Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica

on 11/7/2017 5:00:00 AM

I purchased this concealer based off the reviews here and I'm so glad I did! It has great coverage with a natural finish, hydrating on my dehydrated skin, doesn't accentuate fine lines and stays on all day. Love love this product and will continue to repurchase

on 10/25/2017 8:07:00 PM

I got this on no1 Ivory. Thin formula, decent coverage, does not crease, very good for highlighting under the eye area as well as other areas of the face. Blends really good. Will buy again.

on 8/24/2017 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

You know when your childhood dog dies and your mom's new dog looks eerily like your old dog?

This formula is exactly that. Same packaging, but different, cool-toned shades, and a thicker formula.

I originally used Nude, a yellow-leaning nude that worked well with my NC40 skin tone. It felt so light, that it provided light coverage, but, most importantly on my finely-lined eyes, it didn't crease.

This was not a concealer you use to cover actual dark circles; it was more of an illuminator for the undereyes and above the cheekbones.

I found myself having to replace it every 6 months, until I discovered the LA Girl HD concealer, and the Becca corrector in Papaya. When I use the corrector, any concealer I use on top, would crack and crease; it necessitated a lighter formula for my shallow, shadow-ridden orbitals (translation: I have eyes that bulge almost as much as someone with water retention and a thyroid disorder).

Finally wanting to return to this lighter concealer, I return to Target only to see that Maybelline COMPLETELY CHANGED THE SHADES. I tried the Light and it just is not the same: it creased and pulled gray.

RIP original Dream Lumi Touch.

For more coverage on my minimal makeup days, I use the LA Girl concealer in Creamy Beige. My brown circles still show, but it fades them just enough for me to not need corrector!

on 7/20/2017 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Because I have oily skin and rarely use liquid or creme foundation, I usually steer clear of anything concealer-like; it looks unnatural and/or winds up being too thick or creamy for my skin type. After reading about it on Beautypedia, I thought I'd give it a try because, at age 48, my under-eye area had really started looking, well, tired! I don't have super-dark circles, but I do have some shadow, fine lines, and puffiness. Still, I was hesitant to use anything "luminous" (again, darned oily skin), but the price was low enough that I didn't feel too guilty about the possibility of buying and not liking it.
So, the first shade I bought was Radiant. I absolutely loved the effect. My skin is fair, and the formula was sheer enough to look fine whether I wore any other makeup or not, while still totally brightening up the dark areas of my upper and lower inner corners. Furthermore, by dotting the product along the space between my cheekbones and puffy lower lids, it created just enough blurring and highlight to minimize the bags under my eyes (just be careful not to apply the Radiant color ON your puffy areas!). I looked rested.
I wondered how the less-luminous shades would work for concealing blemishes, so I bought a second tube in Ivory. Dabbing a bit strategically around the occasional blemish worked perfectly to minimize the redness without feeling the need to cover the rest of my face with foundation. A quick dusting of powder to set it, and I am good to go.
I am not exaggerating when I say that there are very few makeup products that have inspired me to repurchase. I just turned 49 and am still running to the store whenever I run out of this. I know that YSL's Touche Éclat and L'Oreal's Magic Lumi Highlighting Concealer are the same kind of product, but I see no point in shelling out more money to try them, because I am a diehard fan of Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch!

on 6/1/2017 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I got this in radiant and in honey. I use honey the most and keep it in my purse for on the go touch ups. Many times if I have dark circles from lack of sleep or I don't have time to go through my proper under eye concealer routine in the AM I will use this as a quick fix. I love that its covers good enough to look natural (not super blindingly bright Kim K strobe looking under eyes---not a fan) and you do not need a powder for it to set and not move. In a pinch I put it on in a rush out the door. Looked in the mirror 6 hours later and it stayed put, and this was during the hot summer months. Sometimes I use this to touch up my already concealed under eyes at the end of the day.

on 8/28/2017 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Formula is thick and lightweight at the same time - lightweight as in it feels like nothing, and thick as in it covers up my blemishes/eye bags really well. There's a twist on the bottom that you use to bring the concealer up into a paintbrush, which is a really unique and handy design - you still rub it in with your fingers, but I love the application. Because of that, I'd say $8 is a fitting price for this.

About a month ago I bought the Nars Radiant Creamy concealer in Vanilla. As I mention in all my concealer reviews, I have brutally bad undereye circles. I bought Nars because it has solid reviews and I wanted something good to wear on my wedding day. A week before I got married I impulsively bought Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer in Ivory.

Guess which one I wore on my wedding day?

The Maybelline.

This just goes to show that price really doesn't indicate better quality and how you can find really good budget options.

Anyways, the Maybelline has a really nice creamy but thin texture. Over time I've come to realize how important texture is in a concealer. Too thick and creamy and your concealer isn't as easy to build on, and you'll get a lot of creasing. But a texture like Maybelline Dream Lumi that's thinner but still manages to have decent coverage will sink into your skin a bit more, so it builds more easily and looks more natural. Is this concealer high coverage? No. But nothing really hides my under eye circles, and this is about as perfect a balance as I have found for coverage and brightening ability with a natural finish.

I also really like the slim tube with the built-in brush. It's the perfect packaging to stash in your bag for touch ups.

ETA: still obsessed with this concealer. When I ran out of my last tube I decided to be good and try to use up the Nars one before repurchasing, but I caved and repurchased the Dream Lumi and was again blown away by how great it is. This concealer is HG status for me now, and I have tried a LOT of concealers. Really the only draw back is the size of the tube (probably lasts me 6-8 weeks using it almost every day), but it's worth it for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to like this in 2013, but I think they reformulated it. It never dries down, it creases and transfers. I prefer LA Pro concealer to this and it has more product too.

I like that this acts as an almost color corrector under my eyes for days I feel like color correcting or just want to look more awake without wearing a full face. It doesn't have any coverage for the darkness but it knocks back the blue veins I have around my eyes and I like that. There's microglitter. I understand it's supposed to be luminising, but the glitter isn't refined enough for this, IMO, and it's spread out sparsely. It sets on its own, no need for a powder, and don't mind using it under my regular concealer if I feel like fussing with the application. Ugh, the application. It's ridiculious, you have twist forever to get any product to come out the brush tip. Then keep twisting to get enough to cover the area, but don't twist too much or you'll have have a glob of product on the brush. It layers on itself without issue, but there's no point in layering because it doesn't build. I'll probably rebuy until I convince myself to spend more money on better quality.

on 4/12/2017 5:56:00 PM

My favourite concealer. It covers my blemishes, imperfections and redness. It blends nicely on my skin and dries quickly. Excellent addition to my minimalist makeup routine. Ivory is the perfect shade for my pale skin tone and so far the only tone light enough on any brand I've tried. The price is affordable but I do feel like it runs out quite quickly.