Juliette has a Gun Vengeance Extreme

No Image

3.7

on 4/25/2017 4:52:00 PM

Sexy rose, patchouli and incense heaven. I can't reach for anything else. I wish it was easier to find. Sephora only carries regular lady vengeance which is focused more on the rose note. Whereas vengeance extreme is more about the patchouli.

Anyway for lady vengeance the rose is a little sour on me. Then becomes too powdery. And longevity is also not as strong.

Vengeance extreme is just perfection. Perfect balance of rose and patchouli. With gothy incense and lavender shining through. I literally crave this perfume. Hope sephora starts carrying it because I feel like they did at one point.

on 9/4/2015 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Lady Vengeance on steroids! Whoo-hoo! Replaced my empty LV with this. Yes, I'm into strong, in-your-face fragrances and adore rose/patchouli. Other rose/patches of mine are L'Artisan Voleur de Roses, Guerlain Rose Barbare, Guerlain Idylle Rose Patchouli, and I'm sure I have more. Strongly suggest these if you love Lady Vengeance/Vengeance Extreme.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got the 2ml sample in my discovery kit...boy am I glad I did that. This was sadly my least favourite scent. It started out with a punch and quickly left with a fizzle, much like a disappointing firework. I immediately had a sense of familiarity when I sniffed the dry down...I cringed... T.Mugler is exactly what this smelled like and Lady V smells more so than this one. That chocolate, slightly herbal heady scent knocked me back! So those 2 vials are certainly up for swap.

on 8/17/2012 3:54:00 PM

Seriously sexy perfume.

It is very strong, so definitely a nighttime treat. In fact, it is so strong that for the first couple of minutes you might get dizzy - it starts with very sharp and almost shockingly untamed top notes, but just wait -it keeps its full beauty for lower layers. As the time progresses, it dewelops into a seductive, distinctive perfume impossible to ignore. Definitely not for the shy types, because this perfume will get you noticed - I have never been complimented this much for a perfume before. It is extremely long lasting and as the hours pass it just keeps revealing new, surprising leyers.

I love the bottle, although it is not suitable for travel (I can't imagine what would happen if it broke in the suitcase-it would probably take months of washing to remove a scent this strong from my things), but the heavy, dark glass bottle definitely adds to the ritual of applying it.

My favorite thing with this perfume is- the morning after. You wake up with its subtle, sexy smokey-sweet hints on your hair and on your pillow- the experience after which returning to commercial perfumes seems like a giant step backward.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Juliette Has a Gun's fragrances tend to either be absolutely amazing to me (Lady Vengeance and Midnight Oud) or completely lackluster (pretty much everything else). Lady Vengeance is my go-to rose scent, and also my go-to strong & confident scent. I think it's such an interesting mix of classy, cool, confident, and a bit naughty. I wanted Vengeance Extreme to be a darker, harder, more animalic version of Lady Vengeance. And it just isn't.
I can't really pick out the rose in this, though it does have a vague, slightly sour, perfumey floral undertone to it. It's mostly patchouli and a clean, very powdery musk on me. Dries down to a scent like clean skin, baby powder, and a hint of patchouli. I find it boring to the extreme. It doesn't even begin to compare to Lady Vengeance for me, and there are so many companies that have done better and more complex blends centered around patchouli (Reminiscence and Thierry Mugler being my favorites).

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Extremely well crafted, elegant floral chypre. Rose, patchouli and vanilla are the main notes. Opens on a carnal rose and proceeds with spices and deep notes of carnation (at least to my nose) and some animalic note (could it be civet?). The base is oakmoss with something like aoud. Grand.
This is an important perfume for a passionate and sensual woman, it has a faint trail of tragedy and drama in it.
Very, very interesting and for grown-ups, I'd recommend this one for evening wear.
Reminds me a lot of La Perla (original).
Well worth a try.