Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 2/12/2017 12:21:00 AM

Like some, I recieved a decent sized sample (shade "light") in my ipsy bag and really liked it at first, so much so I ordered a full sized version before my sample was up. Then I noticed how it settled into my pores by my nose halfway through the day, and the only way to prevent my pores from showing through was if I had put my normal foundation (UD Naked Skin) on top of my concerning areas. I feel like my usual foundation is lighter weight for the same coverage and around the same price.

I think if you have smaller pores it will set on your face nicely, but with larger pores it's not worth it even with setting spray.

On the fence with this product. It gave okay coverage, but I purchased the color in light/medium and I was shocked at how dark and orangey it looked.I think its way too overpriced for what you get. Had to cut the tube open near the end of it, to get more product out as it was too empty to come out on its own. Was floored at how much was actually left in the tube when you think its empty. Trust me, I squeeze and squeeze until I can't get anymore out. Cutting it open there was probably 3-4 applications left. Hate waste on such an expensive product. Luckily it was able to be cut open to utilize what was left. The smell was kind of a turn off too. If I tried this product again, I would probably have to try an even lighter color, but really hesitant to try again at its hefty price tag. Not enough benefits for me.

I gave this product a 5/5 for everything. It is a fantastic product that does the job. It had been my first "cover flaws product" and I fell in love with it. the flaws to this product would be i don't feel like I am paying for a good amount of the product. I felt as if it only lasted me 2-3 months, and I have gone through many other foundations, BB creams, primers and concealers for much longer and around the same price. Nonetheless its a nice smooth liquid that eventually turns into a matte finish. Well for me it did, I have incredibly dry skin that always needs to be hydrated and this BB cream did the job. 100% worth it.

on 7/24/2016 12:48:00 AM

Doesn't have the best coverage and it feels kind of sticky and is a bit hard to blend. It looks natural and doesn't accentuate my dried skin. Too expensive.

on 7/5/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This BB cream is not worth the money. I have extremely dry skin, and this just did not go on smooth and creamy at all. It was very smeary, uneven, and cakey. It started drying before I finished applying! When I put foundation on top -- I layer colored moisturizing products in the winter because my skin is so dry and it's so cold in NYC -- it got even worse and more dry. It didn't help my makeup application at all. It is quite pricey, so I expected a better product! To me, a much better product for aging skin and a much better value is Lancome BB cream. Goes on smooth, keeps you juicy! :)

Ok. I gave it quite a high rating altough I would not buy it myself. I'm looking for a new foundation and I got myself a free test of this product since it seemed to fit into what I was looking for, + paulas choice gave it great reviews..

Pros:
* No perfume
* Great texture, not too runny, not to full
* Can't feel it on the skin!
* Easy to apply.
* Evens out skintones beautifully
* Perfect match to my skintone (I'm...well...L5W3 (C35 in MAC), and I tried fair/light)
* Stayed on all day, not blotting/powder/whatever needed
* I'm especially impressed with staying Power on the nose! With most foundations, both powders/liquid, my nose usually becomes shiny after a while. ..Altough this lucky strike might just be because of the weather here (Cool and dry).

Cons:
* Somehow turned out powdery on my face. Not setting like a powder, more like showing of any skinflake I have.....gah..reminds me of a desert. Yep, I had moisturizer on prior to applying BB-Cream and I was afraid that it would get too "wet"....but no, this BB-Cream turned out "dry".
* I'm not super fond of the packaging. It's a great size, but I keep dreaming about more sanitary packaging choices (pumps for example).

*Price. I Think it is a good price, quite normal for a Foundation...right? + for those whom it works well on, the price is right ;)

So when I first tried it, I loved it and left a rave review. However, now that I've tried several other bb creams, I've realized this one is very subpar. First off, it is very thick and hard to blend out. It tends to look streaky no matter how much I blend.

Also, it doesn't really soak into the skin like most other ones do. Even with a powder, I feel like this doesn't set AT ALL. It transfers very easily to my phone and sunglasses.

After wearing it all day, it began to separate and clump up around my nose, chin, and forehead. I was super disappointed.

The color selection is pretty bad as well. I got this in "light", which is the second lightest color. I'm really pale and I can usually get away with wearing the lightest shade in anything. But this is still very pale on me! And there's only 5 shades to choose from, so I'm sure the next shade up would have been far too dark.

On the upside, the coverage is very nice. It covered my blemishes and discoloration wonderfully. But with all the blending, it took way too much time to get those results! For the hefty price, it just wasn't worth it. Definitely wouldn't repurchase.

If you want a bb/cc cream that covers well, isn't super thick, and last a good while, try It Cosmetics CC+ Cream. That stuff is the bomb.

on 8/6/2015 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Deluxe sample, I think it was a Sephora 100 point perk. It lasted me a couple weeks of consistent use. Buildable formula but didn't mask all my redness so maybe a medium coverage at best. It did leave me looking quite "radiant" until I applied powder then it matted down. Staying power was okay. Due to price, I won't repurchase.

on 4/26/2015 2:47:00 AM

The only reason I am not currently using this product is because I cannot afford to buy it at the moment. However, it is definitely the best BB cream I have ever bought from Sephora. It looks great on by itself, without concealer and foundation. It also goes on beautifully with a sponge or brush. The best part is that it doesn't make me break out, and that says a lot for my skin. I usually wait five minutes before applying on top of my moisturizer and then adding a coat of my liquid foundation and concealer, along with a finishing powder.

on 3/25/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really liked the color, pigmentation and consistency of this BB cream. However, it made my face feel very greasy and oily within a few hours, despite a matte primer and/or powder. I'm not sure if this would be better for those with dry skin, as I have combination, but my face felt uncomfortably greasy (a common issue with some BB creams), so I would not repurchase this, especially due to the price.