Nicole Top Coat Plus

1.4

Top Coat Plus? More like Top Coat Minus. Seriously, folks, do not waste your money on this product. It was a sad, sad experience for me--I thought I was just doing it wrong, because every.single.time I did my nails, I would wind up with sheet marks all over them. Oh, and this happened even when I did my nails in the morning. Now, I don't think my expectations are sky-high, but it really shouldn't take your top coat 12+ hours to dry. It isn't all that shiny on your nails, either. Skip this one.

I bought this a couple of months ago and everytime I used it on my manis it would always bubble up. I kept wondering why until I recently painted my nails but on one of them I didn't use a top coat and the bubbles went down significantly. Save yourself the money and don't buy this top coat!

I don't love this. It doesn't set quickly and doesn't prevent smudges or dents. It goes on fine, albeit a bit too thin, and helps a bit with maintaining the duration of the polish. There is also no shrinkage. But overall I would not use this again, let alone buy it again. Get Essie Good to Go or Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Clear for a top coat instead, you're better off.

One of the worst products I've ever used, hands down! I'm not very picky when it comes to beauty related products- I try to make things work even if they don't meet my expectations or live up to their claims exactly.

But this top coat is an exception. This is the first and ONLY time I became so frustrated with a beauty product that I had to return it! No matter whether I did thick or thin coats, no matter what brand polish I used, this bubbled EVERY TIME! Plus it never dried completely, even if I did my nails 10 hours before going to bed I'd still wake up the next morning with sheet marks all over. Awful!

Thank goodness for Ulta's wonderful return policy!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like this product, unlike most people. I think it helps quite a bit to prevent chipping although it's better over polishes that already have good staying power. I haven't noticed it bubbling as some have. It does have some nuances, I think you're better off painting your nails one day and applying this the next because otherwise it takes forever for everything to dry. I like it, it seems to give a nice coat of shine and a little extra lasting power. You just have to give it plenty of drying time and not expect it to work miracles on cheap polishes. I should include--I think mine was only $6-7 so I feel like I got my moneys worth, if it had been $10.50 I would be really disappointed.

BUYER BEWARE. Applied nicely until it dried, SO MANY BUBBLES! And after all that effort of nicely painting my nails they've been ruined by this horrible product.

Horrible! Used to be a nice top coat. Went to repurchase a few months ago and somehow the formula changed. It took forever to dry and still left imprints (sensitive to the touch) when it was finally dry. Now trying Seche Vite. So far so good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Same as some other readers, I wish I would have read this before buying. I guess I just assumed when in the store, Nicole is associated with OPI, which means it must be decent. I see everyone says their polish chips within a few days of applying, and amazingly that is not my problems/grip with the product. The problem I have is that it bubbles. No matter what nail polish I use the top bubbles. I put it on in a thin layer, and than by the time it dries...boom. bubbles. It looks terrible, and like many have said, it doesn't end up shiny. I've used my basecoat and many different polishes without a top, and no bubbles. But whenever I use this, it looks terrible. It's going in the trash. Too bad I wasted $7.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nice until it dries... Bubbly, then it gets more bubbly! Really crappy if you've spent a while doing nail art or any design/special manicure.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles. No matter how long I let my polish dry underneath, this stuff forms bubbles. No thank you -- I'd rather have my polish chip than have it look like a crocodile's butt, which is does now because of this topcoat. I don't see myself using this topcoat even out of desperation, so I highly recommend avoiding it!