Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)
Perfecting Primer

3.5

Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Trisiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Silica Silylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Methicone, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides , CI 77007/Ultramarines)

on 4/14/2018 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have had issues with not being able to get all of the product out of the container, like others have experienced with this product. Please let me know if you have had that experience with this product or other products as I am investigating the issue. Thanks! ksnyder@snyderlawfirmllc.com

on 4/9/2018 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've actually bought this several times before, just kind if thinking that I needed a primer and this one seemed fine. Recently, though, I wondered if it was actually doing anything, and so yesterday I tried putting it on only half my face, with a very careful line straight down the middle. Dear god, this stuff totally ruins my makeup! The half without primer looked just fine throughout the day, I always have afternoon shine, so there was some oil, but otherwise my makeup held up well on my bare face. However, the side I used the Revlon primer on was super shiny by 10 and had hugely visible pores. You could clearly see the primer line down the middle of my face because that side was crazy reflective and the skin looked noticeably worse, while the other was totally normal. Will be throwing this out TODAY and never repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

IF YOU HAVE ANY TYPE OF ACNE/TEXTURE DO NOT BUY THIS!

I have moderate acne and this primer made my foundation cake, crease and go into every pore on my entire face after about an hour. I've tried about 5 different foundations and types of brushes/sponges to make this work....but it just won't. Save your money and don't bother.

on 3/5/2018 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Grrrrrrrrrr. I'm so ANNOYED about this product. I bought this about two months ago.

The product itself is pretty good on my very pale celtic skin. The trouble is the PUMP which stops pumping when there is still about HALF THE PRODUCT IN THE BOTTLE. I've wasted time shaking, rattling and pumping like mad to get a few drops of this primer out of the damn bottle. I've given up now. There's no other way to open it and I've given up and am chucking it out.

It calls itself a 'perfecting primer'. Well it's not doing much 'perfecting' if you can't even get it out of the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My girlfriend raved about this primer. I had to try this. I love the streamline compact packaging. The pump with clear lid is quite nice for a drugstore product. One pump is enough to do my cheeks. It does glide on every nicely onto the skin and blends it very nicely and does appear to smooth out the skin. It has no scent and white formula. Once applied allow this to dry. My foundation applied nicely. It looked great.

But after 30 minutes my pores were defined and I could see every single pore. It also settled into my fine lines around and under my eyes and made me look 10 years old. I have no idea how the staying power since I immediately removed my makeup.

on 11/1/2017 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought the pore-reducing primer, which is similar but not quite the same as the perfecting. When I used the tester of the perfecting on my hand, my skin started flaking. That didn't happen with the sample of pore-reducing, so I went with that one.

This primer would be actually really nice if not for a couple things. Overall, as someone with drier skin, I would say this isn't the best option. If I haven't had a heavy cream on for a bit before using it my skin gets really flaky. When you put it on, I love what it does. It mattifies your pores and does a good job of filling them for a drugstore primer. However, it does not mix with my concealer AT ALL. Sometimes if I'm lucky it barely settles, but most of the time it gets separated and overall gross on my skin. Because that could be an issue with the concealer, though, I think that's more minor. It's a lot pricier than I would like it to be, but it's not ridiculous. The packaging is fine by me.

You could give it a try but there are probably better options out there.

on 10/18/2017 9:09:00 PM

i bought this primer while i was at walgreens because i ran out of the high end primer i was using and didn’t feel like going all the way out to sephora. i have dry skin, but don’t breakout much and my skin in super sensitive. i did some web searches and decided on picking this one out. i bought it and brought it home and just tested it on the back of my hand. it smelled very strongly of chemicals but the texture was good so i used it the next morning. i applied this first and after i finished the rest of my makeup i noticed my eyes felt weird. scratchy and puffy. 3 hours later i could barely open my eyes and a rash appears on my left cheek. my skin texture is now terrible and my eyes still sore. i don’t know what caused my reaction, because i normally never have reactions like this. i highly recommend not purchasing this product.

on 9/20/2017 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have never used any other primer so I can't compare this to the other primer.
I have oily skin and I have been searching for a way to make my makeup last longer without blotting. Then, I heard this thing about primer and I decided to use Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer because all of my other makeups are Revlon products.
At first, this primer doesn't give any difference after applying it on my skin. I saw the difference after applying foundation. I can apply foundation better on my skin. It also makes my pores disappear. I usually have to blot my face after 2 hours but after I use this primer, I can still manage about 4-6 hours, depends on the environment where I work.

Why did I have to spend $67.00 on a primer (Hourglass Mineral Veil) when this primer just gave me the smoothest canvas a makeup can be applied on.

First off, if you are suffering from textures (pit scars, uneven skin tone) with some forehead wrinkling this will save the day for you. I can't rave enough about this primer and it works well for my combination skin.

I also can see how dry skin folks would want to stay away from this primer. It is quite mattifying and may exaggerate dry spots on your skin.

Overall, an amazing primer I will be repurchasing over and over again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just threw this out after using it for three days.

First, it is ineffective as a primer. It does feel smooth going on, but it does nothing that a primer should. My pores were as visible as ever, foundation didn't look any better, dryness showed, and the wear time on my foundation was actually worse than without a primer. (I tried this with Revlon Colorstay, as well as L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow, both of which normally have good wear time.)

Second, it clogged every single one of my pores, which almost never happens to me with primer or foundation. After the first day, I noticed that my skin looked a little congested. After the second day, my skin started breaking out in several places, which is pretty unusual for me. After the third day, I noticed even more breakouts, which is when I tossed this in the trash. It wasn't even worth saving in my product wasteland, as it'd only cause breakouts later.