Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates Copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica

on 6/13/2018 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really nice concealer and quite similar to the YSL one. I found it perfect for adding brightness to my face, especially my under eye area. Let’s get one thing straight though, if you are into ‘Instagram’ makeup and like to apply your concealer like war paint as many ‘beauty gurus’ do before ‘baking’ it into oblivion, then this concealer is not for you and I believe that the negative reviews are mostly coming from the demographic which I just described as I honestly can’t see how anyone would give it one star. I bought this concealer for 50% off on sale and I believe I paid about $10 AUD. When trying a drugstore product for the first time, I only buy when on sale so that way if I end up disliking it, at least I haven’t wasted too much money. I would absolutely repurchase this concealer. It won’t disguise heavy bags or super dark circles though as it’s only medium coverage. I found this concealer to be perfect for me as my under eyes are quite good and just need a little bit of concealing/brightening which this did perfectly. I believe this will still work really well for people with dark circles, so long you first use a peach toned colour corrector which you should be doing anyway if you do suffer from dark circles. The best way to apply this concealer is to dot it on the areas which need covering and then gently pat it in with your ring finger to blend. Using a brush or sponge will thin the product too much. I believe that a gentle patting motion with the middle finger or ring finger is the best way to apply any type of concealer for a natural look. If you like a natural look and want to look more bright eyed, healthy and ‘awake’, then this is a fantastic option at a fantastic price!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not a fan. I bought this a few weeks ago after I read online that it was a really nice, inexpensive dupe for YSL Touche Eclat. I was unfortunately pretty underwhelmed. It did not highlight, nor did it conceal much. I assumed that the product would have a good amount of slip and be very blendable, but it was actually quite dry and tough to blend. I was mortified when I looked in the mirror a few hours after applying and saw that it had set into fine lines and drew attention to my already-dry undereye area, despite using a setting powder.

on 6/10/2018 1:50:00 PM

I picked this up on a whim and now I wish I hadn’t. I’m not crazy about it. The coverage is bad, it creases and I don’t think it really brightens, maybe a little. I used it anyway cause I don’t like wasting money. But it only lasted like three weeks and I didn’t use it every day. You definitely don’t get much product and the brush applicator is weird. Like I said I used it but it was just okay and I wouldn’t buy it again.

on 4/16/2018 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is one of those hyped products that just didn't live up to the claims. As a highlighter I found it completely useless and it also did not do a great job of concealing. I find the wind up concealers a bit frustrating as well, more gimmick than anything else. I purchased this in the lightest colour. I was hoping the thin consistency would work well on a more mature skin. I applied it with my Beauty Blender and found it just disappeared into my skin covering nothing. There is really not much else I can add to this review. There are other cheap concealers that do a better job, even the Maybelline stick concealers are superior to this.

on 4/15/2018 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My rating is based on the current version and the new colors. If they hadn;t changed them, I would give it a 3.

I've used this as a substitute for YSL Touche Eclat sometimes. Is it a dupe? No. I am convinced there is no exact dupe for Touche Eclat and I have tried so many, none are quite as good. I don't like heavy concealers under my eyes, I don't need them, no dark circles to cover, I just want something that brightens a little. However, despite the ugly, cheap packaging and the tiny amount it WAS an easy to obtain, affordable alternative. You get much less in this that the YSL, this only has .05 oz. compared to YSL 1 oz.

I liked the color Ivory, but for some bizarre reason, they changed the colors and discontinued the only nice color for me, which was Ivory. I use #2 Luminous Ivory in YSL Touche Eclat. Now Maybelline's only light color is Fair and it is very pink, not as brightening and the formula seems different. The other colors are all dark. I tried it once and took it back and exchanged it for the No7 Radiant Glow in the color very light which is okay. I did manage to find a few of the Ivory on ebay from reliable sellers, but Ivory was sold out on many of them. I guess people that used it are now stocking up on the discontinued colors since all of the news ones are awful.

I've never been a fan of Maybelline products anyway, now they discontinued the one thing I did repurchase.

on 1/21/2018 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this when I ran out of YSL Touche Éclat and balked at the price of buying a new one. I only bought it on a whim because I had heard it was a good dupe and when it comes to the eye area I think it does an excellent job. I have been using this for over a year now to cover and brighten any darkness and dark circles around my eyes and I think it performs really well. It is light and gentle and smoothes over easily and doesn’t irritate the skin and lasts all day. It also lasts for absolutely ages and as long as you take care of the brush it lasts much longer than the YSL. I use this in colour no. 2 and I used the shade 2.5 in YSL Touché Éclat, it doesn’t have quite as much yellow in but it has enough, in addition to this it doesn’t have that terrible pinkness that is in the YSL number 2 and which is super visible in daylight. As a concealer to be used for dark circles and darkness around the eye area I think this is excellent and considering it costs about a quarter of the price of YSL here in Denmark I am so pleased I tried it!

on 11/7/2017 5:00:00 AM

I purchased this concealer based off the reviews here and I'm so glad I did! It has great coverage with a natural finish, hydrating on my dehydrated skin, doesn't accentuate fine lines and stays on all day. Love love this product and will continue to repurchase

on 10/25/2017 8:07:00 PM

I got this on no1 Ivory. Thin formula, decent coverage, does not crease, very good for highlighting under the eye area as well as other areas of the face. Blends really good. Will buy again.

on 8/24/2017 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

You know when your childhood dog dies and your mom's new dog looks eerily like your old dog?

This formula is exactly that. Same packaging, but different, cool-toned shades, and a thicker formula.

I originally used Nude, a yellow-leaning nude that worked well with my NC40 skin tone. It felt so light, that it provided light coverage, but, most importantly on my finely-lined eyes, it didn't crease.

This was not a concealer you use to cover actual dark circles; it was more of an illuminator for the undereyes and above the cheekbones.

I found myself having to replace it every 6 months, until I discovered the LA Girl HD concealer, and the Becca corrector in Papaya. When I use the corrector, any concealer I use on top, would crack and crease; it necessitated a lighter formula for my shallow, shadow-ridden orbitals (translation: I have eyes that bulge almost as much as someone with water retention and a thyroid disorder).

Finally wanting to return to this lighter concealer, I return to Target only to see that Maybelline COMPLETELY CHANGED THE SHADES. I tried the Light and it just is not the same: it creased and pulled gray.

RIP original Dream Lumi Touch.

For more coverage on my minimal makeup days, I use the LA Girl concealer in Creamy Beige. My brown circles still show, but it fades them just enough for me to not need corrector!

on 8/28/2017 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Formula is thick and lightweight at the same time - lightweight as in it feels like nothing, and thick as in it covers up my blemishes/eye bags really well. There's a twist on the bottom that you use to bring the concealer up into a paintbrush, which is a really unique and handy design - you still rub it in with your fingers, but I love the application. Because of that, I'd say $8 is a fitting price for this.