Makeup Geek Eyeshadow (All)

Makeup Geek  Eyeshadow (All)

3.7

Ingredients: Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyisobutene May Contain: Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Kaolin, Polyethylene, PTFE, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Lauroyl Lysine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Methicone, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Ultramarines CI 77007, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Manganese Violet CI 77742dc Black No. 2 CI 77266, C13-16 Isoparaffin, C12-C14 Isoparaffin, C13-C15 Alkane, Carmine CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 6 Lake CI 15850, Tin Oxide, Zinc Stearate

on 8/11/2017 9:13:00 AM

Last year about this time I had one eye shadow and I would only wear on special occasions. My daily look was a black or brown (sometimes gray) eyeliner. For some reason I decided to go ape on eye shadows and have since then accumulated quite a few single shadows and 7 palettes. One thing that was missing was matte shadows, and that is where I turned to Makeup Geek.

Right now I only have three, Shimma Shimma, Peach Smoothie and Creme Brulee. I do like these shadows, I am not an eye shadow expert by any means and have not experimented with high end brands. MUG are probably the priciest shadows that I own.

Shimma Shimma - I use this for all over the lid, nice champagne color
Peach Smoothie - use this a lot for a transition shade, may experiment with it as a lid color.
Creme Brulee - I like this one too, can be used for transition shade or lid. Nice light to medium brown option

I have my eye on other shades, such as Frappe, Cocoa Bear and Beaches and Cream. I will likely pick these up at some point.
A side note, I also have the travel vault from MUG which I put my small collection of shadows in. I really like this palette, it's very sleek and it has a mirror too. It's around $13 which might be a little pricey but it's excellent quality. I would purchase another one of these over the small Z palette any day. I guess it depends on how many more shadows I collect.

Again, not an expert but I do like these shadows and will likely get a few more. I have more shadows from ColourPop but honestly I like both brands. I haven't tried MAC, but most likely won't as they aren't CF. I have heard nice things about ABH but that's a little out of my price range.

As I age, I find that I really need to get more matte eye shadows as they are more appropriate for my eye and frankly more flattering. I find these are really nice shadows and would not hesitate to try more colors.

5 stars!

I too was suckered in by the #influencersforprofit on YouTube and really should have known better, these so called Makeup Artists would sell their Grannies souls for a buck.

These eyeshadows are rubbish. They leave a muddy mess or fade away to nothing on your eyelids.

If you want to know what a real review is, come to Makeup Alley (not YouTube) and go through all the reviews and if the majority are negative, they are the reviews of every day people who work hard for a living who have been conned out of their hard earned money and you can bet any positive review is a paid one or placed by the company and it's employees. It is hard to find honest and integrity in the beauty world these days but they are out there.

Makeup Geek is nothing more than a generic brand that has been labelled. Always check the ingredients list and then go look at other cheap brands like Morphe, BH Cosmetics etc, if the ingredients are mostly the same then they are cheap made in China rubbish that I wouldn't even let my kids near.

Educate yourself and save up and buy quality palettes, it is better to just have one of quality that is going to blow your friends away with how good you look than leave them wandering if you went to a Mud wrestling contest before you came out to meet them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

All around great eyeshadows, would highly recommend to makeup artists. They get expensive when you factor in buying a z palette and filling it, but keep in mind that these are full size eyeshadows and most eyeshadow palettes have pans that contain 1/3 of a full size. That being said, if you're a casual user and you're looking to save money, I would recommend only buying these shadows in the shades that you know you'll use often, so matte shades or fave shimmers. I have 15 different pans and the only one I've hit pan on is my fave crease shade, creme brulee, and I've had that shadow for over two years.
I also have some foiled shadows, which I love despite their flaws. Those flaws being that they are hard to use a brush with, shatter easily, and will crease if you don't use the right base. I still love the finish and use them all the time.
These shadows are cruelty-free and made in the USA, like all MUG products, and I much prefer them over MAC eyeshadows (which are the same price now).

