Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Lovely texture and it looks amazing when you first put it on, but it barely lasted through the 4 hour mark. On a hot day, I could see it physically sweating off my face. It also caused me to break out in my problem areas. I had high hopes for this bb cream because of the rave reviews but sadly, I will be returning my purchase.

on 3/20/2015 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm pretty tanned so I'm very wary of using BB creams which have always cast a strange gray tint to my skin. I've used Skin 79 BB cream for a few months in the past before fully realizing it made my skin look dingy and dull. After that I've used Bobby Brown's skin foundation in Warm Honey 5.5, which I've loved and suited my skin tone much better, but now I'm seeking more of a less made up look. I sampled this BB cream in Light/Medium at Sephora and used it for the past few days and I am now #OBSESSED.

It's pretty hydrating, although I put on face moisturizer before I put this on (cause I'm super dry face). A little goes a long way - I use about a pinky nail sized amount and that evens out my skin tone without making it appear I'm a cakeface. It's a really good daytime foundation that provides a slight glow. PLUS, spf 35!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It matches my skin tone really well and doesn't break me out. I do think that my T zone get's oily after using this, but I've fallen asleep in this bb cream and have been breakout-free the next day. I will buy this again if I can't find something better. I also really like the way it goes on, it looks more natural to me than other things that I have tried.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It looks great for a no-makeup look but the reason why I'm giving this a low score is because my skin had a horrible reaction to it. I've used this steadily for the past several months and it clogged my pores badly. My cheeks are covered with closed comedones and if you have them, you would know that they are difficult to treat and remove. My face feels like sandpaper and my pores are enlarged :(

Recently my skin started improving due to Paula's Choice products. I didn't know that this bb cream was the culprit so I used it again yesterday and my comedones returned with a vengeance. I would give this negative marks if I could.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Let me say, this is a BB CREAM. Bb creams have VERY light coverage. However this bb cream has better coverage than other bb creams I've tried so far. I have nomal checks and a very very veryyy oily tzone. I also have dry skin on the side of my nose. Yes, I have the whole package. Did I mention I have acne prone skin? You can seemy delema when I shop for foundations and bb creams. If I get something too drying ill get dry patches or if I get something to moisterizing ill be sooo oily. Nothing works for my oily skin besides the immaculate foundation but hourglass but it makes my dry patches soo noticeable :/
Now that we have that covered, this bb cream did not make my dry patches stand out. It looks pretty natural. I love that. Its not cakey. Not too dry. However it iisn't the best at oil control. Ill use this in the winter but ill still probably have to blot a lot. It you have normal or slightly oily skin I think you'll like this. $40 at sephora

on 8/6/2013 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Smashbox BB cream in medium is my go-to BB cream when it's summer time. Like many people I am much lighter in the winter time, so I use a different BB cream. I tan very easily in the summer and I usually just go to Korean BB cream brands, but unfortunately they are too light for me when I am tan. Smashbox is the next best thing. A little goes a long way and my skin looks and feels flawless. It does not clog nor does it feel oily on me. It is a bit sticky after applying it, but it does wear off later. Coverage is excellent and I like that I am protected with 35 SPF. It is indeed a bit pricy but after trying a bunch of other BB creams in Sephora, I felt like this was best suited for my needs. For reference I have oily skin, and it did not make me feel and look like an oil slick. Highly recommended!

on 7/12/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Based on my research, this was a most recommended BB cream for oily skin, so I bought Medium color. I'm between NC35 and NC37 and it looked medium was perfect match. In fact, this medium was darker than other's medium; however, once I spreaded it on my face, OMG I looked like a ghost or zombie. I had to use bronzer as face powder to match my skin tone. I know now that I need to mix Dark with Medium during the summer.

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream had thick texture and matte coverage than I expected, but it was not sticky. It lasted for a long time controlling oily T zone as advertise said. My face didn't get shiny all night and I got a picture to prove it, so it worked to serve my purpose.

I will continue to use it when I go somewhere, but I'm glad that I bought it in a small travel size. Would I buy again? I don't know...since I'm new to BB/CC cream, I think I will try one from Korea or Japan before I decide; however, I would never spend $40-50 for any BB creams.

on 7/1/2013 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

After reading the positive reviews, I just had to buy it! Unfortunately, this product isn't for me. I have very oily skin, and this BB cream does nothing to control my oil. The other thing that I don't like is it has virtually no coverage, and just makes my skin look shiny. Garnier's Skin Renew BB Cream for oily skin is a much better fit for me... a much cheaper!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I am in love with this BB cream. I have combination skin and I have an oily t-zone. I also live in very hot and humid weather and I feel like this is just perfect for what I need. Fortunately, I don't have to deal with acne. I just need something to even out my skin, especially under my eyes and around my nose. I feel like this is just the right amount of coverage that I need, which isn't a lot. It sets into your skin matte and stays on! I do set this with a powder for maximum staying power. I wish it wasn't so pricey though :(

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
Its matte
Stays on for a considerably good amount of time
Has SPF 35 (good for summer time)
Quick to use
Easy to apply with a brush or fingers
Good coverage

Cons:
Not a good color range
Can easily look cakey if not blended in properly
Not worth the price
Theres little product in the bottle
Feels more like a light/medium coverage foundation with SPF rather than a BB cream
It feels very tacky and sticky on the skin/not easily blend-able