Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica

on 4/16/2018 12:29:00 AM

This is one of those hyped products that just didn't live up to the claims. As a highlighter I found it completely useless and it also did not do a great job of concealing. I find the wind up concealers a bit frustrating as well, more gimmick than anything else. I purchased this in the lightest colour. I was hoping the thin consistency would work well on a more mature skin. I applied it with my Beauty Blender and found it just disappeared into my skin covering nothing. There is really not much else I can add to this review. There are other cheap concealers that do a better job, even the Maybelline stick concealers are superior to this.

on 4/15/2018 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My rating is based on the current version and the new colors. If they hadn;t changed them, I would give it a 3.

I've used this as a substitute for YSL Touche Eclat sometimes. Is it a dupe? No. I am convinced there is no exact dupe for Touche Eclat and I have tried so many, none are quite as good. I don't like heavy concealers under my eyes, I don't need them, no dark circles to cover, I just want something that brightens a little. However, despite the ugly, cheap packaging and the tiny amount it WAS an easy to obtain, affordable alternative. You get much less in this that the YSL, this only has .05 oz. compared to YSL 1 oz.

I liked the color Ivory, but for some bizarre reason, they changed the colors and discontinued the only nice color for me, which was Ivory. I use #2 Luminous Ivory in YSL Touche Eclat. Now Maybelline's only light color is Fair and it is very pink, not as brightening and the formula seems different. The other colors are all dark. I tried it once and took it back and exchanged it for the No7 Radiant Glow in the color very light which is okay. I did manage to find a few of the Ivory on ebay from reliable sellers, but Ivory was sold out on many of them. I guess people that used it are now stocking up on the discontinued colors since all of the news ones are awful.

I've never been a fan of Maybelline products anyway, now they discontinued the one thing I did repurchase.

on 1/21/2018 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this when I ran out of YSL Touche Éclat and balked at the price of buying a new one. I only bought it on a whim because I had heard it was a good dupe and when it comes to the eye area I think it does an excellent job. I have been using this for over a year now to cover and brighten any darkness and dark circles around my eyes and I think it performs really well. It is light and gentle and smoothes over easily and doesn’t irritate the skin and lasts all day. It also lasts for absolutely ages and as long as you take care of the brush it lasts much longer than the YSL. I use this in colour no. 2 and I used the shade 2.5 in YSL Touché Éclat, it doesn’t have quite as much yellow in but it has enough, in addition to this it doesn’t have that terrible pinkness that is in the YSL number 2 and which is super visible in daylight. As a concealer to be used for dark circles and darkness around the eye area I think this is excellent and considering it costs about a quarter of the price of YSL here in Denmark I am so pleased I tried it!

on 11/7/2017 5:00:00 AM

I purchased this concealer based off the reviews here and I'm so glad I did! It has great coverage with a natural finish, hydrating on my dehydrated skin, doesn't accentuate fine lines and stays on all day. Love love this product and will continue to repurchase

on 10/25/2017 8:07:00 PM

I got this on no1 Ivory. Thin formula, decent coverage, does not crease, very good for highlighting under the eye area as well as other areas of the face. Blends really good. Will buy again.

on 8/28/2017 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Formula is thick and lightweight at the same time - lightweight as in it feels like nothing, and thick as in it covers up my blemishes/eye bags really well. There's a twist on the bottom that you use to bring the concealer up into a paintbrush, which is a really unique and handy design - you still rub it in with your fingers, but I love the application. Because of that, I'd say $8 is a fitting price for this.

on 8/24/2017 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

You know when your childhood dog dies and your mom's new dog looks eerily like your old dog?

This formula is exactly that. Same packaging, but different, cool-toned shades, and a thicker formula.

I originally used Nude, a yellow-leaning nude that worked well with my NC40 skin tone. It felt so light, that it provided light coverage, but, most importantly on my finely-lined eyes, it didn't crease.

This was not a concealer you use to cover actual dark circles; it was more of an illuminator for the undereyes and above the cheekbones.

I found myself having to replace it every 6 months, until I discovered the LA Girl HD concealer, and the Becca corrector in Papaya. When I use the corrector, any concealer I use on top, would crack and crease; it necessitated a lighter formula for my shallow, shadow-ridden orbitals (translation: I have eyes that bulge almost as much as someone with water retention and a thyroid disorder).

Finally wanting to return to this lighter concealer, I return to Target only to see that Maybelline COMPLETELY CHANGED THE SHADES. I tried the Light and it just is not the same: it creased and pulled gray.

RIP original Dream Lumi Touch.

For more coverage on my minimal makeup days, I use the LA Girl concealer in Creamy Beige. My brown circles still show, but it fades them just enough for me to not need corrector!

on 7/20/2017 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Because I have oily skin and rarely use liquid or creme foundation, I usually steer clear of anything concealer-like; it looks unnatural and/or winds up being too thick or creamy for my skin type. After reading about it on Beautypedia, I thought I'd give it a try because, at age 48, my under-eye area had really started looking, well, tired! I don't have super-dark circles, but I do have some shadow, fine lines, and puffiness. Still, I was hesitant to use anything "luminous" (again, darned oily skin), but the price was low enough that I didn't feel too guilty about the possibility of buying and not liking it.
So, the first shade I bought was Radiant. I absolutely loved the effect. My skin is fair, and the formula was sheer enough to look fine whether I wore any other makeup or not, while still totally brightening up the dark areas of my upper and lower inner corners. Furthermore, by dotting the product along the space between my cheekbones and puffy lower lids, it created just enough blurring and highlight to minimize the bags under my eyes (just be careful not to apply the Radiant color ON your puffy areas!). I looked rested.
I wondered how the less-luminous shades would work for concealing blemishes, so I bought a second tube in Ivory. Dabbing a bit strategically around the occasional blemish worked perfectly to minimize the redness without feeling the need to cover the rest of my face with foundation. A quick dusting of powder to set it, and I am good to go.
I am not exaggerating when I say that there are very few makeup products that have inspired me to repurchase. I just turned 49 and am still running to the store whenever I run out of this. I know that YSL's Touche Éclat and L'Oreal's Magic Lumi Highlighting Concealer are the same kind of product, but I see no point in shelling out more money to try them, because I am a diehard fan of Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch!

on 6/1/2017 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I got this in radiant and in honey. I use honey the most and keep it in my purse for on the go touch ups. Many times if I have dark circles from lack of sleep or I don't have time to go through my proper under eye concealer routine in the AM I will use this as a quick fix. I love that its covers good enough to look natural (not super blindingly bright Kim K strobe looking under eyes---not a fan) and you do not need a powder for it to set and not move. In a pinch I put it on in a rush out the door. Looked in the mirror 6 hours later and it stayed put, and this was during the hot summer months. Sometimes I use this to touch up my already concealed under eyes at the end of the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to like this in 2013, but I think they reformulated it. It never dries down, it creases and transfers. I prefer LA Pro concealer to this and it has more product too.