Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer
Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

2.3

Water, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl N-Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Sea Salt, Montmorillonite, Squalane, Silica, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 42090/Blue 1, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so excited to buy this. I really thought it would set my face evenly ready for foundation. It actually does nothing! Being a person who hates throwing away something perfectly good (even though this isn't) I'm still using it. I figure if nothing else it adds a layer of something that can't be all that bad, right? Maybe it smooths out my skin a tad so my foundation goes on more smoothly? I have no idea but in any case I'm going to use up the bottle because the stuff is pretty in the bottle and is even pretty when it comes out. The smell that others report? Yea, bad but goes away quickly so it doesn't bother me. This is definitely not a product for any kind of color-correcting even though that's what it says it does. Oh, well... Ya win some, ya lose some. For the price I'm not fussed.

on 1/30/2018 1:06:00 PM

I bought this on vacation along with a few other drug store brands because I accidentally left most of my makeup at home. Almay is always hit or miss for me, but I had reasonable expectations that this would work for the price. I was completely wrong.

First, the texture is thin. Very thin. I don't like super thick primers but this feels like rubbing watery lotion on your face. I didn't notice a bit of color correction, if anything it really brought my red areas out. Even dry it still felt sort of sticky, but I figured maybe once I got my foundation on it wouldn't be so bad. It was still gross feeling. I left my hotel around 9 that morning and when I got back from a day of sight seeing it was like I was wearing no makeup at all. I'm not sure if it was a combination of the almay foundation I also bought but the end results were very splotchy and NOT pretty.

If it had been hot outside I would be a bit more forgiving but it wasn't hot the week that I was on vacation, in fact it was snowing and I wasn't doing any strenuous physical activity that would make me sweat my makeup off. Avoid this!

on 3/21/2017 2:16:00 PM

I have combination skin with a lot of redness. Not only did this not calm any of my redness, it actually made the dry flakes on my skin stand out. Isn't that the opposite of what a primer is supposed to do?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like the design and the packaging and I did find the colors to actually even out my skin tone. Unfortunately the consistency feels heavy on the skin but the foundation I tried with this did look nice on top.

on 4/22/2016 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Oh my goodness this stuff smelled something close to rotten eggs. It just smelled so bad that I threw it out before I could finish the whole bottle.

I mainly bought this because I wanted something to help with the strong redness on my cheeks. This did nothing for the redness. It did work okay for providing a good base for my foundation however - but in the end I just could not stand the smell.
[0]

on 1/31/2016 11:06:00 PM

I bought this to help with evening out my skin tone, before applying foundation. I have red acne marks from previous breakouts, redness in my cheeks, and oily skin.

This did absolutely nothing positive for me. I actually think it made my redness worse a bit. I mainly wanted help with the acne marks, but got nothing. It didn't make a difference in how long my foundation lasted, either.

Overall, it was useless for me and I don't recommend it.

Okay so me being a sucker for pretty packaging and fancy designs I decided to buy it because I was intrigued by the lavender and green swirl pattern. I have dry skin and I get all dry and bumpy because of my eczema, this was just like putting water all over my face. I barely used any and it was really slimy and grass. IT SMELLED TERRIBLE. and I have sensitive skin and it made my face a bit irritated, it made me look slimy and didn't correct redness, even after foundation, Orwell though. I'll sick to my cheaper maybeline redness control and hard candy illuminations primer. 😂

I like this product well enough. I have the palest skin ever with pink undertones that are always extreme apparent and obvious. I decided to try out a skin evening primer and picked this up. It works pretty well in eliminating the red in my skin! Even in the gross fluorescent lights at school that always make me look super red. I use this under a BB creme and I'm good to go for the entire day. I would definitely buy it again.

on 3/26/2015 9:01:00 AM

I bought this because i thought the green and purple swirl looked cute in the bottle. MISTAKE!

When i tried it the primer itself was actually dark green and purple! The colour and consistency reminded me of slimy mould. It gave my face a blue tinge which i managed to cover up with my foundation thank goodness.

I honestly cant imagine this product would be good for anyone. Even if you had red marks i think the green is too dark to balance anything, it just turns your face blue.

I'm going to throw this out, I would not recommend this to ANYONE!!

on 1/19/2015 7:59:00 PM

This does nothing. Usually am not picky about smells, but it smells nasty. I got over this and tried it for two weeks. I got the e.l.f. primer for half the price I paid for this one, and it is a thousand times better already. I just threw out 3/4 of a bottle with no regrets.