Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - 08

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - 08
Rimmel Kate Moss 08Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - 08

4.2

on 4/11/2017 4:22:00 PM

My absolute favorite lipstick of the moment...I only purchased this for the first time a few weeks ago, but have already purchased 2 backups. It's a little darker than I usually wear, I know it's not even dark lol, but I think I'm so used to super nude looks that it's kinda dark to me, but I love it, and realized a color like this is much more flattering on me. It's such a universal shade that will compliment any makeup looks as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've always loved pink lipsticks and I always will, but as I get older I am gravitating away from shades that scream PINK and towards more neutral dusty rose colors that can work with a multitude of eye and cheek hues.

This little gem fits the bill. I've tried other Rimmel lipsticks before and although I liked the shade, I wasn't blown away with the formula. It was oddly drying even though it wasn't a matte. What's up with that? Anyways, this particular shade is a cut above- very pigmented, hydrating but not slimy and lasts a decent length of time.

The color is a neutral medium rosy pink with hints of mauve. I would say this is a "safe" pink that could work with many skin tones for daytime or night. For the price there is absolutely no reason to not check it out, it's a steal even compared to other drugstore options.

on 12/19/2016 12:24:00 AM

I bought this as an affordable dupe for Chanel's Mademoiselle. I'm very happy with Kate Moss 08. Definitely a MLBB, and love that I can apply without a mirror. I find it a bit drying and a bit lacking in sheen, so I apply with lip balm and that solves it.

One odd thing: I purchased this lipstick in Canada and the US. The US version is noticably warmer on the skin; the Canadian version was cooler (almost lavender). Not sure if I got a bad tube? Thought I'd mention it...

Overall thought, a good purchase.

on 12/16/2016 8:50:00 AM

I read about this shade online as a neutral dusty oink everyone should have in their lipstick wardrobe. I tried it out and it is such a nice color - not to pink, not too mauve, not too dark. The consistency is creamy and it had an impressive lasting power and leaves behind an even stain as it fades. It's not overly matte but a cream finish and isn't drying on my lips. The term MLBB is like nails on chalkboard to me for some reason (idk, just hate the phrase) but that's what this is for sure. Perfect for interviews, perfect to balance a heavier eye.

on 11/15/2016 10:48:00 PM

I bought this product on a whim. I just saw it's shade online and decided to try it. It was love on first application! It is non-drying on the lips and is the perfect shade for light to medium Asian skin. It is very affordable and it has a nice scent. This is truly one purchase that I really love!

Bottom line: It's the perfect affordable My Lips But Better (MLBB) shade!

on 9/17/2016 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a lovely MLBB shade. On me it's a rosy shade with a hint of brown. Very natural. It's very lightweight on the lips, and non-drying. It lasts a fair amount of time, and best of all, it's cheap!

Full Size Image

on 8/28/2016 7:22:00 AM

Absolutely love this product. Its cheap, long lasting, pigmented. I prefer it to my mac lipsticks as its a matte effect but not a drying matte on the lips. I would compare the colour to mac velvet teddy, without the dryness.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm on my second tube of this - fabulous, cheap lipstick. It's a great MLBB shade - for me it's a cross between my two fave Mac colors - Twig and Cosmo. This is less than half the price, has a great texture, and a nice scent. I hope they keep making it!

on 8/9/2016 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

okay if ur the type of girl that loves nude/mauve lipstick shades then you NEED this lipstick! i love this lipstick the color is beautiful it is more pinky than nude but it does have a slight purple/pinkish undertone. it can possibly be a dupe for mac faux lipstick. however i do think it will look washed out on dark skin tones. it is more for light/medium skin tones. great lipstick from the drugstore

on 3/28/2016 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was my first lipstick and i have repurchased two additional backups in case I run out. It is a perfect nude for my N5, very pale skin. This looks great with so many different looks. It can balance out a heavier look in the eyes and also just as an everyday basic for work. I have this in my desk drawer in the office and wear it most days. On my skin tone is a dusty rose, with just a hint of a brown/peach to make it balanced. Love it!