Shiseido white lucent brightening mask

Shiseido  white lucent brightening mask

3.6

on 1/13/2017 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Sigh... this mask made my skin look SO GOOD. Still, I mentally cannot bring myself to buy a sheet mask that's ~$11, no matter how effective it is, because I know there are cheapo sheet masks out there that can deliver similar results for as little as 20% of the price. And I know that brightening is one of the hottest focal points in Asian face masks, so there's never a shortage in selection.

But regarding this White Lucent mask - it is amazing. I only had one mask on me (it was a gift with purchase, because I'm a poor peasant who doesn't get many chances to use higher end beauty products otherwise), so I can't vouch for any of the long-term benefits that Shiseido touts - such as dark spot reduction, evening of skin tone, and smoothing of skin texture - but I was still taken aback by the immediate effects. My skin looked softer, brighter, dewy, and had a lively shine to it. Not to mention my face felt super moisturized.

I would absolutely love to add this mask to my skincare routine, but I can't justify the hefty price.

on 10/6/2015 12:26:00 AM

I cannot say enough good things about this product! I usually wear the mask at night before bed, and I wake up with glowing skin. I've even had strangers compliment me on my skin when I wasn't wearing makeup after applying one of these masks.
I think the secret to success with these is to use some type of exfoliant before you apply the mask, so all the product can really sink in.
I use the Dermalogica gentle cream exfoliant, wash it off, dry, and then apply one of these masks. I leave the mask on for about twice the recommended time, as well. It really works wonders for my skin. (For reference, I have quite fair skin with light acne scarring around my chin and mouth)

on 9/10/2015 7:25:00 AM

This mask was an extra in a swap some time ago. I love brightening products and I had hoped that this would work wonders on my uneven skin.

This mask has a slight fragrance, nothing overpowering though. I like the fact that although there are eye holes, the material has not been removed meaning that you can fit the mask under your eyes to fit your face shape.

The mask remains moist and does not dry out like some can. The serum left on the skin does not ball up or flake off (like a couple of Korean masks I have tried) but instead actually penetrates the skin after a while. It feels like a lightweight oil or cream rather than a serum and I do like the way it feels. I went to bed without applying anything over the top, and my skin was still moist the next morning.

It did not do anything for the brightness of my skin but as a moisturizing mask it works well. Too expensive to make this a regular occurrence in my routine so I will not be buying this.

on 11/25/2014 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This mask feels nice and leaves a moisturizer on your skin. I don't see any "brightening" though, so I won't be buying this again.

I am a major fan of Asian Skin Care products because they bring results. This mask is definitely superior to the other lower end masks such as The Face Shop and My Diary face masks. The low end masks are usually made of paper but this mask is made of cloth and it has plenty of serum in there. This mask definitely brightened up my skin and fade away acne scars. Itís expensive but worth it. This also moisturized my skin without breaking out. I have acne prone skin and this does not clog my pores. If you want an even more effective mask, try the SK-II. I compared these two masks in my video showing before and after results and the SK-II made my skin more brighter. Check it out if you are interested.

I brought this at Sephora for $68 for 6 masks.

This is how I use it: I keep the masks in the refrigerator so that when I use it on my face the cooling sensation reduces puffiness. I usually sleep with the mask on and I wake up with glowing skin. Also save the extra serum. Use it on your neck, or use on your face the next day.

on 3/24/2013 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

it is an amazing pick me up fresh, refreshing and hydrating mask, it is easy to use and for lazy or guys, this is perfect. the downside is that it's very costly. $68 plus tax for 6 pieces. i would recommend using it once a week. paraben free.

This is one of those masks that is fabric soaked in solution that lays over your face. They come in packs of six individual pouches and are a single piece that fits over your entire face. After cleansing and toning, place the mask on your face for 10 minutes (I usually leave it on longer, maybe 20 minutes). It's an effective temporary brightener. It's not going to permanently fade sun damage, etc. Results will fade in a couple of days, so probably best as a pick-me-up before going out or for a special day. Also probably best as a special treat as they are kind of expensive averaging about $12 US per mask. The fabric is soft and there is plenty of solution -- no scratchy, dried out masks here. In fact the instructions say that after you've removed the mask, massage the remaining liquid into your skin.