REVLON PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

REVLON PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)
Perfecting Primer

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

Ce produit est incroyable, c'est l'un des meilleurs apprêts que j'ai utilisé. Il laisse votre peau avec une finition mate. C'est très durable. Il cache vos pores comme un festin, c’est étonnant, mais il serait préférable d’utiliser un tube plutôt qu’une bouteille, car il est difficile d’obtenir tout le produit restant, ce qui signifie que vous gaspillez du produit, ce qui est dommage car il est si bon et si assez cher. Je recommande vivement ce produit, car il constitue un excellent point de départ pour toute fondation sur laquelle vous ne remarquerez pas vos petites taches si vous utilisez cet apprêt. Ma fondation ne serait pas parfaite sans ce produit utilisé.

on 10/13/2018 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

For me this actually works well. I have oily t zone and very visible pores. I used this on my t zone and waited a min then applied my foundation. Finally. A primer that helped fill in those pores. It wasn't perfect but it helped quite a bit. Definitely an item I'll be repurchasing. I have only tried with one foundation so far. Hopefully it works well under all the other foundations as well.

on 7/30/2018 11:06:00 PM

I really, really wanted to like this primer. Like other reviews I first heard about it from Thataylaa on YouTube who loves it. However, now that she has dry skin I am wondering if that’s why she likes it.

I have very oily skin and I tried using this for a good two weeks with different foundations. It definitely blurs pores; HOWEVER, within a few hours I noticed my foundations would start to crease in my smile lines which never has happened to me before. I also started getting more oily and my pores were super obvious. I blamed the foundations and the extreme heat here in South Florida. I just figured it’s summer and my skin is level 10 oily. But one day I forgot to use this primer and my foundation looked about ten times better. I started to experiment by doing half my face, not use any, use a different primer and realized the culprit of my oily large pores and unflattering makeup was - THIS PRIMER!

If you have dry skin you may love this product because I honestly do see a reduction in my pores after initial application. But based on my personal experience, 1 lippie it is!

on 6/10/2018 7:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

In simple words I hated this primer, it just didn't fit my face and after some time it was itchy and I always felt the need to take it off. Unfortunately I ended up throwing it .

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought the Pore Reducing primer, not the perfecting or the brightening, but I couldn't find a product page listed for that so I'm leaving my review here.

For the record, I hate the perfecting primer and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Greasy and pore clogging, typical silicone primer that doesn't do anything. When I look for a silicone primer, I look for a very thick, almost dry texture that provides a matte blurring/soft focus effect. Crap like the Maybelline baby skin and the hard candy sheer envy perfecting primer do nothing but break me out and make my foundation look disgusting.

I've been looking for a drugstore dupe of the urban decay optical illusion primer. Thataylaa, my favorite YouTuber, talked about the pore reducing primer and it seemed to blur her pores on camera so I thought I'd give this a shot. It's kind of pricey for drugstore but Revlon loves to charge ridiculous prices for everything, similar to physician's formula but worse because revlons products are like, 1/5th the quality of physician's formula. It comes in one of those glass bottles with a pump that you can't remove, and I'm pretty sure I'm only going to get half my money's worth of this primer because there's no way to open the damn jar. Do not be fooled, they do this on purpose so you have to buy more, it's not a packaging fail, it has a purpose.

This does have the sort of texture I look for in a silicone primer. Thick, opaque, dries down matte and blurring. It DOES blur your pores. However, it's not a dupe for the optical illusion. That stuff really, actually works. It gives you the most flawless, poreless, perfected base, even on the most textured skin, and it doesn't break me out. The Revlon simply blurs your pores, but you can still tell they are there. The easiest way to describe it would be that the Revlon BLURS your pores, while the urban decay actually FILLS them and makes them disappear. The Revlon doesn't break me out, though, from what I've seen so far, and that's a plus.

I'm going to continue to use it until the packaging inevitably fails to pump out more, but I won't repurchase it, I'll just save my money and get the urban decay.

on 4/14/2018 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have had issues with not being able to get all of the product out of the container, like others have experienced with this product. Please let me know if you have had that experience with this product or other products as I am investigating the issue. Thanks! ksnyder@snyderlawfirmllc.com

on 4/9/2018 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've actually bought this several times before, just kind if thinking that I needed a primer and this one seemed fine. Recently, though, I wondered if it was actually doing anything, and so yesterday I tried putting it on only half my face, with a very careful line straight down the middle. Dear god, this stuff totally ruins my makeup! The half without primer looked just fine throughout the day, I always have afternoon shine, so there was some oil, but otherwise my makeup held up well on my bare face. However, the side I used the Revlon primer on was super shiny by 10 and had hugely visible pores. You could clearly see the primer line down the middle of my face because that side was crazy reflective and the skin looked noticeably worse, while the other was totally normal. Will be throwing this out TODAY and never repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

IF YOU HAVE ANY TYPE OF ACNE/TEXTURE DO NOT BUY THIS!

I have moderate acne and this primer made my foundation cake, crease and go into every pore on my entire face after about an hour. I've tried about 5 different foundations and types of brushes/sponges to make this work....but it just won't. Save your money and don't bother.

on 3/5/2018 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Grrrrrrrrrr. I'm so ANNOYED about this product. I bought this about two months ago.

The product itself is pretty good on my very pale celtic skin. The trouble is the PUMP which stops pumping when there is still about HALF THE PRODUCT IN THE BOTTLE. I've wasted time shaking, rattling and pumping like mad to get a few drops of this primer out of the damn bottle. I've given up now. There's no other way to open it and I've given up and am chucking it out.

It calls itself a 'perfecting primer'. Well it's not doing much 'perfecting' if you can't even get it out of the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My girlfriend raved about this primer. I had to try this. I love the streamline compact packaging. The pump with clear lid is quite nice for a drugstore product. One pump is enough to do my cheeks. It does glide on every nicely onto the skin and blends it very nicely and does appear to smooth out the skin. It has no scent and white formula. Once applied allow this to dry. My foundation applied nicely. It looked great.

But after 30 minutes my pores were defined and I could see every single pore. It also settled into my fine lines around and under my eyes and made me look 10 years old. I have no idea how the staying power since I immediately removed my makeup.