Revlon Sparkling

No Image

3.7

on 2/18/2017 10:15:00 AM

This very pretty, very sparkly polish ONLY looks impressive when applied with a foundation wedge (sponge)... yup that's right, with a sponge! I saw this on YouTube (search for Kelli Marissa Apply Glitter Nail Polish) and gave it a go and it looks like I've got perfectly pink glitter all over my nails, really blingy!

So how does this "nail polish hack" work? Well, because the glitter particles (both tiny ones and larger ones) are suspended in a pale pinkish / clear nail polish, it's very hard to get the glitter effect. By painting a nail-shaped area (that's a little bigger than the nail you are planning to paint) near one edge of the wedge, the glitter remains on the surface while the pinkish / clear polish gets absorbed into the wedge. Now press and wipe the glitter onto your nail. If the coverage is not quite enough, just repeat and dab on some more.

I used a matching shade of pink pearly polish as a base and then after applying the glitter and allowing it to dry, I painted two coats of Sally Hansen's Big Shiny Top Coat. Because the glitter produces a rather bumpy, uneven surface on the nail, you need the two layers of top coat to smooth it and add a bit of shine.

The benefits of glitter polish are:
- the colour undercoat does not need to be perfectly applied, the glitter will cover any mistakes!
- nothing like a bit of bling to brighten up your day / mood
- it can take a lot of knocks and still look good, as long as you have a basecoat / colour undercoat plus a decent topcoat.

The cons of glitter polish are:
- a real PAIN to remove... search YouTube for Kelli Marissa 3 Glitter Nail Polish Removal Hacks for some effective options to get it off again
- glittery sparkly nails may look amazing at night, but maybe less so in the office the day after - but then again, why not! (just something to think about)

on 1/13/2014 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is not a polish. You'd have to use many coats to get it opaque. It's pink fine glitter with larger discs suspended in a clear base. I wish they would label it as a transformer or a top coat. Pretty but not what I was expecting.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a gorgeous magenta pink polish with extra fine glitter that makes my nails look simply amazing. Two coats of this and you are good to go. The pink-toned glitter is fun and flattering, and it looks professional enough to wear with a suit and high heels to attend a business meeting and funky enough to wear on a fun night out with the girls. Who doesn't need a little more glitter in their life, especially on a day like a dreary, rainy Monday? Wear this polish and some hot pink lipstick like Revlon's Love That Pink to instantly turn a cloudy day into a sunny one.

on 1/16/2012 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Do the previous reviewer and I have the same product? Because hers sounds very different than my polish. My Sparkling by Revlon is nothing like hers. Anyway, this polish is supposed to be similar to Revlon's Starry Pink, Facets of Fuschia, and Blue Mosaic... you know, with the fine glitter and the larger hexagonal glitter. I bought this because it looks quite pretty in the bottle. However, when I put it on my nails, I was not impressed. The glitter is very sparse. My bottle has a very pale pink base polish (practically clear) with the dusty rose glitter, so it's best used for layering... Which is not why I bought it. So obviously, it's very similar to the Blue Mosaic polish, just in pink. I personally didn't like it.

on 9/19/2012 1:17:00 PM

Revlon Sparkling is a very pretty pink glitter, it looks almost rose-goldish to me. The glitters are a mixture of large and small. This polish can be worn on its own and layered for a super glittery look, or layered over other polishes. Lasting power was normal for me, about 4 days it started to chip. Drying time was standard for Revlon polishes. The base colour of this polish is rather light so you will have to layer it if you want to wear it on its own. Removal of this polish was a little frustrating because I had layered the glitter so much, and for me glitter is a pain to remove. Nice polish overall though.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

A really pretty clear nail polish saturated with the most beautiful speckles (some larger and some smaller chunks) of rose-gold glitter. It looks gorgeous applied on its own (two coats) or over nearly ANY other nail polish hue. I can definitely see myself rocking this polish near Valentine's Day and during the winter holidays. I would repurchase!

Popular Polishes