Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)
Perfecting Primer

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

on 11/1/2017 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought the pore-reducing primer, which is similar but not quite the same as the perfecting. When I used the tester of the perfecting on my hand, my skin started flaking. That didn't happen with the sample of pore-reducing, so I went with that one.

This primer would be actually really nice if not for a couple things. Overall, as someone with drier skin, I would say this isn't the best option. If I haven't had a heavy cream on for a bit before using it my skin gets really flaky. When you put it on, I love what it does. It mattifies your pores and does a good job of filling them for a drugstore primer. However, it does not mix with my concealer AT ALL. Sometimes if I'm lucky it barely settles, but most of the time it gets separated and overall gross on my skin. Because that could be an issue with the concealer, though, I think that's more minor. It's a lot pricier than I would like it to be, but it's not ridiculous. The packaging is fine by me.

You could give it a try but there are probably better options out there.

on 10/18/2017 9:09:00 PM

i bought this primer while i was at walgreens because i ran out of the high end primer i was using and didn’t feel like going all the way out to sephora. i have dry skin, but don’t breakout much and my skin in super sensitive. i did some web searches and decided on picking this one out. i bought it and brought it home and just tested it on the back of my hand. it smelled very strongly of chemicals but the texture was good so i used it the next morning. i applied this first and after i finished the rest of my makeup i noticed my eyes felt weird. scratchy and puffy. 3 hours later i could barely open my eyes and a rash appears on my left cheek. my skin texture is now terrible and my eyes still sore. i don’t know what caused my reaction, because i normally never have reactions like this. i highly recommend not purchasing this product.

on 9/20/2017 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have never used any other primer so I can't compare this to the other primer.
I have oily skin and I have been searching for a way to make my makeup last longer without blotting. Then, I heard this thing about primer and I decided to use Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer because all of my other makeups are Revlon products.
At first, this primer doesn't give any difference after applying it on my skin. I saw the difference after applying foundation. I can apply foundation better on my skin. It also makes my pores disappear. I usually have to blot my face after 2 hours but after I use this primer, I can still manage about 4-6 hours, depends on the environment where I work.

Why did I have to spend $67.00 on a primer (Hourglass Mineral Veil) when this primer just gave me the smoothest canvas a makeup can be applied on.

First off, if you are suffering from textures (pit scars, uneven skin tone) with some forehead wrinkling this will save the day for you. I can't rave enough about this primer and it works well for my combination skin.

I also can see how dry skin folks would want to stay away from this primer. It is quite mattifying and may exaggerate dry spots on your skin.

Overall, an amazing primer I will be repurchasing over and over again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just threw this out after using it for three days.

First, it is ineffective as a primer. It does feel smooth going on, but it does nothing that a primer should. My pores were as visible as ever, foundation didn't look any better, dryness showed, and the wear time on my foundation was actually worse than without a primer. (I tried this with Revlon Colorstay, as well as L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow, both of which normally have good wear time.)

Second, it clogged every single one of my pores, which almost never happens to me with primer or foundation. After the first day, I noticed that my skin looked a little congested. After the second day, my skin started breaking out in several places, which is pretty unusual for me. After the third day, I noticed even more breakouts, which is when I tossed this in the trash. It wasn't even worth saving in my product wasteland, as it'd only cause breakouts later.

on 12/15/2016 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I no longer use/need primer but a few years ago when I couldn't figure out skincare, primer was a necessity. I tried out so many different brands. The main issue was my skin is super oily and everything was looking awful come summer time. My pores were gigantic and the texture of my acne didn't help either.

This was one of the few primers that didn't make the situation worse. It is definitely matte and heavy duty enough to fill in crater pores. A good comparison would be eyeshadow primers... Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer is about that thick. If you've ever used Benefit Porefessional the Revlon is a tiny bit thicker in consistency.

While it did help with the oil and texture issues, my one gripe is make up looked cakey. Both mineral powders and liquid foundations looked spackled on because the Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer is really hard to thin out on the skin. If you are dry skinned, don't touch this. I'd strictly only recommend it to those with normal - very oily skin.

I no longer use this because my "holy grail" foundation (Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse) does everything I need. But to every other pizzaface out there, go for it.

on 11/10/2016 6:33:00 PM

I've tried plenty of drugstore primers and my number one complaint is that they make me feel kinda oily- Maybelline was the worst! This stuff definitely feels more high end with a more affordable price. I use it under my urban decay bb cream.

I have a sad wasteland of bottles of primer under my sink and I'm so happy to finally find one that works! I love the airbrushed quality that this gives and at a price that can't be beat. *Note: this primer works well with foundations with mineral sunscreens in them, such as IT cosmetics CC. It may not jive with those with physical sunscreens, depending on the other ingredients.

Worst thing for my skin. Bought this only because Target was out of Maybelline Baby Skin (my all time fav primer) It dried me out so bad and my foundation refused to blend in with this stuff.

on 5/2/2016 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This felt lovely when I first applied it but does not work well for me under foundation. I used Revlon colourstay foundation on top and it was difficult to blend and very cakey when worn with the primer. I tried with other foundation brands and found it created the same unworkable texture. I tried to use a brush, my finger and sponge and still no joy! Really disappointed as there were some great reviews from other users.