CeraVe SA Renewing Lotion

CeraVe  SA Renewing Lotion

4.3

Purified water, glycerin, mineral oil, ammonium lactate, salicylic acid, trolamine, glyceryl stearate SE, behentrimonium methosulfate and cetearyl alcohol SE stearate, cetyl alcohol, cholcalciferol (vit d in corn oil) ceramide 3, ceramide 6, ceramide 1, cholesterol, pyytosphingosine, dimethicone 360, methylparaben, disodium edta, propylparaben, hyaluronic acid, sodium lauroyl lactylate, carbomer, xanthum gum.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HG Ingrown hair treatment! I was searching for a cream with salicylic acid percentage above 1% to treat ingrown hairs on my legs after shaving. This one fit the bill nicely. Took care of those awful ingrown hairs at the backs of my legs :)

on 4/3/2016 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this off and on for months and I really love it. My skin is really dry, and most "lotion" type moisturizers just don't make a dent in it. Most of the time this does. Sometimes - like when my skin is really dehydrated during the winter - I have to layer it over a bit of coconut oil, but that's the exception. The SA exfoliates just enough to keep my skin flake-free, but not so much as to irritate it (normally a problem for me w/ SA). Lately I've been layering it over my Avene Retrinal .1% cream at night (after letting it sink in for an hour), and I honestly have glowing skin when I wake up. Amazing stuff.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/18/2016 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As a committed lover of salicylic acid, I decided to give this product a try. I didn't need it per se, but I did have a heat rash that could use help clearing up. Well it cleared that up and then some, my hands felt like polished glass after using this! Holy smoothness! I have been using it after a body spray on my bf's persistent bacne, and it's really helping with that. He has no new inflamed cysts and everything else is healing up. Very nice product. I have used it as night cream a couple of times, and I recommend that too. I wouldn't do it every night, I have a feeling it could lead to break outs and also it's very sticky and tacky on the face, but every once and awhile it's good for a kick in the pants. High performing product, does exactly what it claims to. Only complaint is it's a bit pricey for the amount. This product has such an immediate smoothing effect I refer to it as "the magic cream". Pretty cool.

I got this from my dermatologist after coming in with windburn and dry patches. This made my skin so soft and my dry, flaky skin had disappeared after only a couple days of using this! I will be purchasing a big bottle of this to have on hand during the cold months

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This broke me out immediately and I mean IMMEDIATELY. Back to CVS, back to the drawing board

on 1/4/2016 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I use this as a hand lotion and absolutely love it! Normally by this time in the winter, my hands are super dry, but after using this for the past month, my hands are soft and moisturized. I've used this lotion as a body moisturizer too, and it is hydrating and very softening. Another plus is that it's unscented. I'm very impressed with CeraVe products in general. They're high quality and effective yet very reasonably priced.

on 11/21/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried the cream version after seeing a favorable review and decided to give it a try. The review said that it addressed dry, bumpy skin. After using it for several weeks I realized that my dry, bumpy arms were actually smooth and soft! I use it right after bathing while still damp. I do not use it specifically as a hand cream but have found that my hands are much softer than before. The tub is large and lasts quite awhile. I am on my second tub and will continue to use as long as it is available.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a terrific drugstore moisturizer for everyday use. Although it appears to be meant primarily for use as a body cream, I use it exclusively as a face moisturizer. It sinks into my skin very easily, is extremely hydrating (more so than the standard CeraVe formula), but not at all gross like some moisturizers can be. It also feels like a "real" moisturizer with positive long-term benefits rather than the kind that's more like a temporary placebo, if that makes sense.

It leaves my skin feeling very soft, though ever so slightly sticky/tacky (but not in a bothersome way). I'm mildly prone to very occasional milia (odd little painless white bumps that are neither pimples nor whiteheads) and I haven't had a recurrance since I started using this several months ago (though it took a product specially formulated for milia from Paula's Choice to deal with one especially stubborn bump that even CeraVe SA couldn't tackle). I can't be 100% certain, but I'm inclined to credit the salicylic acid in this lotion for preventing more milia.

I tend to use at least a couple of pumps in the evening, and a half pump in the morning. It layers well over my serum/retinol products and under my sunscreen, primer and foundation.

San Francisco specific info: It can be a little bit harder to find in store in San Francisco but both City Target and Bed Bath and Beyond usually have it in stock. Here, BB&B is usually the cheapest place and also seems to have the most extensive selection of CeraVe products in-store (stupidly, their website only lists three products from this brand when in fact, the actual store carries pretty much the whole line, along with cheaper house brand copycats!). Walgreen's and CVS are kind of hit or miss and tend to carry a more limited selection of CeraVe stuff.

on 5/13/2015 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I originally bought this for my body, as I am always struggling to find something that doesn't irritate my skin. I have oily, but dehydrated acne prone skin on back and shoulders. This bothered the skin on my body. But oddly enough it works very well as a night moisturizer for my face. If I'm stressed or tired, I put a generous amount on my face at night, and wake up with smooth acne-free face!

Great body lotion for very dry sensitive skin! The only reason I give it 4 out of 5 stars is because it only comes in an 8 oz bottle! CeraVe please answer our prayers and make this in a bigger bottle (12oz would be ideal like your Hydrating Cleanser) because now I use it on my body and as an every day facial moisturizer because it is that amazing. I started off using CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, 12 Ounce with this Moisturizing Cream but found the cream was not ideal for my extra dry skin. Keep in mind my face is the type that has to use regular made for body lotion on it and not facial moisturizers. Facial moisturizers always end up being a waste of time and money for me as they are never enough moisture. This moisturizing cream would be perfect for someone with somewhat dry normal skin. I had already been using their Cerave Sa Renewing Skin Lotion, 8 Ounce on my body and decided to give it a try on my face. Glad I did. I saw noticeable results right away. Patches on my face that had been flakey were gone. Even a small blemish on my chin seemed to not be as red and noticeable. I was also glad to see that unlike the moisturizing cream this also absorbs better into the skin to allow me to wear it under liquid foundation! All and all it's a god sent. Now we just need to get CeraVe to make it in a larger bottle for us.