Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - 08

Rimmel Kate Moss 08Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - 08

4.2

on 10/26/2017 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a good color for my skin, NC15. It's a great everyday shade and it goes on easily. No need for lip liner either. I wish it lasted longer on the lips though. It doesn't stay on very well through eating or drinking. I also find it is somewhat drying after about 20 or 30 minutes. I find myself picking at my lips or licking them more. This is a good budget lipstick and the color is great, but I prefer a more comfortable lipstick. I'll probably continue to use this but most likely won't repurchase.

on 10/17/2017 12:11:00 AM

One of my HG drugstore lipsticks for sure. I have been using this on a regular basis since the day it came out. For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone.

This is the perfect everyday pinky/mauve lipstick and I can see this compliment so many different people. I feel like this is a perfect color dupe for MAC Cosmo in Amplified and that used to be my everyday lipstick before I discovered this drugstore gem. Formula wise not an exact dupe - MAC Cosmo is a bit more pigmented and creamier. But this has the perfect consistency and feels more lightweight and has decent staying power. I also love the packaging - so sleek and chic, like Kate herself. The only thing I am not so crazy about is the fake citrus scent but I am more than willing to put up with it for the gloriousness of this lipstick.

Two thumbs up from me. Will recommend to everyone!

on 9/23/2017 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A superb lipstick. I'm very fair with pink undertones so this is quite a dark MLBB on me and is the closest I come to wearing 'grown up' - read, noticeable - lipstick. The colour is pinky mauve and the quality of the lipstick surpasses all expectations. My mum has used HE lippies forever and is now over the moon having converted to this at 1/3 the price and just as good, if not better quality. It has a very creamy, dense texture and stays put for hours. The kind of lippie you'd miss is it was d/c. Cannot recommend enough!

on 12/19/2016 12:24:00 AM

I bought this as an affordable dupe for Chanel's Mademoiselle. I'm very happy with Kate Moss 08. Definitely a MLBB, and love that I can apply without a mirror. I find it a bit drying and a bit lacking in sheen, so I apply with lip balm and that solves it.

One odd thing: I purchased this lipstick in Canada and the US. The US version is noticably warmer on the skin; the Canadian version was cooler (almost lavender). Not sure if I got a bad tube? Thought I'd mention it...

Overall thought, a good purchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've always loved pink lipsticks and I always will, but as I get older I am gravitating away from shades that scream PINK and towards more neutral dusty rose colors that can work with a multitude of eye and cheek hues.

This little gem fits the bill. I've tried other Rimmel lipsticks before and although I liked the shade, I wasn't blown away with the formula. It was oddly drying even though it wasn't a matte. What's up with that? Anyways, this particular shade is a cut above- very pigmented, hydrating but not slimy and lasts a decent length of time.

The color is a neutral medium rosy pink with hints of mauve. I would say this is a "safe" pink that could work with many skin tones for daytime or night. For the price there is absolutely no reason to not check it out, it's a steal even compared to other drugstore options.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A great rosey pink shade, very flattering on my pale and neutral skin. I use it with Rimmel's "East End Snob" liner, they go great together.

on 9/17/2016 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a lovely MLBB shade. On me it's a rosy shade with a hint of brown. Very natural. It's very lightweight on the lips, and non-drying. It lasts a fair amount of time, and best of all, it's cheap!

Full Size Image

on 12/16/2016 8:50:00 AM

I read about this shade online as a neutral dusty oink everyone should have in their lipstick wardrobe. I tried it out and it is such a nice color - not to pink, not too mauve, not too dark. The consistency is creamy and it had an impressive lasting power and leaves behind an even stain as it fades. It's not overly matte but a cream finish and isn't drying on my lips. The term MLBB is like nails on chalkboard to me for some reason (idk, just hate the phrase) but that's what this is for sure. Perfect for interviews, perfect to balance a heavier eye.

on 11/15/2016 10:48:00 PM

I bought this product on a whim. I just saw it's shade online and decided to try it. It was love on first application! It is non-drying on the lips and is the perfect shade for light to medium Asian skin. It is very affordable and it has a nice scent. This is truly one purchase that I really love!

Bottom line: It's the perfect affordable My Lips But Better (MLBB) shade!

on 8/28/2016 7:22:00 AM

Absolutely love this product. Its cheap, long lasting, pigmented. I prefer it to my mac lipsticks as its a matte effect but not a drying matte on the lips. I would compare the colour to mac velvet teddy, without the dryness.