienced the same thing as me and want ways to undo it let me know. Perhaps I can help. I really wanted this to work for me but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Will never purchase again.

on 8/2/2016 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I've only been using this for 3 weeks so I will update after a few proper months of use but I thought I'd give my inital review.

First off, is this a must have? No. If you love skincare and can afford the product, go for it! If you can't afford it, opt for a washcloth or a mamual face brush. I would not recommend opting for cheaper electrnic brushes that have spinning heads. And if you're thinking of buying something like the clinique sonic brush, I'd save up and go for the original because they do it best (I got my Mia at Sephora for $150).

Now, onto the review itself. I really like this brush! I have pretty decent skin but I'm very prone to clogged pores which lead to breakouts which lead to hyperpigmentation on my brown skin. It's only been 3 weeks but I am having a clearer skin phase which I credit to the clairsonic.

My usage:
I use it more than most people. I use it everyday, twice a day. I also use it for longer than the recommended minute, I use it for about a minute and a half. I like to give a little extra attention to my cheeks than the inbuilt timing grants. I'd say try to figure out what works best for you. I use the sensitive brush head and don't plan on switching from it. It's defintiely sturdy enough to give a good clean.
I currently use the Nude Cleansing Wash. I hevan't reviewed it yet but I do really like it. It's a gentle gel cleanser hat doesn't dry my skin out.
Addiitonally, before using the mia, I remove my makeup with bioderma and/or an oil cleanser (depends on how long wearing my foundation is).
After using the brush, I was the brush head with regular hand soap that's much harsher than my facewash. I remove the brush ehad from the body and leave both out the dry. I haven't done any proper santiizing yet but I might give it a shot later.
Oh, I know some people have purging phases, that sounds completely upside down to me. If you're breaking out because of the clarisonic, you may be using too harsh a brush head, using it too often, or pressing too hard, i.e. overexfoliaiting. And maybe, it's just not for you. There isn't anything to suggest that the brush, or anything in skincare, should make you "purge."

Note on the battery charge: I haven't charges this since the first week that I bought this. So I've definitely used this more than a total of 20 times, so the battery is overperforming right now which I'm very pleased with. I do use it on the sensitive speed so that might be helpful with extending the performance.
The clarisonic brishes should have Li-ion batteries and shouldn't have any memory effect, so you needn't worry about recharging the batteries too often. Plug it in every night if you'd like. If it has NiCd batteries, well, that'd be odd.

In the end, I'm really enjoying using this brugs. I'm very surprsied by how much I like it. I've been using manual brushes and washcloths for years and was happy with the results. I figured this would be an expensive mistake but I've been proved wrong. It really does seem to be helping with the condition of my skin in preventing breakouts and lightly exfoliating away flakiness. Give it a try if you're interested and have the money!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Pros:
- easy to travel
- helps with flaking skin, pigmentation
- detachable brush head (for deep cleansing around nose & fast drying)
- variety of brush heads

Cons:
- expensive (machine & brush head)
- purging/breakout (for some)
- hasn't helped with blackhead problem

Used to use brown sugar for scrubbing but it attracts too much ants and can get messy sometimes.

I do get flaking dry skin from post-acne scars and retin-a sometimes. The Mia2 really does exfoliate nicely and gently. Unfortunately for me I got some pretty nasty and painful big and small bumps after 2 weeks of using the Mia2. I must clarify that I'm not entirely sure if the bumps were caused by the Clarisonic or pms.

I use this with a gel cleanser and it cleans pretty well without over drying my skin. Started with 3 times a week the first two weeks, then every other night in the next two weeks as well. I can see some of my previous scars and hyperpigmentation fading away faster. This hasn't gotten rid of those pesky black heads I'm having trouble with. But then again I am still using the sensitive brush head. Maybe if I switch to the deep pore it'll help in that area.

Will update soon.

Update: once i changed to the radiance brush head I can fully enjoy this tool. It's great now. My acne scars fade a lot faster now. The sensitive brush head is absolutely rubbish for my face. It scratches me every single dang time!!!! But the radiance brush head is soft enough for everyday use. For some the radiance brush might be a bit too soft but i like it.

5 star review

My skin is combination and I get the occasional hormonal spot.
This product alongside Sisley Cleansing milk with sage is my two best products for fantastic skin. Huge investment but they work!

How to use- firstly I purchased the deep pore cleansing brushes which I sterilised first and rinsed well for first use!
Wet the brush of the clarisonic and use on damp skin. I actually only use the middle of the deep pore cleanser brush I saw this tip on YouTube it means the brush head is smaller but perfect for nose and chin to get into those harder to reach areas. Just hold around the outside of the brush and twist and it should come off.
Use a small amount of Sisley cleanser with sage- about a finger nail amount.
Use on all zones of the skin for directed time. Rinse thoroughly face and wash and rinse brush after each use and allow to dry. Follow after patting skin dry with Sisley floral toner and then Sisley moisturiser with cucumber and apply spf on top!

Cleaning- it's important to change brushes regularly!
Use baby sterilising tablets to clean brush and brush head. Fill bowl with hot water add sterilising tablet and remove brush head completely place into bowl alongside the brush handle to clean underneath brush head. Leave for approx 30minutes.
This is the easiest and safest way to clean your brush and brush head and to minimise germs/bacteria. I do this 2-3 times a week.
You can not use this and not sterilise this brush head as if you are using twice a day it will remain damp and harbour germs.
Sterilising tablets can be brought at supermarket and chemist. This is one of my biggest tips for this to work effectively and stop you breaking out in spots!!!

Brush heads- I use the deep pore brush heads and remove the outer brush leaving just the middle this works well for nose and chin area. Make sure to wash and rinse brush head after each use- I just wash with carex antibacterial hand wash the brush head after each use then rinse thoroughly. Do Not use the hand wash on the brush to wash your face this is only to kill germs after use! I steralise the brush and brush head each week- 2-3 times a week in baby sterilising tablets making sure to remove brush head completely and submerging the brush handle as well in the bowl of water and solution.
Please remember to wash/clean brush after each use and allow to dry and to sterilise each week! This prevents spots/ infections!

Travel case- comes with a handy travel case which I also sterilise before and after I've been away to keep clean and also I place the brush inside to keep clean. Never leave brush in bathroom of hotel where cleaners may be going into room and may interfere with it or try it. Don't mean to sound negative but you hear horror stories of people using toothbrushes to clean etc. Don't take the risk just place in container out of site after use! Can even take sterilising tablets with you and place in hot water solution when away.

Tips- as mentioned use deep pore brush heads, clean after use with antibacterial handwash the head of brush, sterilise each week 2-3 times a week in baby sterilising solution, remove outer brush for best use!

The reason people say this dries skin is because they use the wrong products!!!
Do not use with cheap products or scrubs with grains in, best used with milky cleanser and the best for combination skin- Sisley cleanser with sage- see my separate review for that.
This is non-drying and means can use twice a day no drying of skin, no taut feeling, no rough patches just soft and clear skin.
For hormonal acne- course of accupuncture worked within 3-6 months around my menstural cycle to rebalance hormones and eradicate cystic inflamed/red hormonal spots under the surface of skin. Find reputable therapist for this and check regulated!
Accupuncture, clarisonic, Sisley cleanser with sage, Sisley floral toner and Sisley moisturiser with cucumber are my holy grails for perfect skin alongside drinking up to 3 litres of water, fruit/veg and no junk food and reduce sugar!

This works!! Please use appropriate cleanser and avoid the negative feedback some give for stripping the skin of moisture this doesn't happen with the right products!

Expensive but it works- clear, soft skin! 🌟

Popular Misc Beauty Tools