on 2/2/2017 12:06:00 PM

I was excited to make custom eyeshadow palette with Makeup Geek, I purchase six colors to start: Motown, blacklight, enchanted forest, curfew, typhoon and steampunk. Beautiful colors, 3 are duo chrome but I have to say these suck! They have no lasting power, one had good pigment and applied nicely, the purple colors I got went on blotchy and weak, the duo chromes steampunk and typhoon had some major fallout. Even though this brand gets raved about, these are the worst eyeshadows I have used, save your money.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I really like these. I have an extra large z-palette full of makeup geek eyeshadows.
I was a beginner when I started wearing eyeshadow and I learned with these. The ones I recommend and love the most are:
all of the foiled eyeshadows; cocoa bear; white lies; cherry cola; casino; desert sands; corrupt (this is so black); creme brulee; roulette and pretentious. They all have warm tones and are a good place to start with :)
They have the same size as mac and anastasia eyeshadows and fit perfectly into a z palette.
only formulas i like more than these are urban decay and makeup for ever! (never tried viseart)

They're so good. I can only speak on the mattes because that's all I've tried, but they're amazing. They literally blend for you, and they're very pigmented. I've seen that some people have said they don't last, but I haven't had anything like that happen with me. Also I think it depends on the eyeshadow primer / method used. In my opinion, Urban Decay Primer Potion is not the best primer ever, also you should really set your primer with a powder before you apply the shadow! Anyways. I love the mattes, they're very creamy and soft. Side note: the matte black shadow (Corrupt) is not the most intense black I've ever tried, I prefer UD Blackout, but it's decent!!

on 12/16/2016 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have only tried the foiled eyeshadows in the shades Magic Act, In the Spotlight, Grandstand and Mesmerize, all of which are really lovely. Beautiful texture when applied, almost creamy formula. The downside is that these do crease very noticeably on me by the end of the day regardless of what primer I use - I have oily and hooded lids so this is by no means unique to these shadows but still disappointing and they do crease more than most powder formulas. Because of this I mostly use them on the center to inner areas of my lids & the inner corner, where there is less opportunity to crease, but it's still a bummer. They are also a little tricky to apply as they can be prone to fallout (also get a bit crumbly and messy in the pan so can spread pigment to other shadows in the same palette), honestly I feel like they apply best with fingers but that's obviously not ideal. Still they have a really gorgeous effect on the eyes and I do find myself using them often.

on 11/25/2016 10:33:00 PM

These simply don't last on me. :(

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

OMG. Hands down my new favorite. I work 13 hour days, this shadow stays put, with all it's vibrancy, the entire time. Sometimes when I get home my husband asks me if I put makeup on at work before I left-nope! I have to use a primer, I find these work best with UDPP. I bought 2 bundles, for a total of 18 eye shadows, & every single one is killer. Mostly mattes, a couple shimmers & 3 foils-they're all amazing. I currently own 2500 eyeshadows, these are at the very top for performance. Beats out MAC by light years-I haven't even bought any MAC in almost 5 years, that company is so awful now. Better than Morphe, Inglot, BH, Coastal, even my beloved UD. Cannot wait to get more!!

on 11/1/2016 5:16:00 PM

I got sucked in by the You tube reviews and how great the eye shadow looked on the person reviewing and applying the product on their eyes. I purchased 12 Make up geek eye shadows, mostly mattes and 1 foil. A total waste of my money! Why? the colors are amazing, especially love the coco bear color. Do they last? NO! I have tried wearing them with and without eye shadow primer. I tried wearing them with urban decay eye primer. No matter how you wear these shadows, the pigment color DOES NOT last. For example, today, at approximately 9 a.m. I applied coco bear, a foil, and latte color eye shadow. Got home today at about 2 p.m. Don't know what color they all are, but they are NOT the color they were when I applied them this morning. The pigment is GONE! This is extremely disappointing. So annoying. I put a small amount of Benefit brow highlighter on today as well. It is still on, and looks like I just put it on. Make up Geek eye shadow pigment stinks. I so wanted to love these and I am extremely disappointed. These eye shadows are a total thumbs down! However, I do LOVE the packaging. The magnets hold fantastic. Overall-----------the packaging and color choices are awesome. Only wish that the color lasted longer than a few hours.