Lancome Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Lancome Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette

3.3

I purchased this in Petal Pusher...in the pan, the colors looked very pretty...neutral pink, medium brown basically. The pan is well planned out and convenient, but that's about the best thing I can say about it. I don't know if I received an old palette, or it's just the formula, but this was the worst $50 I've spent. I expected so much more at this price point. The shadows had no pigment, were weak, powdery, and crumbly...didn't blend, and had large glitter fallout. This was a complete fail. I've purchased cheap drugstore eye shadows that performed better than this. I returned it, and the SA tried to get me to exchange it, but for the money, I didn't want to take a chance.
EDIT: Silly me. I did actually go back and purchase one of the new spring palettes..I can't remember the name. Same exact problems, which confirms that it's the formula, not just a random "bad or old batch". I returned it, also. I have to really caution anyone looking at these palettes, not to get sucked in by the pretty colors and nice presentation...the product itself bites.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I absolutely love these palettes. I have 2: Mauve Cherie and Taupe Craze. They are soft and blendable, and the shimmer is classy, not glittery or cheap looking. You don't need much either. I like how you can keep it looking natural or intensify for going out/evening wear. They're not cheap, but they were worth every penny and are probably my new HG palettes (used to be Dior).

At $54 Canadian, this was not an impulse buy. I was immediately attracted to Bronze Amour and walked around with it on the back of my hand more than a few times at the store, admiring just how coppery the copper was and how glittery the gold was, before actually paying the big money and taking the plunge.

Took the plunge and being a pessimist, was sure that I'd be kicking myself. Mais non! The powders were easy to apply, easy to blend, and had staying power. The colour on the furthest right (the highlighter) had glitter fallout unless I applied it on skin that was slightly damp, but that posed no problems. Even the two little brushes that come with the set surprised me as being incredibly functional.

EDIT: After using this for over a year, I still like it but.........have to admit that ALL FIVE SHADES do contain glitter, and all five shades are creating some fallout onto cheek. How do I know.........did a five-day experiment during which I only used one shade per day. I love the glittery look of the shades, but just wish that it would stay above my eyes, instead of finding it on my cheeks a few hours after applying.