Lancome Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette

Lancome Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette

3.8

on 9/2/2015 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Sexiest eyeshadow EVER is what Bronze Amour is! Mesmerizingly gorgeous! It makes my brown eyes shimmer and pop in a sultry way like no other eyeshadow I've ever used! It's great for an "I just got out of bed after a long and wild night" look.
Lasts 15+ hours easily without creasing or fall out in super dry AND very humid climates. The dark brown has the perfect amount of shimmer - I use it to line the outer 1/3 of my eyes if I'm doing full eye makeup, and it doesn't make my eyes look bloodshot as many dark browns do. Either gold shade right above the pupil looks great. Super blendable and quite pigmented.

I usually do a pretty natural looking eye, but when I want extra oomph, this palette is my all-time fave. And it's quite small and travel friendly, which is a big plus in my book. I often get compliments from strangers when I wear this. Got it as a GWP-normally I'd laugh at spending $50 on an eyeshadow, so I hope this never runs out because I'm afraid I'll be laughing at myself spending $50 on an eyeshadow if it does!

on 9/2/2012 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bronze Amour is my go to palette for everyday. The color pay off it amazing. It has sparkly shadows but so beautiful. It's not chunks of glitter like most shimmery shadows I've tried. It gives a great brightness to my eyes and I always get compliments on the color. Lavender Lace is also one of my favorites!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I absolutely love these palettes. I have 2: Mauve Cherie and Taupe Craze. They are soft and blendable, and the shimmer is classy, not glittery or cheap looking. You don't need much either. I like how you can keep it looking natural or intensify for going out/evening wear. They're not cheap, but they were worth every penny and are probably my new HG palettes (used to be Dior).

on 4/30/2012 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in Pink Envy and these shadows are shimmery and soooo beautiful. These are easily the prettiest eyeshadows I've ever owned. They blend so easily also. I use Urban Decay Primer potion under my eyeshadows, and they stay put all day. The lightest color in this palette works great as an inner corner highlight and the light pink highlight color looks very shimmery and sheer on the lid. I love putting the med pink color in the crease for a pop of color. They grey color is very pigmented and dark on the eye, but personally I don't use that one very often since it's hard to get dark colors to work for me (lack of skills and I'm extrememly pale LOL). The liner is purple and is also very pigmented and beautiful. If only this palette was a little cheaper, I would buy the whole lot LOL. But i am seriously thinking about getting the Amethyst one next since I loooove purples.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in Rose Bijou (in the Limited Edition Swarovski Crystal compact). These colors are silky, shimmery and very, very blendable. It looks like I had my eyes professionally done when I use this! The liner part is nice and pigmented. Shadow stays put all day, no creases. I love Lancome shadows and realized I never reviewed any so since I picked this palette up recently I thought I would add this review!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got this in Bronze Amour which is a warm peachy gold set of shimmery colours. That is the set that is in the picture for these reviews. The colours are VERY similar to Estee Lauders Fiery Saffron set which I also have and love, but the Lancome set is darker in colouring and more shimmery. Both in the peachy golden neutrals.

Neutral with shimmer and sheen is how I'd describe it. Warm tones. I'd buy it again easily, it's a light travel friendly collection of neutrals that can be daytime to smoky night time as required.

All the colours in the set are useful, but be forewarned, they ALL have fallout.

This set should be applied with a shield under the eye, I used a folded tissue to catch the fallout as I applied it and as I blended the shades. The worst fallout is the liner which is a lovely rich chocolate brown. That crumbles all over my under eye, but then it STICKS.

Which leads me to the greatest points of these shadows. Really rich colour payoff, and the colour lasts all day and into the evening. Really the fallout is because these are so soft and buttery that when you pick them up on any applicator and I tried sponge tips as well as brushes both wet and dry and it ALL had fallout.

The other way to protect the rest of your face is to apply the full eye makeup first, then use day creams to wipe off the fallout and apply the rest of your makeup but that isn't how I tend to work, so just fold up a kleenex tissue and protect the rest of your makeup if you already like your makeup routine the way it is.

As for all that shimmer and glow, the 2 darkest shadows have sparkle in the pan but go on matte, and as for the lightest 3, they just glow and light up the eye area. They don't collect in the wrinkles (and they don't crease either). Coverage is superb, colours are rich and last from early morning to late at night.

Here are the colours:

top: Peachy golden sheen used for an all over wash. This is incredibly pretty on the eye area and doesn't make my aging wrinkly lids go all lizardy like some shiny shadows. This and the gold in the middle right are so gorgeous that I'm willing to deal with fallout and the expense of buying this again!!!

centre left: Copper. It looks gold but don't be fooled, this is a flat out cinnamon and it does have some red tones. This is the one shade that I have to be careful how I place it or I get that red eye look. But it is the most gorgeous cinnamon shade.

center: A soft mid tone beigey almost brown. This one is a contour shade, and it's a matte. Very pretty with the other shades. Blends out ok, but a slight tendency to stick and hold where it's planted so apply lightly and build up.

centre right: Pure Gold. Love this one the most. it's supposedly the highlight, but I also used it as a lid shade. Shimmery metallic sheen and a true gold. Extremely pretty. This and the top shade were my favourites.

bottom: Chocolate Brown liner shade. In the pan, it has sparkles but they don't show up on the eye line. My least fave. It crumbles and falls out badly. I had to apply it with the shield, onto a sticky pencil liner and quickly apply mascara to keep this glued in place, but once in place it's a lovely lush rich brown liner. Used on it's own without a sticky pencil line to glue it in place, it migrates into that fine panda circle look that is so attractive NOT!

