Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica

on 7/20/2017 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Because I have oily skin and rarely use liquid or creme foundation, I usually steer clear of anything concealer-like; it looks unnatural and/or winds up being too thick or creamy for my skin type. After reading about it on Beautypedia, I thought I'd give it a try because, at age 48, my under-eye area had really started looking, well, tired! I don't have super-dark circles, but I do have some shadow, fine lines, and puffiness. Still, I was hesitant to use anything "luminous" (again, darned oily skin), but the price was low enough that I didn't feel too guilty about the possibility of buying and not liking it.
So, the first shade I bought was Radiant. I absolutely loved the effect. My skin is fair, and the formula was sheer enough to look fine whether I wore any other makeup or not, while still totally brightening up the dark areas of my upper and lower inner corners. Furthermore, by dotting the product along the space between my cheekbones and puffy lower lids, it created just enough blurring and highlight to minimize the bags under my eyes (just be careful not to apply the Radiant color ON your puffy areas!). I looked rested.
I wondered how the less-luminous shades would work for concealing blemishes, so I bought a second tube in Ivory. Dabbing a bit strategically around the occasional blemish worked perfectly to minimize the redness without feeling the need to cover the rest of my face with foundation. A quick dusting of powder to set it, and I am good to go.
I am not exaggerating when I say that there are very few makeup products that have inspired me to repurchase. I just turned 49 and am still running to the store whenever I run out of this. I know that YSL's Touche Éclat and L'Oreal's Magic Lumi Highlighting Concealer are the same kind of product, but I see no point in shelling out more money to try them, because I am a diehard fan of Maybelline's Dream Lumi Touch!

on 6/1/2017 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I got this in radiant and in honey. I use honey the most and keep it in my purse for on the go touch ups. Many times if I have dark circles from lack of sleep or I don't have time to go through my proper under eye concealer routine in the AM I will use this as a quick fix. I love that its covers good enough to look natural (not super blindingly bright Kim K strobe looking under eyes---not a fan) and you do not need a powder for it to set and not move. In a pinch I put it on in a rush out the door. Looked in the mirror 6 hours later and it stayed put, and this was during the hot summer months. Sometimes I use this to touch up my already concealed under eyes at the end of the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to like this in 2013, but I think they reformulated it. It never dries down, it creases and transfers. I prefer LA Pro concealer to this and it has more product too.

About a month ago I bought the Nars Radiant Creamy concealer in Vanilla. As I mention in all my concealer reviews, I have brutally bad undereye circles. I bought Nars because it has solid reviews and I wanted something good to wear on my wedding day. A week before I got married I impulsively bought Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer in Ivory.

Guess which one I wore on my wedding day?

The Maybelline.

This just goes to show that price really doesn't indicate better quality and how you can find really good budget options.

Anyways, the Maybelline has a really nice creamy but thin texture. Over time I've come to realize how important texture is in a concealer. Too thick and creamy and your concealer isn't as easy to build on, and you'll get a lot of creasing. But a texture like Maybelline Dream Lumi that's thinner but still manages to have decent coverage will sink into your skin a bit more, so it builds more easily and looks more natural. Is this concealer high coverage? No. But nothing really hides my under eye circles, and this is about as perfect a balance as I have found for coverage and brightening ability with a natural finish.

I also really like the slim tube with the built-in brush. It's the perfect packaging to stash in your bag for touch ups.

on 4/12/2017 5:56:00 PM

My favourite concealer. It covers my blemishes, imperfections and redness. It blends nicely on my skin and dries quickly. Excellent addition to my minimalist makeup routine. Ivory is the perfect shade for my pale skin tone and so far the only tone light enough on any brand I've tried. The price is affordable but I do feel like it runs out quite quickly.

I like that this acts as an almost color corrector under my eyes for days I feel like color correcting or just want to look more awake without wearing a full face. It doesn't have any coverage for the darkness but it knocks back the blue veins I have around my eyes and I like that. There's microglitter. I understand it's supposed to be luminising, but the glitter isn't refined enough for this, IMO, and it's spread out sparsely. It sets on its own, no need for a powder, and don't mind using it under my regular concealer if I feel like fussing with the application. Ugh, the application. It's ridiculious, you have twist forever to get any product to come out the brush tip. Then keep twisting to get enough to cover the area, but don't twist too much or you'll have have a glob of product on the brush. It layers on itself without issue, but there's no point in layering because it doesn't build. I'll probably rebuy until I convince myself to spend more money on better quality.

on 1/23/2017 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This remains one of my favorite concealers especially when I'm in a rush. It provides decent coverage and glides effortlessly. It layers well over other products and I have zero issues with creasing. The cap can get a little messy but soapy water works well.

on 1/5/2017 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was so excited to try this concealer. For the first few weeks, I thought it looked absolutely lovely. My dark cirles were less visible, it seemed like a perfect fit colourwise (I have the lightest shade) and the concealer didn't settle in my fine lines. Then one night before I was about to wash my face, I caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror. I couldn't believe I hadn't seen it before. The concealer looked beige and sat on top of my skin It looked cakey and strange. All other conclealers I've used have blended with my skin, but this one just sat on top of it. The colour was totally off and extremely visible. I decided at that moment to not use it again. It looks pretty immediately after application, but the prettiness doesn't last. I guess that the good thing is that it stays on the skin for a long time, but not in a good way though.

on 12/12/2016 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmm, I'm not too enthusiastic about this one, and I'm surprised how other people apparently enjoy it so much more than I do!
I don't think this covers my undereye circles very well. The packaging is half full when you buy it, which I always think is so shady. I liked the brush applicator and how moisturizing this is, but I wouldn't repurchase it. Isn't cruelty free, either.

Pro:
- moisturizing, doesn't dry out undereye area
- drugstore pricetag
- precise brush applicator

Con:
- not cruelty free
- not enough coverage for me

on 8/18/2016 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this product. I am on my second tube. I have very fair, very oily skin with yellow undertones, and "ivory" is a perfect match, which is never an easy task for me. I wear minimal makeup, in fact this is all I use on my skin as far as coverage is concerned. I start off with my primer (to fill in my large pores and give a smoother appearance) and then put a thin layer of this under my eyes, in between brows, on my chin, and anywhere I have a blemish or redness and blend in with a damp Real Techniques sponge. Work quickly because the product does dry quickly but blends like a dream (no pun intended, well maybe a little lol). I then set with a translucent, colorless, loose powder and i'm on to my brows. For me, this product stays in place all day and never looks cakey, which is the MOST important to me because I do not wear makeup all over my face and if a concealer cakes up then it is extremely obvious that I'm wearing it, which defeats the "no make-up" make-up look I rock everyday. It honestly looks like I have nothing on my face and for these reasons it is a holy grail product for me. If you are looking for serious coverage or a dramatic look, you won't find it here, which suits me perfectly! I will continue to wear everyday and repurchase until if and when I find something better!

pros:
-lightweight
-no odor
-stays put on my oily skin
-does not crease
-not cakey at all
-can be used to lightly conceal and/or highlight

cons:
-very small amount of product
-very sheer for a concealer (this is actually a "pro" for me)