Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.2

on 1/26/2017 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample in my Ipsy bag this month. I wore it for about an hour and it made me look greasy. This is not for oily skin. Will not purchase glad I got to try the sample.

This may be the worst BB cream I have every used.... I only tried it twice and could not even literally get it onto my skin. I would wash my face and moisturize, then apply it without a brush the first time and it just would not go onto my skin. It was the strangest thing I've ever experienced with a BB cream and literally just would not blend at all. It was the most disgusting result ever... I had to take it off immediately and put something else I had on. I don't even know how to explain, but it just did not work period.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily and sensitive skin, I would recommend you to stay away from this BB cream. It gives me a massive broke out and it doesnt control oil at all! pros are ...Texture is great and very easy to apply and it has a wide range of shades.

on 4/7/2015 2:51:00 PM

Not sure why this gets such raves. I've tried several BB creams in the past, this is probably the second American bb cream out of all of them. Despite all the skin benefits bb's are supposed to provide, I'm not sure how much or what this bb really offers. Previously I've enjoyed the Missha M perfect cover for comparison (which appears grayish out of the tube but melds nicely into the skin). To be honest I had this in light which was too light for me (I'm between nc30-35) but I tried it anyway. This provided no coverage and I felt that it sat funny on my skin and enhanced my pores. It was not particularly moisturizing nor drying, but it really didn't do anything for me. Not a fan.

on 2/12/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very average to below average BB cream. I'm going to tell you right off the bat, it is not for extremely dry skin. The formula is extremely thick and kind of hard to blend, but smooth and creamy. It lasts all day, but to tell you the truth most foundations last all day on me. My skin is extremely dry (dry patches are a huge problem) due to many chronic conditions, but virtually flawless, and I'm young so most foundations are going to look good on me as they do on most young people. But this one was an exception because it emphasizes every, single dry patch on my face and it stung like heck. On the days where it didn't do that, the finish was satin-matte but kind of flat and underwhelming. I was not a fan. I expect way more from something that costs $40. And no one, not even those with oily skin can wear this without prepping the skin first, like you can with most BB creams (toner, sunscreen, moisturizer, etc...) because otherwise it just looks like a flesh-toned mask on the face. I do not recommend. I wish we could give half ratings because otherwise I would give a 2.5. It's not great at all.

on 12/25/2014 4:55:00 AM

I got the bb cream in shade medium for oily/combination skin. My cheeks is a lighter shade and my forehead is darker. Its harder for me to choose foundation, but I learned a useful tip from the sephora lady.

If I go darker I can use bronzer to contour my cheeks for an even color and if I bought the lighter color I use a highlighter to lighten my forehead.

I went with the darker shade, because my whole body is actually tan and I want it to match my natural skin tone.

It feels like any other liquid foundation but right after the application it makes my skin matte. Through out the whole 8 hours I'm at work my face starts to look dewey.

It doesn't irritate my skin and it does hide my blemishes and redness on my cheeks. I find it hard to remove, but I love how it makes my skin look smooth and protect it from the sun. I would repurchase again for the appearance it gives me and the squeeze tube for more sanitized application.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is awful ! What a mess . Coverage is none . It's oily and slick . Sat in my pores and made them look huge !!!! Not what I expected from a high end bb cream at all !

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't really do much for my dry skin. Felt kind of chalky if that's possible haha! Would be good for oily/combo skin types maybe. Wouldn't buy again. X

on 5/30/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I hate this BB cream with the heat of a thousand suns. I purchased awhile ago, didn't love the shade, and so it's languished in my foundation drawer. I recently asked around about the best BB cream for oily skin and so many people said Smashbox, and so I decided to revisit it.
I wore it yesterday, applied with a Beauty Blender. By the time I was stuck in traffic on my way to work, I had to wipe it off with a napkin found on the floor of the passenger side of my car because I looked like an orange lollipop. And I was already oily.
Ugh.

on 5/1/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This BB cream moisturizes my dry skin without turning it into an oil slick like Bobbi Brown BB cream did. It's long lasting and the Medium/Light shade is perfect for my Sephora 3Y08 skin. The tube is great for traveling.