Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily and sensitive skin, I would recommend you to stay away from this BB cream. It gives me a massive broke out and it doesnt control oil at all! pros are ...Texture is great and very easy to apply and it has a wide range of shades.

on 2/12/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very average to below average BB cream. I'm going to tell you right off the bat, it is not for extremely dry skin. The formula is extremely thick and kind of hard to blend, but smooth and creamy. It lasts all day, but to tell you the truth most foundations last all day on me. My skin is extremely dry (dry patches are a huge problem) due to many chronic conditions, but virtually flawless, and I'm young so most foundations are going to look good on me as they do on most young people. But this one was an exception because it emphasizes every, single dry patch on my face and it stung like heck. On the days where it didn't do that, the finish was satin-matte but kind of flat and underwhelming. I was not a fan. I expect way more from something that costs $40. And no one, not even those with oily skin can wear this without prepping the skin first, like you can with most BB creams (toner, sunscreen, moisturizer, etc...) because otherwise it just looks like a flesh-toned mask on the face. I do not recommend. I wish we could give half ratings because otherwise I would give a 2.5. It's not great at all.

on 9/6/2014 4:06:00 AM

It's like tinted moisturizer, there was no coverage. I expected more coverage from the product.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've had this for a few weeks and tried it under foundation but today I'm trying it by itself and honestly, it's really comfortable in that my skin doesn't have dry flakes like I would expect. I typically have dry skin (I live in a cold climate) and am not sure how this will do in the winter, but it seems to work really well. I can see this as my get-ready-quick foundation/tinted moisturizer. I tried putting powder on it to set it, but the powder kinda clumped in spots. The coverage is sheer to medium. The colors seem to run dark. I'm light-medium (I'm NC35 in MAC's mineralize moisture foundation, Beige 40 in Chanel's Vitalumiere, and 4.25 in Bobbi Brown). The high price tag makes me think twice about it, but I think it's worth it.

on 7/21/2013 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am very new to BB creams and make up in general, but I got samples from Sephora for Dior, Smashbox, Too faced and Stila and I have to say I am most impress with Smashbox. I picked Medium as my colour and it's definitely not too yellow or too pink, as it is often the case. In Montreal, we just went through a heatwave (extreme heat+extreme humidity) and my face remained relatively 'fresh'. It is thicker but less oily than both Dior and Stila. I highly recommend it!
Yes, it's a bit costly- but it works!

on 6/23/2013 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a great product if you're looking for something lightweight and natural. I don't even have to set this with a powder and it lasts all day. I'm an nc50 and this is a perfect match, however I must say that the price is a bit much. I'm hoping to find a cheaper alternative.

on 6/9/2012 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have been wanting to try BB Creams since it became popular with YouTube makeup gurus. Not wanting to buy from Ebay I was glad when Smashbox created their own line. I bought the Light/Medium shade at Sephora and tried it on several times.

I wanted to like this product because I paid $40 for this bottle but it has failed on me repeatedly.

It flaked on my skin even with primer. The flaking looked disgusting and was so embarrassing. I had a few meetings and people pointed out that my make up was melting or that I looked like I'm peeling.

It did not completely covered my imperfections. I still had to use a concealer. I thought BB creams are meant to be an all-in-one base for face.

The worst part is that I feel this sting on my skin after a few minutes of application (with or without a primer). After an hour of it on my face, I would develop this unbearable rash across my face and chin - like a sunburn. It hurts a lot and itches like crazy that I have to wash off all my make up. I am left with no choice but to go make up free until I the allergy goes away.

This was a complete waste of my money.

on 6/5/2012 9:11:00 PM

The shade "light" is the only face makeup to match me perfectly!! Too bad this bb cream isn't for my dry skin. It isn't moisturizing at all and has a thick consistency. Still on the hunt for the perfect face MU :(

At first I really liked this product because it is a nice thicker consistency and blends quite well. But after several uses I was finding it showed my flaky skin bits around my chin, upper lip and around my nose!! Ugh!! Even my husband pointed it out at the grocery store because the lighting there is super bright. He was trying to pick off the dead skin. LOL!! I like trying new products and I was using Dr Jart BB cream but it was too white for my skin but covered well. I figured with a North American brand I was sure to find a similar experience with a north American skin tone (even tho I'm Asian...but I am not paler than pale.) I find Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in bisque is perfect for my skin and doesn't exaggerate any dry spots. But I was wanting a little more coverage...but less than foundation. I won't be getting this BB cream again. And it smells of SPF pretty bad too.

on 3/3/2012 10:14:00 PM

At first, I was a bit skeptical about buying this...but of course, after weeks of considering it, I gave in. I'm amazed at how much I love this product! It doesn't feel heavy on my skin AT ALL. I have skin that is pretty oily and acne prone, so I wore it on a day that my skin was behaving, and I LOVE it. I lIke that it comes in a tube (hygienic), but hate that it's 1 oz for $40...a little goes a long way, so we'll see how long this lasts. Honestly, I'm loving this BB cream so far