CeraVe SA Renewing Lotion

CeraVe  SA Renewing Lotion
SA Renewing Lotion

4.3

Purified water, glycerin, mineral oil, ammonium lactate, salicylic acid, trolamine, glyceryl stearate SE, behentrimonium methosulfate and cetearyl alcohol SE stearate, cetyl alcohol, cholcalciferol (vit d in corn oil) ceramide 3, ceramide 6, ceramide 1, cholesterol, pyytosphingosine, dimethicone 360, methylparaben, disodium edta, propylparaben, hyaluronic acid, sodium lauroyl lactylate, carbomer, xanthum gum.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This does what it says it will. I was getting those little bumps on the underside of my arms, so I decided to try this. For real, one night of application and I noticed an improvement the next day. It also works really well on my heels and toes (my toes get particularly dry for some reason...?). Anyway, I highly recommend this. It's light and smooths out nicely without being greasy, and doesn't really have a scent so it won't clash with perfume or whatever,

on 4/22/2017 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This product has seriously changed my life. I have terribly dry skin with mild eczema on my face. I was also getting a bit of cystic acne, and nothing I did was making my skin any better. The first few times I used this it did make my face rather sticky, so I only used it at night. As my skin began to get used to it I no longer had the sticky feeling. The eczema on my face completely cleared up and I have had little to no acne since I've started to use this. This is now my go to daily moisturizer.

on 2/21/2017 11:28:00 PM

My normally combo skin went completely crazy on me. It's still pretty oily in places but started to get so so so dry in others. so much so that my makeup started to separated around my chin and jawline. I think the combo of extreme stress, hormonal imbalances and lack of sleep is messing with my skin. I tried a bunch of moisturizers but nothing did the trick. I read the reviews and wanted to give this a try. I started at night and it is very moisturizing but like another user said, very very sticky feeling that won't go away. I tried it under makeup and needless to say it was a disaster so I stuck to putting it on a night only. Every single time I woke up, I woke up to new whiteheads, something I rarely get. I thought maybe it was dairy intake or stress but it was very clear that I broke out after wearing this at night. My skin is a mess now and all I can think of is that it's this lotion because that is the only change in my moisturizing routine. So sadly for me this was a no for my face. I will try on my chest and neck to see if it helps with some other issues I've been having (stupid stress!)

This is an excellent product - it is formulated properly so it can do the job it claims to do. I have dry, sensitive acne prone skin that is very delicate and easily irritated. I have been using this now for about a month, only at night. It has quickly replaced other exfoliate products as it is both gentle and effective. I use Fresh Seaberry oil cleanser followed by La Roche Posay foaming cleanser, Missha First Essence and then this, with my Cliniderm eye cream last. I have been happy with my skin which is really saying something.

on 2/11/2017 1:43:00 PM

So, it does what it's supposed to do, but it leaves my skin STICKY. For HOURS. I'm hypersensitive to the feeling of lotion, but this is a really uncomfortable side effect of this product. However, putting it on before bed allows me to mostly sleep through the gross feeling, waking up with hydrated, smoother skin. It's basically like AmLactin, but smells a wee bit better. I'd buy this over that lotion again, as it works. But I wish it weren't so sticky and I wish it smelled better.

on 2/9/2017 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I tried this after needing a lotion this winter for my sensitive and acne-prone skin, and seeing that the ingredients don't seem to have many pore-cloggers. It feels more liquidy than the regular CeraVe lotion, not as whipped, and it's non-greasy but moisturizing on my face. It sometimes tingles a bit, but this only lasts for a few seconds and it does not irritate my skin or make it red. So far, after using it about 2 months, it hasn't caused breakouts or blackheads for me. I get cystic acne pretty often, and this lotion doesn't seem to aggravate it or make it come more often. I like how it makes my skin smooth and comfortable - I don't think the SA or the AHA are doing much, because I believe the pH is a bit too high, but that's not something I was looking for, so it's not a negative for me.
Edit: After a few months of using this, I determined that there's something my facial skin doesn't like about it...I'm thinking it doesn't provide enough hydration. I'm going to use it up on my body.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Wholly Molley! This stuff is a miracle like someone posted previously. My skin (facial) has been going haywire for almost a year now with rough texture and dryness. The last couple weeks I have actually been uncomfortable with tightness and a bit of a raw or stinging feeling. Have absolutely dried everything from high end creams to Cetaphil cream. Last week I bought the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser and the regular CerVe cream in the tub with the pump. No luck. But, the cream is working wonderfully on my body! So, after reading reviews on this Renewing SA lotion and how so many seem to like it, I thought I'd try it. Really didn't have anything to lose and my next step was calling a Derm. IDK, but it must be the exfoliating qualities of the AHA's and BHA's. Although, I tried my electric brush as well as manually with Clinique's 7 Day Scrub with no results. Anyway, I'm ecstatic that my skin is at about 95% after only 24 hours. This lotion has a very nice consistency, sinks in and leaves my skin feeling velvety and moisturized. And the price $16.99 for 8oz is a great value. The bottle says it is non comedogenic so I'm hoping I don't break out as I have a tendency even at age 64 to get cosmetic induced acne. I'm thinking the salicylate acid in it will help with that as well. I feel a slight sting similar to the Clinique Clarifying Lotion with salicylate acid, but only lasts a few minutes. Makes me feel it's working! IMPORTANT that you use sunscreen when using these exfoliating acids. The newer skin that is exposed is extremely vulnerable to sunburn. Just really pleased so far and so happy when I touch my face to feel soft, smooth and comfortable again!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've had KP on my upper arms and the back of my thighs since childhood and within the past 5 years, on my face:( ! I started wearing more make up to try and cover it, I tried face masks, coconut oil (which made my face break out but seriously helped the rest of my body) I thought I was just gonna have to save up money to get some kind of professional peel done, but after reading the reviews on this I went to CVS right away and got it. Using it with the Cera Ve hydrating cleanser; my face is almost completely transformed to the point I can't believe it's my skin! And if I'm somewhere where I don't have coconut oil I can use it for my arms and thighs too! After solid use for 1.5 weeks. I'm so happy with this and will continue using it.

on 1/2/2017 4:56:00 PM

My HG. Seriously.

Since my teens, I've suffered from rough, chicken skin on my thighs and triceps areas. I tried every lotion out there, even some of the pricey glycolic acid ones. My Salux cloth helped a bit, but the skin always felt rough, itchy, and each hair follicle was topped with a tiny red dot. Ugly. Uncomfortable. Ew.

After many years, I discovered my chicken skin problem was actually pilaris keratosis. Go figure. My dermatologist prescribed various things, but none of them did much. Surprisingly, when I went gluten-free, my skin improved some, but it never really went away.

Then I tried CeraVe SA lotion. I applied it after every shower, alternating between it and the thicker CeraVe SA cream. Within 3 applications my chicken skin was GONE. The pilaris keratosis was replaced with baby smooth skin like I've never had before.

I hope they NEVER stop making this stuff.

on 11/4/2016 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This stuff saved my skin!!! Definitely HG status. I use this for my face. It has replaced all the expensive creams that I have bought at Sephora and from spas. I can't believe I wasted so much money on expensive products that did nothing for the flaking, sensitive, dry skin surrounding my mouth and on my chin. I use it with the Cerave dry skin cleanser. I stumbled upon this in the pharmacy and I wish I had discovered this stuff sooner. It would have saved me a year and a half of frustrations and money wasted.