Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used to use the smashbox tinted moisturizer years ago, and when I ran out of the giant 1.7 oz tube, I was disappointed that it had been replaced by the bb and cc creams in the 1 oz tubes. However, since I was primarily using the product to even out the complexion before powder foundation, I figured I would give it a try anyways, and the light shade was always such a good shade match for my neutral complexion with some rosacea in my cheeks. I was impressed with the coverage- although it was not buildable, it evened me out and blurred pores and redness beautifully and naturally. Additionally, it controlled my oil even without using powder on top of it! This is the best bb cream/tinted moisturizer product out there in my opinion, and I'm surprised it does not get more attention. I will always rebuy when I run out.

on 11/7/2018 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I love this so much. It's actually the first bb cream I've fallen in love with. I don't have many skin issues besides oily skin and this week I have a blemish on my chin. I used this like a foundation and then powdered especially where my blemish is. It made it less noticeable but it's definitely still there which is to be expected with a bb cream. This held up nicely at the gym today. I haven't gotten super oil slick face yet. Definitely a repurchaseable item for me. Very nice look. Not dry and not too shiny. Went on with a makeup brush like a dream.

on 12/28/2017 3:24:00 PM

I got this as a sample. I have combination/dry skin, when the weather is especially warm my tzone can get really oily. Its awful considering the rest of my face is so dry. My tzone didnt like this formula. I found this too drying, chalky, and like other users have stated, it is not buildable. It looks very patchy, I use a primer and its still manages to set in to my pores. I just dont like the uncomfortable feeling my face has when I use this. I dont like BB or CC cremes much anyway. Makeup brands found a way to rip us off by diluting the makeup with moisturizer, which you can do on your own, and calling it BB or CC cream. DIY and save some money.

on 11/20/2017 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I believe I used this bb cream for 4-5 months now. I like this for light to medium coverage, extra moisture and 35 spf protection. It's a bit difficult to apply and it's not buildable. So I use a concealer on any dark spots before applying this bb cream and then touch up to give me a flawless glow. After an hour I get shiny so i dont think its perfect for combo to more oily skin types like myself.... but its strange... ive been told im glowly instead of oily EVERY SINGLE TIME, I get so many compliments with this from my family and friends that I don't mind blotting the oil away. It gives me a makeup no makeup look easily without making me feel weighed down. This is the first time I used a smashbox product so I'm impressed :) Ps. I'm still on the search for the perfect hypoallergenic bb cream, not sure if I'd repurchase or recommend to a friend. 3 stars. Don't believe Sephora reviews, they delete bad reviews all the time which is a shame.

on 2/25/2017 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased the darkest one of this product which is light and very airy. Too bad the coverage only last 3-4hrs. With an average price of $39.99 save your money. It is supposed to assist with oily skin, but not in my case. Even with their primer my face was oiled up and color had wore off. This product could be so much more if consistency was added.

on 2/2/2017 11:19:00 PM

This has to be the worst BB cream that I've tried. Ugh. Just thinking about it. Never would I put this chemical laden crap on my skin again.

Pros:
The squeeze tube packaging, I guess.
And the spf.

Cons:
Literally Everything else.
Smells like chemicals.
Broke my face out in hives this has literally never happened before.
Sunk into every pore on my face.
Clings to dry spots but still looked a greasy mess after a couple of hours.
Applied streaky and patchy even with my bb sponge.
Far too overpriced. I can think of at least 5 drugstore bb creams that out perform this.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this. I expect better from smashbox. I'm not even passing this to a friend. I like all my friends too much to curse them with this stuff.

on 1/19/2017 10:07:00 AM

I received a sample of the Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream in light/medium in my January Ipsy bag. I was surprised and delighted with how much coverage this BB cream provided. All of the other BB and CC creams I have tried in the past have been little more than tinted moisturizers, but this one was more like a foundation. It dried to a matte finish and feels like I am not wearing foundation. I love that it is SPF 35 and doesn't feel like I am wearing a mask (as I usually do when I wear a high SPF on my face).

One thing that surprised me was how dark (and orange-y) this BB cream is for being light/medium, which is weird because my skin is usually firmly in Medium territory.

I will likely purchase some when I run out of the sample, but I will have to get it in a lighter color.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This BB cream has a dewy finish and really good medium coverage. If you're skin is more on the dry side then this BB cream is something you should try out.

However, for oily skin people, this BB cream will probably end up making you look like a greaseball in a few hours. So it's probably best avoid it, or try the Tarte BB cream. People with combo skin, the dreaded t-zone area will also look greasy after a few hours of wearing this.

Overall this BB cream is not that bad, though pricey, but it's a department store brand so that's to be expected.

on 9/18/2016 9:03:00 AM

I got a sample of this in shade Medium/Light . Most of the time, shades given as samples end up being way too light and too pink for my skin, and I have a hard time matching my skin color with facial products in general. I was shocked that this was a perfect 'my skin but brighter' tint, with enough peach undertones to slightly diffuse and brighten my dark, sallow undereyes. Since this color suited me very well and most other products do not, I'm going to go on a limb and say that a lot of people might not like this color. It does look very orangey out of the tube, which works out great for me, but maybe not for others.

I wouldn't say the formula is truly in part a moisturizer - i need to put something under it, esp in drier months. On moisturized skin, this is awesome. I just swipe a little under each eye, around my nose, over some old acne scars and I'm done. It actually didn't break me out (I get milia from everything). I just started Retinol products and appreciate the spf level. I do only use a little dab though and probably do not get the benefit of the sun protection that way. I tried using more one day but it looked too cakey. Just a little dot works well for me, and I mean little - a tiny sample tube will last me months. I have to rate this a 5 for the color - it's rare that I find a complexion product like this that doesn't make me look ashy.

on 5/2/2016 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm actually quite satisfied with this product. As a naturally warm toned olive skinned person who never burns I have never bothered with sunscreens. I should have but I didn't. About a year ago I finally decided that I simply must start protecting my skin. Thus began my nightmare with sunscreens. I hate them! I have tried several and they all seem to cause different problems such as balling up, staying greasy and tacky, and leaving a white cast on my skin. With this smashbox BB cream I have none of these problems. It goes on smooth and dries down quickly with no lasting greasiness or sticky feeling. No weird gray or white cast and it looks natural. Not a lot of coverage but I wouldn't expect a lot of coverage from a BB cream anyways. It evens out my tone and adds a bit of color. It's not a bad moisturizer but as I'm dry skinned this isn't quite moisturizing enough. When I get out of the shower I put on my serums and a daily moisturizer and when all that soaks in I can put on this BB cream. Its great for daily wear when I want a more natural look and I want sun protection.