Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

4.1

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Got a sample tube, wasn't too enthused about it as I haven't found a BB cream I particularly care for. Finally decided to try it for some light makeup and was pleasantly surprised! Light/medium gave me a nice glow and gave my imperfect skin some decent coverage. Great for those days you don't feel like doing a "full" face, but still want to look bright-eyed and glowing. Would purchase a full size tube.

on 9/18/2016 9:03:00 AM

I got a sample of this in shade Medium/Light . Most of the time, shades given as samples end up being way too light and too pink for my skin, and I have a hard time matching my skin color with facial products in general. I was shocked that this was a perfect 'my skin but brighter' tint, with enough peach undertones to slightly diffuse and brighten my dark, sallow undereyes. Since this color suited me very well and most other products do not, I'm going to go on a limb and say that a lot of people might not like this color. It does look very orangey out of the tube, which works out great for me, but maybe not for others.

I wouldn't say the formula is truly in part a moisturizer - i need to put something under it, esp in drier months. On moisturized skin, this is awesome. I just swipe a little under each eye, around my nose, over some old acne scars and I'm done. It actually didn't break me out (I get milia from everything). I just started Retinol products and appreciate the spf level. I do only use a little dab though and probably do not get the benefit of the sun protection that way. I tried using more one day but it looked too cakey. Just a little dot works well for me, and I mean little - a tiny sample tube will last me months. I have to rate this a 5 for the color - it's rare that I find a complexion product like this that doesn't make me look ashy.

on 5/2/2016 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm actually quite satisfied with this product. As a naturally warm toned olive skinned person who never burns I have never bothered with sunscreens. I should have but I didn't. About a year ago I finally decided that I simply must start protecting my skin. Thus began my nightmare with sunscreens. I hate them! I have tried several and they all seem to cause different problems such as balling up, staying greasy and tacky, and leaving a white cast on my skin. With this smashbox BB cream I have none of these problems. It goes on smooth and dries down quickly with no lasting greasiness or sticky feeling. No weird gray or white cast and it looks natural. Not a lot of coverage but I wouldn't expect a lot of coverage from a BB cream anyways. It evens out my tone and adds a bit of color. It's not a bad moisturizer but as I'm dry skinned this isn't quite moisturizing enough. When I get out of the shower I put on my serums and a daily moisturizer and when all that soaks in I can put on this BB cream. Its great for daily wear when I want a more natural look and I want sun protection.

on 12/22/2015 5:16:00 PM

This is so much better than the last bb cream I used. I am relatively new to bb cream world, but the last brand was something I bought from Costco. Not too expensive but not cheap either. It congealed on top of my skin. So I decided to try a better known brand and I was shopping online and wasn't sure so I bought a travel size of this. It is small but $20, which is pricey but I thought less risky than the full size $40, since I wasn't sure if I liked it and also not sure about the shade. But no worries, it is really good and worth the money.
But this one melts into your skin and disappears, but makes your skin nicer. Now the coverage is not like a foundation, but more like a tinted moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is heaven sent for acne prone skin!! I use it while on acne treatment, and it didn't worsen my breakouts. I'm nearing the end of my treatment, and I still use this. It's perfect for everyday barely there make up look. A small tube goes a long way. Used mine for about 3 months.

on 3/25/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really liked the color, pigmentation and consistency of this BB cream. However, it made my face feel very greasy and oily within a few hours, despite a matte primer and/or powder. I'm not sure if this would be better for those with dry skin, as I have combination, but my face felt uncomfortably greasy (a common issue with some BB creams), so I would not repurchase this, especially due to the price.

I love this product. I have very good skin so this gives me just the perfect amount of coverage. I don't like to wear foundation because it's too heavy and I don't need that much coverage. If you're looking for a light BB cream with very light coverage this is for you. This would definitely not be good to replace a foundation or concealer. I love the way it evens out my skin tone and almost gives me an airbrushed look to my skin which makes it look flawless. My only complaint is that it is a bit pricey (32 dollars i believe) and its kind of hard to wash off. I sometimes have to go over my skin twice with face wash. I was hesitant to purchase this after reading multiple reviews of users complaining about an increase in oiliness but I can say I haven't noticed my skin getting any more oily than normal. It is a good primer for any contouring or highlighting I do also. I really am pleased.

on 1/18/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got the sample size first & I loved it so went & bought it again. The light/medium is a perfect much for my skin tone in the winter. It comes on very smoothly & feels really nice on my skin. It doesn't have super intense coverage, but that's not why I expect to get from a BB cream. I have pretty ok skin so it's the perfect amount of coverage for me for a day time look would not want to use this if I'm having a night out or some thing. I was surprised with how small the bigger version was, it only came with 1 fl oz, but whatever it still gets the job done.

on 7/19/2014 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Last year was when I really got into makeup and YouTube. I read about the hype surrounding this BB cream. Before I bought it I got a sample and loved it. The shade medium suited me well during the summer. I used that sample on the day of graduation and my individual pictures came out great. (It photographs really well). I ended up buying the full-size version. However a year later I think it's not as great. My face is combination and my nose is my oiliest place. It feels nice and looks nice when I first slap it on but over the course of the day my nose becomes super oily. :/
However, it has amazing coverage and it masks any scars and unevenness you have on your face and yet looks very natural and doesn't feel heavy.

Still like it but I probably wouldn't repurchase.

on 7/13/2014 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I quite like this. I wear it over my moisturiser and it blends well and isn't too thick. I finish it with halo powder. I have combination skin that can get dry in winter and it doesn't flake or go cakey or set into creases. I haven't found that if makes me oily at all. The best thing I love about smashbox is the colour matching to my skin. Cannot find another brand that matches my skin tone.