I bought this on a whim on a recent 2 week cruise. The weather was hot and occasionally humid which makes shimmer act like little knives on my skin but this didn't do anything. I used it every day for over 2 weeks now, and it's been great apart from the initial fallout on application. Once it's on, and the excess has been brushed away, it stays on, no creasing, no migrations.

No perfume I can sense, and no sensitivity that I was troubled with. I am allergic and sensitive with red rimmed lids, easily irritated. This set was fine.

The case is light and sturdy, which I love for ease of travel. Smaller and lighter but equally sturdy to my similar Estee Lauder Fiery Saffron set. In comparison with that, it's more shimmery and the colours are stronger but staying power and coverage are equal. I'd reach for this for an all in one package for travelling any time as long as I have my Clinique cream pencil eyeliner to keep that liner powder in place!

Comes with foam applicators which can be a handy way to apply shadow in a packing method, then use a brush to blend but I prefer my brushes for accuracy and these shadows have lots of payoff so the foam pack technique might be loading to much on the eyelid, not to mention increasing the fallout which is already way worse than normal eyeshadows from MAC, Clinique, Estee Lauder or Elizabeth Arden in high end, NYX or Maybelline in low end which are the brands I compare this set to.

edited to add, I got a gwp in Taupe Craze, I've written a separate review under that name. It's a cool toned set, much less fallout, too cool toned for me, very taupey grey with a purply undertone but very nice. I wouldn't buy it, it's way too cool toned but for most people the Taupe Craze might be a better buy if you want a set of neutrals you can travel with.

on 7/12/2014 12:03:00 AM

I have two of these -- Petal Pusher and Gris Fatale. Both of these are absolutely gorgeous. Petal Pusher has some coral and bronzey shades, and Gris Fatale is mostly silver and grey shadows. Even though there are only 5 shadows in each palette, you can create a ton of different looks with the shades. I typically use the "liner" shade as a shadow rather than a liner to get more use out of all the colors.
All the shades in each palette are super pigmented, despite the fact that a lot of the shades are either shimmery or contain chunky glitter. Only a couple of shades cause glitter fallout on me, and even when I do get some fallout it's not nearly as bad as it is with some other shadows I've tried. I actually love how sparkly some of these shadows are; it's what makes them really unique shades in my collection.
The only reasons I can't give these palettes a full 5 rating is because 1) I feel like $50 for 5 shadows is a lot, considering most other high-end brands have palettes with 10+ shadows for the same price, and 2) while these shadows are super pigmented and blend really easily, I feel like every single shadow (including the "liners") fade throughout the day on me, regardless of what primer I use underneath. It's a shame, because these shadows look so stunning and vibrant on the lids when you first apply them, but just a few hours later they lose a lot of their color and sparkle. I don't mind retouching my face makeup halfway through the day, but it's really difficult to touch up eye makeup when you're wearing 5 different shadows + liner, so I just have to deal with the fading.
I would say to grab one of these if the colors appeal to you and you have a little money to blow. Like I said, the colors are really unique and beautiful, just don't expect them to last for a 6+ hour day.

on 4/5/2013 5:29:00 AM

I can't believe I bought this paleltte in pink for 48$ and used it only a couple of times and a year later i came across a clearance and bought it in sky demure for 10$! I love sky demure palette, CONSIDERING the PRICE,of course! I like the color combination (light beige, dark bronz/brown, light green, golden bronz and a dark/ deep blue. I love to create smokey eyes with bronz and brown for everyday. They are shimmery, but if applied sheer are appropriate for daytime. They are well pigmented and build able that I can reach desired intensity for an evening look. Very blendable too. The little brochure is very helpful too.It gives directions for a day and evening look.
The staying power is quite good. I dont know how long they stay on its place without primer, but with prime quite long. I've been out for 6 hours and when I came home nothing creased and the colors didn't fade ( true to their claim).
Price is the only downfall for me. 48$ for eye shadow which I don't need to wear everyday is steep enough. But If you are not on budget, then I would recommend it.
.............................. Update...............................
Well, the claim that the shadow stays on its place without creasing isn't true.
I' ve been out for four hours when I came home my shadows were half gone and the rest creased. I did use a prime under it.

At $54 Canadian, this was not an impulse buy. I was immediately attracted to Bronze Amour and walked around with it on the back of my hand more than a few times at the store, admiring just how coppery the copper was and how glittery the gold was, before actually paying the big money and taking the plunge.

Took the plunge and being a pessimist, was sure that I'd be kicking myself. Mais non! The powders were easy to apply, easy to blend, and had staying power. The colour on the furthest right (the highlighter) had glitter fallout unless I applied it on skin that was slightly damp, but that posed no problems. Even the two little brushes that come with the set surprised me as being incredibly functional.

EDIT: After using this for over a year, I still like it but.........have to admit that ALL FIVE SHADES do contain glitter, and all five shades are creating some fallout onto cheek. How do I know.........did a five-day experiment during which I only used one shade per day. I love the glittery look of the shades, but just wish that it would stay above my eyes, instead of finding it on my cheeks a few hours after applying.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have Taupe Craze and it has some of the most beautiful colors ever. It is really soft in the palette and there is tons of fall out. A bit too much glitter as well. Comes with a handy guide that I like. It's just too expensive for the product you get. If I didn't love the colors and the handout I would give it a one.