Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

3.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I do love the Revlon lip butter in peach parfait its a beautiful product its beautiful on the lips and gives them a little bit of color. There is glitter in it but very little but it does make your lips glossy as well its consistency is very creamy and not sticky.

on 3/11/2016 2:18:00 AM

After seeing lots of positive comments about this product and looking at swatches for weeks, I picked this up at CVS in the hopes that it would be my perfect everyday MLBB color. Unfortunately, I was left disappointed.

I'll get the good stuff out of the way first: the quilted packaging is very, very cute. I like that it has a clear window on the top so you can see the color of the lipstick without having to take off the lid. Also, it seems to be totally unscented, which is good for people sensitive to fragrance.

"Peach Parfait" is a peachy nude-pink color with gold glitter - lots of glitter. Lots and LOTS of glitter. Seriously, I cannot overstate this - I really like shimmery lipsticks, but in the right lighting, this makes my lips look like a disco ball.

My biggest problem is with the formula. For something called a "Lip Butter", I would have expected something more moisturizing and easy to apply. It goes on patchy and takes a few swipes to get decently even coverage, and when that finally happens, my lips have been elevated to the DISCO BALL status mentioned in the previous paragraph. Also, this makes my lips feel oddly tight and almost sore. I half-wonder if I'm allergic to something in this. Wear time is pretty short - only an hour or two - and leaves a bit of leftover glitter around the mouth area.

Also worth noting: the lip butter itself is pretty fragile. When I first bought this, I swatched it on my arm, and pieces of the lipstick immediately nicked off. It's also unevenly settled in the tube, making the higher end of the lipstick smear all over the rim every time I retract it.

Overall, I guess I just don't understand the point of this? I can't tell if this wants to be a gloss, a lipstick, or a lip balm, because it succeeds in being none of those things and doesn't really have any positive effects on my lips. I won't be repurchasing, and I'm not even sure if I'll try to keep using this; lip products shouldn't make me feel miserable.

To Read all 262 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/18/2015 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this Revlon Lip Butter - I've seen very mixed reviews about the level of shimmer, but personally I find it more glossy than shimmery/gold.
I really like the Peach Parfait shade, I have pigmented lips so it's like a tinted gloss on me rather than the pink shade you often see swatched online (it's not especially peachy in colour), but without the mess of a liquid. I've actually started wearing it more frequently than my pricier lipsticks, particularly my Laure Mercier Stick Gloss - the Revlon lip butter has much better staying powder, and no offensive perfume!
I'm a huge fan, and for the price it's hard to be picky. Great shades, staying power and a lovely product all round.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This was a huge surprise for me. I generally never like peach or coral lip colors. I prefer plums, mauves, and berry shades. But this was on clearance and I wanted something sparkly to tone down a too dark lipstick. This worked GREAT. Also when I used it just as a lip balm it was soft and left my dry lips smooth and full looking. This does have sparkle to it much like Chanel's Boy...not a dupe but close. I do not use any lip liner when I use this alone...it clumps up with every liner I have tried except a clear reverse liner so I just skip liner all together. This brightens my lips and wears pretty well, about 4 hours.

I have used 2 tubes of this and just bought a third...I never rebuy anything...always looking for new colors and textures. But this little gloss stick I will always keep on hand.

on 8/21/2015 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I rarely wore it alone because this has big gold glitter that stands out on the lips when it fades. Peach Parfait on top of nude lipsticks gives the juiciest most luscious lips I've ever seen.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am NC 20 and usually dislike orangey color, but this one actually looks fine on me.

I really love this product! I usually wear matte shades but I really like the way it looks on nude lips. I always wear it on top of Essence "In the nude" lip liner and it looks amazing. I get so many compliments whenever I have it on!

on 4/7/2015 4:49:00 PM

Loved it as soon as I tried it. I own a few of these in different shades and thought I would try this colour for a more natural look. Its perfect for every day but also lovely for a night out too, has a slight shimmer so looks really pretty :)

This is my go to lipstick everyday. It suits my complexion wonderfully. The only issue I have is I think they might be getting ready to discontinue it. Anyone know for sure? I have been buying any I can get my hands on. Love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I read reviews before I bought this, but at a low price point I decided to give it a try anyway. I don't mind shimmer or a bit of frost or glitter. Unfortunately, what so many other reviewers have already stated is true--this lip butter is practically bursting with gold glitter! The glitter is actually visible on the lips, and (at least on me) the glitter also migrated and wound up on the skin under my nose and all around my mouth. The color looks so pretty and unique, a really nice peachy pink that leans warm. It is smooth like all the lip butters, though perhaps a tad less so (probably due to the glitter). For reference, I am NW10-15, and was hoping to find a peachy pink to slightly "warm up" my look. I simply can't abide the glitter, though. However, I have since found that the color is very similar to Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin Up Peach, so if you find the glitter is just too much for you in Peach Parfait, give that one a try!

Popular Lips Products