The Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter

The Body Shop Chocomania Body Butter

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Smells lovely but doesn't absorb very well.

ooo, this butter is to die for! I love the scent, it's a true sweet chocolate scent. it moisturises fairly. I regret that this was a limited edition. I stocked up the entire range. There's just one thing, my 5 year old son doesn't like chocolate, so whenever I use this, he refuses to come near me! :-D

on 8/27/2015 9:06:00 AM

Unfortunately I bought this up in quantity. I don't mind the scent at all. My issue is that I leave grease trails everywhere I go when I wear it. I like how nice and moisturizing it is but it doesn't appear to absorb into the skin but rather sit on top of it like a layer. Gosh forbid you sweat after application... greasy mess. I wish I liked this more as I have a ton of it left but I'll be looking for alternative uses or tossing.

on 5/7/2015 8:49:00 PM

I understand this isn't a complete food scent, and I also have a lot of experience with The Body Shop's Body Butters. I can see why there's a negative aura around this.
First, it does have a chocolate note, but not a huge sugar note, so more of a raw chocolate. It's texture is typical of most of TBS' body butters - they're like buttah.
Goes on smooth, scent absorbs and doesn't leave a heavy smell behind, but the moisture doesn't disappear with the scent. The moisture takes more time to work in. The best use I've found for TBS Body Butter was after a shower, especially after a shave. Worked from neck to toes, you end up feeling like a silky little bon bon and sweet dreams are sure to be along soon.
Yes its pricey, and it can be had in expensive pockets. I say its worth it. I paid too much, but I will have that body butter for literally years and enjoy every gently scented, creamy moment of it.

on 1/20/2015 8:45:00 AM

not the biggest fan of the smell. however, it does a pretty good job in moisturizing. my skin stays smooth and soft for the next couple of days after applying. glad it didn't irritate my sensitive skin. overall, good product but won't repurchase since there are a lot more products which do the same job or even better at lower prices.

Smells really nice and it feels like it moisturize the skin!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Chocomania Body Butter from The Body Shop is delicious—it seriously is “decadently chocolatey” & even though it does smell like German chocolate cake, I can smell the cocoa butter (I can't stand it) & shea butter almost as much as I can smell the chocolate. This body butter truly does last 48 hours & the extra long-lasting hydration is amazing now that it's winter & I need it. It absorbed quickly into my skin & felt really greasy, but it did feel good after it sank in. If your skin gets dry & you’re like me & don’t like putting lotion on every single day, I recommend.

I picked this up when I was on holiday in London last year. It wasn't as moisturising as I hoped it would be.

on 7/29/2014 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm a great fan of the Body Shop body butters and usually I get the Vanilla limited edition at Christmas ( and in the sales). When I got the chocolate one I was really excited. I quickly smelled it in the shop I thought it was ok but maybe a bit off because people put their fingers in and was not kept in the most hygienical conditions. Well, mine at home smelled just the same. Not real chocolate but plastic chocolate, really sickening and weird. The formula is ok, thick, hydrating, but I wouldn't say it smells like your Lindt Easter Egg.

THIS IS NY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE SCENT FROM THE BODY SHOP! I'm soooooo disappointed it is being discontinued:( However, because it is being discontinued it is cheaper than ever! Body butter and body scrub is $10 each instead of $20, perfume is $7-$8, lip butter is $2-$3 and sets are half off! I love this sale I've saved like $60 buying this on sale! But now to the actual review of the product! I love this is is super creamy and sweet and it's just awesome!