3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

This cream and serum from the same line save my life. I have acne skin, and get sign of age already. I always need to choose between clear skin and anti-age effect I have tried all high end products in the market and nothing has done too much. Something stops the acne, but give me larger pore (e.g., SK-II); something gives me a good total lift but breaks me out (like Stimuskin cream from Darphin, or Lancome precious, or Prevage). Only Predermine has offered clear skin as well as a plump-up effect of my face. I use Predermine serum as well as the cream. They are both very fresh and light, but with enough moisturising. At night, I put face oil (rose, Tangerine, or jasmine) from Darphin as well, on top of the cream, which leaves my skin feel even more nutritious, but never any more acne. I would say Stimulskin definitely has much more lifting and firming effect compared to Predermine, however, I think Stimulskin is just too rich for me. So I use Stimuskin only under my eye (the face cream, not the eye cream, the eye cream from Stimulskin is not as powerful as the face cream.)

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

5 years ago

I got couple generous travel size jars after splurging on Darphin's other product. I did use it for more than a month. I am just over my 30 now so maybe I am too young to see this cream's benefit. This cream is a bit too heavy for me sensitive combination skin. It even was too rich that causes my couple small suspicious dumps on the side of my cheeks during spring. I have to wait for cold days to use it and to be honest the majority of product did go to my neck after all. I am glad I didn't pay this product myself or it would really be a waste of money. I love many of Darphin's product, specially the Aromatic purifying balm. Please do try if you haven't. It's a great night time treatment that give me an awesome glow and complexion the next day. But the Predermine cream is just not for me.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

11 years ago

I tried a few samples of this cream and although it felt very nice, I was shocked to see that it has so many chemicals and mineral oil in it. Come on Darphin, get with it! Your line is supposedly nature based and yet you use a ton of chemicals in some of your creams. I will not use mineral oil or petrolatum on my skin ever again so I will not be purchasing this product. I find that Stimulskin Plus is much better and has less chemicals in it. Darphin should really think about reformulating this cream with better, more natual ingredients. If they can do it with their new lip balm, they can do it with a face cream.

About reviewer (195 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

1.0

11 years ago

I love Darphin but this rich cream did nothing for my dry winter skin. I've gone through multiple jars of their Arovita C cream (the original) and while it isn't emollient enough to use on its own during these cold months, it delivers a lovely glow to my skin and has a very elegant, layerable texture. This product just seemed to sit on my skin.

About reviewer (188 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

14 years ago

Wow, when patches of my sensitive combination skin turned really dry and started to flake off I tried everything in my arsenal and nothing worked. Finally out of desperation I tried a sample of Predermine that I had saved -- it miraculously restored my skin back to normal after a couple days. I would buy the full-size but it's just too darn expensive - sigh.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBrown

14 years ago

I tried the deluxe sample received from Neiman Marcus in conjunction with the Predermine Serum for three weeks. Totally useless. Very strong fragrance but not unpleasant. It is an ok cream, but nothing special to justify the price tag. Would not purchase.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlack

14 years ago

I am reviewing the sample which lasted me about a month of fairly continous use. My skin wasn't hydrated very well but felt and looked noticeably firmer smoother. However, will not purchase the actual product since it is too expensive!

About reviewer (95 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

15 years ago

This cream is not bad but it is not special either. It is an average cream, probably a bit oldfashioned. I can't compare it with Darphin Arovita C cream which is so much better but I can't say that Predermine Cream made any harm to my skin. It is a collagen cream for mature skin so there's no need for you to use it if you are 20. But on the other side if you are more mature why to use this instead of Arovita C?*****UPDATE (09/30/2006): I have to update this. I've never purchased this cream, I only tried a couple of samples long ago (maybe 6 years ago)... These days I got a sample of this cream again and I tried it again: what a surprise - the cream I didn't like has turned to be very good. I used it for 3 nights as a night cream and I woke up with a soft, fresh, regenerated skin in the morning. The texture of Predermine Cream seems different to me now from the one I remember - is it possible that it has been reformulated? (Yes, it is possible, why not!?). The other possible thing is - I was probably too young for it when I tried it years ago... I remember like the cream was thicker, now is softer in consistency but very velvety. Anyway, I like it... Probably my next Darphin purchase...4+ ***EDIT*** (01/23/2007): Back to 3 lippies. I purchased this cream for my evening routine and have used it with Jasmine oil (for 2 months now). I must say that in long term I haven't seen much benefits... Arovita C cream is definitely better (much better!) for me and I won't be buying Predermine cream again.

About reviewer (819 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

16 years ago

Mother got a sample of this and after reading the ingredients I'm going to use it on my feet where I think it will be beneficial... junk like this really does nothing for aging skin or wrinkles your better off using *mineral oil* :)

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal

HairBrunette

16 years ago

The best place to use this cream is a light layer on your forehead. It breaks out my cheeks, but my forehead, which is very sensitive, loves it. It moisturizes really nicely.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age19-24