Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)
Perfecting Primer

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Why did I have to spend $67.00 on a primer (Hourglass Mineral Veil) when this primer just gave me the smoothest canvas a makeup can be applied on.

First off, if you are suffering from textures (pit scars, uneven skin tone) with some forehead wrinkling this will save the day for you. I can't rave enough about this primer and it works well for my combination skin.

I also can see how dry skin folks would want to stay away from this primer. It is quite mattifying and may exaggerate dry spots on your skin.

Overall, an amazing primer I will be repurchasing over and over again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just threw this out after using it for three days.

First, it is ineffective as a primer. It does feel smooth going on, but it does nothing that a primer should. My pores were as visible as ever, foundation didn't look any better, dryness showed, and the wear time on my foundation was actually worse than without a primer. (I tried this with Revlon Colorstay, as well as L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow, both of which normally have good wear time.)

Second, it clogged every single one of my pores, which almost never happens to me with primer or foundation. After the first day, I noticed that my skin looked a little congested. After the second day, my skin started breaking out in several places, which is pretty unusual for me. After the third day, I noticed even more breakouts, which is when I tossed this in the trash. It wasn't even worth saving in my product wasteland, as it'd only cause breakouts later.

on 12/15/2016 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I no longer use/need primer but a few years ago when I couldn't figure out skincare, primer was a necessity. I tried out so many different brands. The main issue was my skin is super oily and everything was looking awful come summer time. My pores were gigantic and the texture of my acne didn't help either.

This was one of the few primers that didn't make the situation worse. It is definitely matte and heavy duty enough to fill in crater pores. A good comparison would be eyeshadow primers... Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer is about that thick. If you've ever used Benefit Porefessional the Revlon is a tiny bit thicker in consistency.

While it did help with the oil and texture issues, my one gripe is make up looked cakey. Both mineral powders and liquid foundations looked spackled on because the Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer is really hard to thin out on the skin. If you are dry skinned, don't touch this. I'd strictly only recommend it to those with normal - very oily skin.

I no longer use this because my "holy grail" foundation (Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse) does everything I need. But to every other pizzaface out there, go for it.

on 11/10/2016 6:33:00 PM

I've tried plenty of drugstore primers and my number one complaint is that they make me feel kinda oily- Maybelline was the worst! This stuff definitely feels more high end with a more affordable price. I use it under my urban decay bb cream.

I have a sad wasteland of bottles of primer under my sink and I'm so happy to finally find one that works! I love the airbrushed quality that this gives and at a price that can't be beat. *Note: this primer works well with foundations with mineral sunscreens in them, such as IT cosmetics CC. It may not jive with those with physical sunscreens, depending on the other ingredients.

Worst thing for my skin. Bought this only because Target was out of Maybelline Baby Skin (my all time fav primer) It dried me out so bad and my foundation refused to blend in with this stuff.

on 5/2/2016 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This felt lovely when I first applied it but does not work well for me under foundation. I used Revlon colourstay foundation on top and it was difficult to blend and very cakey when worn with the primer. I tried with other foundation brands and found it created the same unworkable texture. I tried to use a brush, my finger and sponge and still no joy! Really disappointed as there were some great reviews from other users.

on 4/13/2016 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved it. It has a high-end brand quality. It comes in a beautiful glass bottle. I loved it more than benefit's porefessional primer.

on 3/6/2016 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

After trying drugstore primer after drugstore primer this is the only one to be positive. Albeit it is still pretty expensive ($30) it seriously does work magic on my skin. It smooths my skin and I seem to use less foundation because 1. It seems to reduce my blemishes slightly and 2. Because it helps my makeup stay so I don't have to keep reapplying it. I put it as 4 stars instead of 4 because the price is a little steep for me and the pump bottle design although helps with portion control, doesn't get it all out of the bottle. But so far this primer has been the best one so far. I might wait for it to come on sale to buy it again though.

After I went thru many bottles of this primer I decided to write how excellent it work for my skin. I started use it few years very satisfied with this product, It came in glass bottle without any extra packaging. Packaging is environmentally friendly. Bottle size 27 ml it is normal amount for this category of product. Bottle has pump , it make measurement and application very convenient. It not has any smell. It adsorbs by my oily skin very quickly. Primer contain powder. Powder fill the pores and mattify skin. Primer even out skin ton. Effect last all day. You will not need use as much foundation to put over this product and foundation will stay on surface of the skin for loner time than without primer.
I recommend this product , it available in any drugstore