Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.2

on 7/5/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This BB cream is not worth the money. I have extremely dry skin, and this just did not go on smooth and creamy at all. It was very smeary, uneven, and cakey. It started drying before I finished applying! When I put foundation on top -- I layer colored moisturizing products in the winter because my skin is so dry and it's so cold in NYC -- it got even worse and more dry. It didn't help my makeup application at all. It is quite pricey, so I expected a better product! To me, a much better product for aging skin and a much better value is Lancome BB cream. Goes on smooth, keeps you juicy! :)

on 9/21/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a great BB cream--if you don't have dry skin. It looks fabulous on the skin and wears like a dream. It also dries out your skin. My face looks great for about three days with this then the dry flaky patches set in. I so want to love this but in the end I can't.

on 3/20/2015 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm pretty tanned so I'm very wary of using BB creams which have always cast a strange gray tint to my skin. I've used Skin 79 BB cream for a few months in the past before fully realizing it made my skin look dingy and dull. After that I've used Bobby Brown's skin foundation in Warm Honey 5.5, which I've loved and suited my skin tone much better, but now I'm seeking more of a less made up look. I sampled this BB cream in Light/Medium at Sephora and used it for the past few days and I am now #OBSESSED.

It's pretty hydrating, although I put on face moisturizer before I put this on (cause I'm super dry face). A little goes a long way - I use about a pinky nail sized amount and that evens out my skin tone without making it appear I'm a cakeface. It's a really good daytime foundation that provides a slight glow. PLUS, spf 35!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I was so eager to try this product after reading such awesome reviews. However, it just didn't work for me. I used this product for about three weeks -- applying a small amount and blending. I have broken out all over and in places that I don't normally break out (forehead, cheeks, etc). After wearing the product through the day I would seriously notice several new, small pimples. I gave it my best shot, hoping that my skin would adjust, to no avail. I do not recommend this for acne-prone skin. Pros: maximum shine control; texture was smooth; beautiful, natural coverage; SPF 35 (with only a light sunscreen odor)! I don't typically wear foundation or creams; instead, I use a mineral powder concealer on blemishes and small, redder areas (around the nose) and a light dusting of finishing powder. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts if I use the wrong products. Generally I have only a few hormonal breakouts per month.

on 8/26/2014 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is only the 2nd bb cream I've ever had and I think it's a smooth formula and a great SPF but there is like no coverage. I like it a lot but way too expensive for what it is

on 5/30/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I hate this BB cream with the heat of a thousand suns. I purchased awhile ago, didn't love the shade, and so it's languished in my foundation drawer. I recently asked around about the best BB cream for oily skin and so many people said Smashbox, and so I decided to revisit it.
I wore it yesterday, applied with a Beauty Blender. By the time I was stuck in traffic on my way to work, I had to wipe it off with a napkin found on the floor of the passenger side of my car because I looked like an orange lollipop. And I was already oily.
Ugh.

on 4/29/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have a love-hate relationship with this BB cream. It has some great qualities:
-does a fabulous job at blending into my face
-disguises pores and fine lines
-wonderful light-reflecting properties
-high SPF

However, I found the colour to be too pink (I was using Fair) and the finish never looked natural. I always looked 'made-up,' and I prefer a more natural finish. Also found it to make me very shiny, despite my skin being on the dry side.

on 4/4/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Hm. My feelings towards this product have definitely changed the longer I've used it. I first came across this product while in the market for my first BB creams/tinted moisturizers and received a sample. The sample of the product was lovely and I eventually ended up purchasing a full tube of this about a year later after trying (and loving) other brands, but not able to get the Smashbox out of my head.

This product does not perform as well as I remember the sample performing. I recall this having a very similar finish to my beloved Bobbi Brown BB, just a bit slicker, and wearing very, very well on my oily skin. (And I even tested this sample in the summer!)

This literally seems to slide right off of my face, even when set with powder. If I touch my skin an hour or so later, product sloths right off. By the end of the day, everything seems to just be sitting on top of my skin waiting to smear away.

I am extremely pale, and the lightest shade is a good match, but I MUCH prefer my Tarte and Bobbi Brown BBs/TMs.

This also irritates my eyes if I get too close to my lids.

on 10/30/2013 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Got this in a sephora favorites back as a full size. I tried it that next day and I must say its ok. I like lighter products on my face because I have some acne that comes and goes and I just thought that the bag had enough to justify purchasing this to try. This product is $39 I believe for a full size I paid $38 for a bag with several other products.

So now on to the review

I say this is ok because it did even my tone, got some oils, and felt lightweight.

However, it did not stay shine free for more than 4 hours... and I felt it fade a bit.

So I tried this as a primer under my foundation and I don't like that much at all... looks cakey a bit but I had no time to take it off today because I had work and didn't wanna redo ALLLL my makeup.

I would not repurchase just because its not enough. Too expensive and wasn't worth it to me... Sorry smashbox!!! Not this time...

on 7/15/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great BB cream for the summertime. The Smashbox Photo Finish primer is way to greasy for me for the summer months so this product is a great alternative. I like to keep my makeup very light in the summer and this BB cream delivers some SPF and a nice matte finish. No shiny T-Zone! It's a BB cream so it is less coverage than a tinted moisturizer - but it preps my skin for under-eye concealor, a light dusting of bronzer and blush. Actually, my make up lasts a long time with this BB cream! The only beef I have is the price ($50 for a small tube).

Well done, Smashbox!