L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing

3.6

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Esters, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance, Quaternium 87, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Citric Acid, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Caramel, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Triethanolamine

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried this along with the conditioner because I wanted to go sulfate-free with my hair products.

Pros:
- Lathers really well
- Smells nice
- Cheap and affordable (10.99 CAD for 250 mL)

Cons:
- The clear plastic lid packaging was nice, but the new one is hard to close sometimes
- Dried out my hair
- I know shedding is normal, but this made me lose tons of hair and they were coming out in clumps
- This did not rinse out properly no matter how hard I tried to rinse it out, and left a lot of residue on my scalp

Despite the nice lather, it does not rinse very well. No matter how long I stayed in the shower to rinse my hair out, there would still be a ton of residue on my roots. And ironically, this "intense nourishing" shampoo did not nourish my hair at all, and did not "return lost moisture" like its claims. I've used it for a week and my hair looked dry, straw-like and even frizzier. I believe it stripped moisture from my hair if anything.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This shampoo is luxuriously moisturizing and dirt cheap, so I've bought it multiple times. The lather is incredibly softening - so softening that I forgo conditioner when I use this. Keep in mind my hair is not color treated and I heat style it maybe once monthly. And it smells heavenly, almost like the warm vanilla sugar scent from Bath and Body Works.

To Read all 65 Reviews, Login or Join

I often binge on loreal products at the store because keratase and loreal are sister companies. I bought the conditioner which is a good hydrator to avoid protein overload but since ive been trying to lighten my hair gradually to a level 9-10 i need a repairing conditioner now. I went out on a limb and bought the shampoo even though it doesnt have any protein but the ingredients list peeked me out to try it.
The first ingredient is water of course the second is, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate a sodium salt ester, or a fatty acid derived from coconut oil.
Third is sodium lauryl sulfoacetate which freaked me but i found this in slsfree.net!!!
How Does it Compare to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
The two ingredients look and sound very similar. Often when people see SLSA on their shampoo label they cringe. They took all the precautions to avoid buying a shampoo containing Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and now they find that they have a shampoo with SLSA in it. Which to some sounds even worse, but there is good news. Unlike SLS, SLSA is completely safe for most skin types, including sensitive skin. It removes oils and bacteria without irritating the skin. What throws people off when they look at these two ingredients is the first two words being identical, and from there it’s assumed that they must be very similar.
The next is similar sodiums to SLSA which are suppose to be gentle and safe for all skin types also. Then the ninth ingredients is amdimethicone which my hair responds good to some silicones but not too much. Most shampoos and conditioners at the drugstores are loaded with multiple types of silicons that just create icky build up and waste your money.
Tenth is coconut acid which provide latic acids for hydrating and repairing effect. Toward the end of the list there is camelina seed oil, apricot oil, vitis vinifera seed oil, and grape seed oil. Which is nice you dont see to many oils in lower end shampoos, i believe the coconut oils and other oils provide a good nourshing effect. Ive tired alot of paul mitchell shampoos that use alot of natural oil like the tea tree, and super rich and i this shampoo is better at preventing getting your hair tangled up while shampooing which for me suck my hair gets so tangly.period. I noticed it was really gentle but didnt strip my hair. The lather is rich and smells heavenly i really like the fragance. Ive only used this a couple time im crossing my fingers that it doesnt build up but it seems promising. This could totally pass for high end shampoo it really is nourshing. Left my hair really clean too and i always use conditioner on my roots. this proves you can have a vegan, paraben free shampoo that actually works damn good for eight dollars.i like to save up for nice masques and treatments to help rebuild my hair.
I have been buying shampoos and conditioners that are concendrated in the tubes, and they last longer than the usual sodium shampoo bottles. They are easy to squeeze and close and get all the product out. My bigger pet peeve is when your forced to waste the last bit of product.
Overall im super happy and will update if i have any changes i might even wash with just this shampoo to see how effective this is. So far for now i cant stop touching my hair its so soft.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

