Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser

3.9

Glycereth-26, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Alpha Glucosyl Hesperidin, Glycolic Acid, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Ceteth-25, Oleth-10, Butylene Glycol, Citrus Paradisi Seed Extract, Xanthan Gum, Water, Charcoal Powder, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil

on 4/17/2016 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I waited until I have used up the product to give a thorough review. I have extremely sensitive acne prone skin, suffering from chronic cystic acne. My skin has become immune to all the popular acne cleansers. This cleanser has saved my face. I have been using it since December 2015 and still have quite a bit of product left in the bottle. I use the cleanser once a day in the morning. I do not use this to remove make up. I apply it once a week in a thick coating, like a serum and let it work its magic. I havent had a lot of deep cystic acne flare ups in a while. And the one or two bumps I do get disappear within two days. Most of my blackheads are gone too. My face has cleared up drastically. My skin is smoother. It's wonderful. A lot of people comment on the warming effect as a novelty. I believe it is too but it feels nice. I don't know what makes this so unique but thank you Boscia for creating this cleanser. I cannot sing its praises enough. It saved my self esteem.

on 2/4/2016 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I bought this cleanser because I have seen good reviews for it and I continue to explore the charcoal craze. This was such a disappointing product. The black color of the gel and the "warming effect" are pure novelty and don't seem to have any actual effect on the skin. Also, the "warming effect" lasts less than 5 seconds, and then it just feels like any random cleanser. Sure, the product cleans effectively, but about as effectively as some of the best (and much cheaper) drugstore cleansers. It feels like paying for a novelty product, and at the price point, I will not buy this again.

To Read all 68 Reviews, Login or Join

Received a large sample in a kit from Sephora. It has lasted me quite some time as a little bit seems to go a long way.

The color is novel, and the warming sensation is. It seems perfectly alright and performs well with my acne prone skin. But, there are products out there that I like better - that leave my face feeling more clean.

For the price, I need to *really* like it to buy again...and I don't think I would on this one.

on 1/14/2016 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Interesting warming cleanser that unfortunately strips my skin. I don't know how Boscia can recommend using it morning and night. when using it nightly made the skin on my nose peel off completely. The rest of my face felt very smooth and exfoliated, however this is too drying for me to use regularly.

on 1/3/2016 9:15:00 PM

I received this in a kit from Sephora. The cleanser is black and has a thin, gel like consistency that "warms" when it's rubbed into the skin. It works well at stripping the grease from my oily/acne prone skin. Although this product does the job, I have other cleansers that I prefer over this one and will not repurchase.

on 12/18/2015 1:55:00 AM

I tried this cleanser from one of the sampler packet I bought from JCPenney Sephora. Normally isn't something that I would reach for. the cleanser does give a nice warm feeling without any tingling. There's not much Lathering but I did like the way I left my skin. it felt cleansed without Drying

on 8/23/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I liked the look of this product, and I liked the idea of having a "warming" cleanser, but it was way too harsh for my sensitive skin. I tried it a few times and while my skin didn't feel stripped or tight, it was definitely not happy and I broke out horribly for a few days after.
I guess I'll stick with my trusty CeraVe cleanser, which is not nearly as sexy of a cleanser, but gets the job done without the irritation.

on 4/29/2015 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got a sample of this at Sephora on a whim and ended up buying the whole bottle less than a week later.

This is the first soap I have ever use that cleared out my pores - NO MORE BLACKHEADS?! and it left my skin feeling soft yet clean afterwards. Most of the time soaps make my skin feel tight and I can't wait to moisturize, but this literally left my skin feeling great. I like that there are no sulfates or parabans.

The soap does warm slightly which I find really intriguing/soothing. I usually use one pump for my whole face, rubbing in gently, and then I follow up with Clarisonic.

I've been using it a week and haven't gotten any new acne bumps and I have extremely acne prone skin.

My fiance has had blackheads for 10+ years, he used it and was surprised that it cleared his up too. Definitely satisfied with this purchase even though it's a little expensive :)

on 4/3/2015 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Compared to Purifying Gel Cleanser Boscia makes this is hardly detoxifying. I think the black gel-like consistency and warming sensation feels and looks nice, but that's about it. It's hardly detoxifying and did nothing for clogged pores

LOVE this face wash. I've been trying a lot of different fash washes lately and nothing has left my skin feeling the way this wash does. It doesn't dry you up but it gives you that clean tight feeling. I love the way it warms up on your skin I really feel like it gives your a skin a nice deep cleansing.

I can't say it's made a big difference on my pore size but it's def helped with blackheads!