Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.3

Not impressed by this product - unlike other BBC creams I've used it sits very heavily on my skin without absorbing in properly, and I found that over the course of the day it started to gather unpleasantly around the sides of my nose and under the bridge of my glasses. Colour match was fine for my skin (NW20) but again I've had better. I gave up on this product after half a dozen uses and have switched back to my Stila CC cream.

on 1/27/2016 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hated this stiff. It sank into every pore, line and crease and it offered zero coverage. I even used it over a primer and still it looked awful. It became oily after only an hour or so although I set it with mattifying powder. It was a complete bust all around. I can't remember when I used a worse product. So far, Smashbox has been a complete loser for me. The primer was just so so and the lipsticks were gross and sticky. The only thing that has been great have been the brushes, which are awesomely wonderful, especially the powder brush. Otherwise, I'm pretty much giving up on this brand. I'm afraid to try the foundation for this reason, despite the good reviews. If this BB cream is any indication of quality, it's a scary prospect. The texture of the BB cream is fine. It blends just fine, in fact. But it sinks into every pore almost immediately and nothing stops this. If you're young with perfect skin, this likely won't be a problem, but for those of us with flaws, it is. I thought a light dusting of powder would help the situation and for a moment or so, it did. But an hour later, the problem was back with a vengeance. It was ugly. I couldn't wait to get home to wash this stuff off my face. I returned it to Ulta pronto! I exchanged it for Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, which I like a lot better. It goes on smoothly and blends like a dream and doesn't sink into any pores, lines or creases. I can also set it with loose powder and it wears well for hours. If there's some oil breakthrough, then a few blotting papers are all I need and I'm good to go. It's a much better product and it also has 30 SPF, which is great. All in all, a much better product. Skip the Smashbox and go for Bare Minerals instead. I definitely don't recommend this Smashbox BB cream. It really, really sucks unless you have young, perfectly flawless skin. And who has that???

on 5/22/2015 1:33:00 PM

The thing I liked about this foundation was the fact that the lighter shades are really light.. and therefore quite good matches for the paler skin ladies out there. Definitely more so than the Smashbox foundation which the MUA told me not to even bother with because they don't start light enough, so anyway I tried the BB cream. Great colour match, and the coverage is good for a BB cream, definitely a thicker formula than many foundations. However, that's pretty much the only good points. It totally dried out my skin, and that was with the moisturising primer that Smashbox sells underneath. I was really unimpressed by this BB cream, it clung to every dry patch particularly around my nose. I'm glad I just got a sample and didn't shell out 27 for this product, Wouldn't recommend to those with normal/dry skin.

on 4/5/2015 8:47:00 PM

Well it was a hit & miss with this one, I really wanted to love it but when comparing this to my HG Garnier BB cream for oily/combo - this stuff simply can't live up to it. This sinks into my pore, makes me super oily, the colour is horrible I'm either too light or too dark so I had to mix two colours but even then the colour was a bit off. It's really thick too.. I put on a finger tip on both my cheeks, fore head, chin and nose and yikes it still felt heavy! The first time I tried this I washed my face right away. But then I figured I bought this I might as well get the most out of it, I used it at least 1 week straight and could not go anymore as I stated above. I wanted to try the CC cream but after trying this I might just avoid.

on 2/21/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been wearing this for a solid two months. I was wary to try it because I haven't had good luck with BB creams. For some reason the sunscreen in BB creams tends to break me out--and I don't typically have sensitive skin. And this Smashbox one is heavy on the sunscreen--it even smells like it. But this surprised me by working beautifully for me. Once I was sure it wasn't going to break me out I even started liking the sunscreen scent because it reminds me of summer : ).

I am fortunate to have decent skin, but I find this provides good coverage for most days (if I have something super special going on I will go ahead and use a regular foundation). The best part is that I can set it with a light dusting of powder (I just use the cheapie WnW one) and can typically go all day without having to use an oil blotting sheet. Even my CG RSG needs to be blotted after about 6 hours. I even use Neutrogena Oil Free moisturizer underneath it because my skin is drier in winter.

So this is a total winner for me--good coverage, excellent wear, sun protection that doesn't break me out, and the always wonderful squeeze tube packaging.

I love this product. I have very good skin so this gives me just the perfect amount of coverage. I don't like to wear foundation because it's too heavy and I don't need that much coverage. If you're looking for a light BB cream with very light coverage this is for you. This would definitely not be good to replace a foundation or concealer. I love the way it evens out my skin tone and almost gives me an airbrushed look to my skin which makes it look flawless. My only complaint is that it is a bit pricey (32 dollars i believe) and its kind of hard to wash off. I sometimes have to go over my skin twice with face wash. I was hesitant to purchase this after reading multiple reviews of users complaining about an increase in oiliness but I can say I haven't noticed my skin getting any more oily than normal. It is a good primer for any contouring or highlighting I do also. I really am pleased.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is awful ! What a mess . Coverage is none . It's oily and slick . Sat in my pores and made them look huge !!!! Not what I expected from a high end bb cream at all !

on 5/30/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I hate this BB cream with the heat of a thousand suns. I purchased awhile ago, didn't love the shade, and so it's languished in my foundation drawer. I recently asked around about the best BB cream for oily skin and so many people said Smashbox, and so I decided to revisit it.
I wore it yesterday, applied with a Beauty Blender. By the time I was stuck in traffic on my way to work, I had to wipe it off with a napkin found on the floor of the passenger side of my car because I looked like an orange lollipop. And I was already oily.
Ugh.

on 4/12/2014 4:32:00 PM

I fell in love with this product the first time I tried it. I had a tried a couple BB creams prior to this one and this one in comparison was like a step above the rest. It was less dewy yet still moisturizing. But alas, after using this product for months my love for this product has diminished. I have come to the conclusion that although it does provide a less dewy finish than other BB creams that I've tried in the past and although it looks very natural it isn't as moisturizing as I would like it to be. In fact it accentuates any dry flake that pops up and they are popping up everywhere with this product. I prefer a BB cream that I can pop up sans moisturizer, primer, etc. because as a busy mom on-the-go I want something that evens me out and gives me that little extra boost. My face is very dry and this product doesn't help at all. Therefore, I will use this up and won't be repurchasing. On a side note, I did purchase the trial size (a cute little squeeze tube) and later received another trial size from my mom. These two little trials have lasted about 6 months with everyday use and there's still tons left!

on 4/4/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Hm. My feelings towards this product have definitely changed the longer I've used it. I first came across this product while in the market for my first BB creams/tinted moisturizers and received a sample. The sample of the product was lovely and I eventually ended up purchasing a full tube of this about a year later after trying (and loving) other brands, but not able to get the Smashbox out of my head.

This product does not perform as well as I remember the sample performing. I recall this having a very similar finish to my beloved Bobbi Brown BB, just a bit slicker, and wearing very, very well on my oily skin. (And I even tested this sample in the summer!)

This literally seems to slide right off of my face, even when set with powder. If I touch my skin an hour or so later, product sloths right off. By the end of the day, everything seems to just be sitting on top of my skin waiting to smear away.

I am extremely pale, and the lightest shade is a good match, but I MUCH prefer my Tarte and Bobbi Brown BBs/TMs.

This also irritates my eyes if I get too close to my lids.