1 lippie off for packaging coz this is hard to open (& to make it "shut" it has to make a snap noise or it's not shut ...bonus it makes the noise but boo that it's hard to accomplish w fake nails!); this was rec'd to me by a Facebook friend so I ordered it blind from Ulta.com w the matching condish sooo-o glad I was rec'd this coz it is amazing!! Rich frothy lather which i tots was not expecting w going in knowing its sulfate-free & smells like Body Fantasy Vanilla Fantasy which is another perk since vanilla is my fave scent of all time! Makes my hair (2C, dry damaged porous ends virgin regrowth oily scalp//wash 4-5 days) very soft & easy to flat iron. I was surprised how rich this is, I did not know there is the non-intensive nourishing line but my hair drinks it all up. Very impressive duo! If u get the shampoo def get the condish if ur anything like my hair it will slurp it right up & be thanking u for all the good-for-u ingredients. I heard this can also make it fall out less & possibly grow! I also rotate w Mane&Tail S/C & Queen Helene Cholesterol. I am a bit of a product snob when I can afford to be but that is changing w so many good DS options. Still prefer HE styling products when I can indulge in a sale but I hate seeing HE shampoo swirling down the drain in my shower lol.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm giving this shampoo 4 lipsticks for now and if it continues to work for me, I'll upgrade to 5 lipsticks.
At last, I think I've found my holy grail of shampoos after an extensive (and costly) search.

My requirements are no small order:
sulfate free (for my professionally colour treated hair & sensitive scalp)
doesn't leave my hair feeling dry
no build up
generous amount of product
isn't outrageously expensive

I took advantage of a sale on L'Oreal Everpure hair care products and got this shampoo and I'm so glad I did. It does have a rich texture and I've found the key is to rinse really well. If I do this, my hair feels wonderfully clean without feeling parched or having that greasy feeling.

The best thing is that there are always sales for drugstore products and I'm not paying big dollars for something that's literally going down the drain. I say this because I've bought hair care stuff from high end brands like Pureology and I wasn't all that impressed so it was essentially money going down the drain.

Of course my hairdresser will say otherwise, but as long as this shampoo works for me, it will be a staple in my shower.

EDIT to add:
I've downgraded my review to 3.5 lipsticks. It's still a good shampoo but a tad bit too heavy for my hair. It would work well for seriously chemically treated hair or very dry hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This shampoo made my 3b fine curly hair incredibly dry and poofy. Also, it has an odd, very strong, not-pleasant scent - I guess I'd describe it as aggressively soapy.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm always on the look out for good shampoos, as my hair, for some reason, is always really dry and stripped feeling after I shampoo it - I mean like "conditioner doesn't really help, the texture is lifeless/too straight".

PROS: Well it's silicone and protein free, and easy to find.

CONS: The first couple of uses, I felt like it was working ok. After that, nope. It doesn't feel harsh, but my hair still acts the same - when I rinse out, it squeaks and feels like too much has been taken away. Is it also possible for shampoo to weigh your hair down? I feel like cumulatively, it's not good for texture.

I have thick, wavy-curly 2b hair that tends to be dry. This shampoo made my hair the frizziest it has ever been in my life, unmanageable, clumpy, and oily at the roots where I applied the shampoo. I tried it for 2 weeks, and after having the worst hair days of frizzy/oily hair, realized that this shampoo is not right for my hair type.
I bought Neutrogena shampoo anti-residue and it instantly turned my hair back to normal, nice and shiny waves.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I think this may be my first review on shampoo and yes it's that good. This creamy formula doesn't create a lot of lather, which is fine because you don't need suds to clean hair.
What EverCreme Intense Nourishing does for my wavy, color-treated, flat ironed, parched hair is something no other shampoo, salon or drugstore has done. Softens my hair without taking away body and conditions without weighing hair down. It doesn't strip color away either.
I use a clarifying shampoo to remove build-up once in a while, (any conditioning shampoo and conditioner will do that).
Last but not least the scent, Oh my! Warm vanilla sugar and it is intoxicating. I wish it came in a body wash, and a moisturizer and...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's a good moisturizing shampoo. I have short, dark brown (dyed) overprocessed hair and when i use this shampoo my hair is softer and more manageable. I don't think it's quite as nourishing as some other shampoos i used in the past, but it does the job: you don't need a lot, it rinses well, smells kinda strong but nice, and hair is noticeably softer and dries quicker. Not HG, but very decent, and often on-sale. 4/5.

Popular Shampoos