Avon Shine Attract

Avon Shine Attract
Avon Shine Attract Lipstick- Mysterious Mauve

2.8

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Octyldodecanol , Ethylenediamine/Hydrogenated Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer Bis-Di-C14-18 Alkyl Amide , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Stearyl Dimethicone , Dibutyl Lauroyl Glutamide , Barium Sulfate , Dibutyl Ethylhexanoyl Glutamide , Diisostearyl Malate , Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Silica , Parfum/Fragrance , Bht , Tocopheryl Acetate , Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer , Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer , Acrylates Copolymer , Perfluorooctyl Triethoxysilane.

on 11/27/2016 7:14:00 AM

Save your money. It is not lipstick or lipbalm, not even in the middle. You get a little color, that lasts approximately half hour, it tastes funny and it doesn't hidrates the lips - I would even say it dryes it out. The taste is horrible - artificial. This comes as a surprise, because Avon usually has really good lip products. I have purchased 2 Shine attracts (Happy pink and Rose boquet) - both are very pale, not as in cataloug pictures, they leave just a touch of a colour. Definitely won't buy it again.

on 7/21/2014 12:10:00 AM

I love this lipstick! I have the red one and it´s perfect for subtle color, the smell isn´t very good but I like the product.

It´s long lasting because leaves tint on the lips and feels nice when applied.

The size is perfect for take it everywhere, I need a pink one now so I´m waiting to appear at catalogue.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I think this was a good concept but wrong design. I believe it would have been a better idea if the gloss was on the inside instead of the outside. I got teh same pigment payoff as the commenter who stated that the color did not blend well straight from the tube. I ended up with a streak of color that I had to spend a lot time blending to get it to look right on my lips. Talk about a waste of time.

on 1/31/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I think I am one of the few that like this lipstick. I am not in love with it however. I got the shade Enliven which is a barely pink shade to begin with and I wear it as a chapstick type replacement. It gives me a glint of color and the balm on top makes it feel more like a chapstick. I do not notice too much drying out of my lips. It is Winter here though and my lips can get wind chapped no matter what I use on them. I think the case looks pretty cheap IMO but it is after all a balm type item. The fragrance does not smell too bad but like others have said, it taste pretty bad. Not sure what that taste comes from as the ingredients are supposed to be good for one's lips. All in all, this is a good product for what it is but if I buy another one, I will go for a deeper color.
Update: I liked the first one so much, I ordered 2 more. Big mistake! I got Fuchsia and Orchid. What did Avon add to these 2 lipsticks to make them taste so awful?! The first one I bought was not great tasting but at least I could handle it. There is little color pay off with the last 2 and the color is not attractive, nor is the shine as appealing as with the light pink one. These 2 have to go back! Therefore changing my review status on these Shine Attract lipsticks. Can't give a good rating based on just one tube when all the others are so bad!

on 9/20/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The concept seemed cool with lipstick in the middle and a gel type clear balm surrounding it. The packaging was nice. The colour payoff was mediocre. The application was smooth and glided over lips nicely. The biggest downfall: this product was extremely drying to the lips. I would not buy this product ever again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Buying cosmetics from Avon is always a gamble and, for me, this is one of those times that it doesn't pay off. I ordered Orchid as in the brochure the shade is a purplish berry, only to find that it applies as a pinkish red berry.

The shade I have was already a letdown, but the fact that the pop of colour in the lipstick is surrounded by a clear gel, means that the colour is diluted when you apply it. I probably wouldn't have minded the iffy shading in the brochure, if the product had applied nicely!

The gel in the lipstick is glossy, so the lipstick isn't drying... But the gloss does mean that the product doesn't last long; within two hours it'll need touching up. The packaging on the product doesn't bother me - in fact the clear lid is good for quickly spotting items in makeup bags.

on 8/13/2012 11:51:00 PM

I have this lipstick in several different colors. I love it! It's very light, which works great for summer. The gloss dispenses just the right amount and lasts a long time. The price is so inexpensive that I can stock up on many colors.

on 6/11/2012 9:11:00 PM

I was very excited when I got it, I can't tell the exact color but it's the girl pink one.
The first couple of days I used it a lot, even though the smell/taste kind of bothered me, it was so different from everything in my collection I just loved showing it around. However after a while I noticed I had to pile a ton to make it show... and it was drying, but I found myself in constant need of lipbalm... and it didn't last all that well. So I came to the conclusion that yes, it caughts your attention on the tube, but not on the lips.
Also the cap just won't stay in! It's a bit anoying because I am afraid of caring it around because it will stain my purse. And because I'm afraid the gel part will melt.
Overall I would not get this again. I will use it now that it's here anyway...

on 5/22/2012 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this in Orchid. I'm a little disappointed because it wasn't the color I was expecting. Although, I feel that it's a little hard choosing colors without trying it on. I'm let down by the packaging, it LOOKS cheap. (It kind of is..but..you know, it could look nicer). The color is pretty though, not as vibrant as I wanted but it has a nice color payoff. I feel like it's weird putting it on though. I find that I need to smooth it out with my fingers because the color is concentrated in the middle of the lipstick. I guess I'd buy it again because it's like part chapstick/part lipstick.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have to say, I like the colors of Shine Attract that I purchased, Guava and Rose Pink. I prefer Guava, however, because it's a bit more neutral than Rose Pink, but both go on very nicely. It does need a couple of reapplies, but the end result for me is worth it!