Laura Mercier Contour

No Image

4.6

I really like to contour my face- to make it look less oval! I've always used powder contour, until I found out about this! Unfortunately its a discontinued product, but I was able to find it on ebay a long time ago and bought two. It is a small matte silver pot with a screw top lid, about the size of a small concealer pot. Inside, the product is a chocolate colored cream. It seems like it would be really dark, but when you put it on, it is really a taupe-y color. I use a small foundation brush to apply to my temple, chin, and cheekbones, as well as the inner hollow of my browbone and sides of my nose, then I blend out. It looks great, and even better after I apply my color over it. I also have other contour powders, but they are too subtle and wear away during the day. I love the staying power of this, and I wish it wasn't discontinued! it really is a great product. I'm glad I bought two of these, they should last a long time.

I put "dirt cheap" for the pricing b/c you only have to buy this about every 3 years if you use it how I do. I take a teensy swipe on my ring finger and then rub it to my other ring finger and then make a little sweeo down both sides of my nose to make a nice thinner nose (my nose is fine like it is but this gives the illusion of just a bit more chisel)... The color works well for me (I'm a NC 30ish who leans more towards NW when tan)...

All my makeup revolves but this is really the only thing I use everyday without fail..

It's great.

JLH

I just got my second "tube" It is now Disct'd. but I found a very nice Nordie's SA who gave me two for the road. I will use them for the next 7 years! I love this. Sorry it's discntd...

on 9/17/2005 12:26:00 PM

The colour is "Contrast" and is universally applicable for all skin colours. Not quite, I'm afraid...I'm an LLL with pinkish undertones, so when I use this to sculpt my jawline, I find it too yellowish against my rosy blush...But the texture is wonderful.

on 3/15/2005 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Don't be scared by the color when you open it. Has long as you blend it in it will not look that way on your skin. It does a good job of enhancing your cheekbones.

This is a small pot of dark contour cream makeup. When I first opened it, I thought it was way too dark for my fair skin. Applied lightly, it blends beautifully and naturally contours without looking overdone.

on 4/25/2003 2:10:00 AM

The container it came in was unimpressive and looked cheap as hell.However the product itself is fabulous. It really does what it claims. I am enamored by my new toy.

This is a great product to contour your face, cheeks/nose/forehead etc... a little expensive for something that is so small 0.08 OZ. but it is worth it and I would buy it again, because it lasts and doesn't come off as easily as powder blush.

on 10/1/2002 1:09:00 AM

When you learn how to apply this correctly it is absoloutly fantastic. This is a dark bronze cream, that is applied lightly on the face to "sculpt" cheekbones, slim down noses ect... Hard to use at first, to get a good finish, get a small amount on finger and rub on hand so there is only a small amount on your finger. To sculpt cheekbones, apply underneath. This is one of the best make up buys i have ever had!