CND Speedey Daily-Defense Top Coat

No Image

2.0

on 3/14/2017 1:53:00 PM

I'm fairly certain this top coat has been discontinued. There's not much information out there about it, and also the previous reviews are pretty old. I found it on the clearance rack at Ulta, and it was only $2.97. So I figured I'd give it a try.

CND's Speedey Daily Defense Top Coat is supposed to be a fast-dry top coat. Hah! It makes my polish dry only slightly faster than it would on its own. There are better fast-dry's out there. INM Out the Door or even Sally Hansen Insta-Dri will give quicker results than this. And it causes shrinkage. Big time. When it dries, it pulls the polish away from the edges in the most severe way.

It's nice and shiny and it helps to chip-proof my mani. But that's pretty standard. There's nothing special about it overall, in fact it's kind of crappy. I wouldn't buy it again. Even for $2.97

on 3/9/2012 6:33:00 PM

This is a review of the CND Speedey Daily-Defence Top Coat. I purchased the product at a high-end hair salon and spa in March 2012. I can't remember the price, but I am sure it was pretty expensive. I never heard of CND before. I generally use OPI or drugstore nail products. Overall, I have to say that this product is nothing special. I won't buy it again. It has a strong smell similar to cheaper nail polish, which I don't like it. However, it does provide a really nice shine and dries very quickly. I have had no problems with nail polish chipping, but I usually don't anyway.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is entirely too expensive for what it is. At $8.50 I expect a lot from a nail polish, even just a topcoat. What I consider a Top Coat is a product that is supposed to protect your nails and prolong the wear of your polish. The CND Speedy offers absolutely *no* protection for my nails whatsoever. I think this actually decreased the wear time that I usually get out of a normal polish. When I tried to use this as my only top coat, my nails began chipping at the tips that same night. I don't have particularly long nails at all (they barely meet the tips of my fingers), so it's not like they take a lot of abuse or anything. But for a top coat to fail so badly that my nails start chipping less than a day after I've done them, that's bad. My $4 Revlon topcoat performs better than that.

The only reason I've given this a 2 instead of a 1 is that it really does dry incredibly fast--and dries the polish underneath, as well. I'm talking like 60 seconds or less. So what I've taken to doing, just in the interest of using the entire bottle, is using my Revlon Clear Coat first and then swiping this overtop so that my nails will be dry within a minute. That's really the only thing it's good for, and it works well at that. But as for buying it again? Definitely not. I'd rather spend the extra few minutes waiting for my nails to dry than shell out $9 for something like this.

Not worth it at all.