Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.4

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Got a sample tube, wasn't too enthused about it as I haven't found a BB cream I particularly care for. Finally decided to try it for some light makeup and was pleasantly surprised! Light/medium gave me a nice glow and gave my imperfect skin some decent coverage. Great for those days you don't feel like doing a "full" face, but still want to look bright-eyed and glowing. Would purchase a full size tube.

on 7/24/2016 12:48:00 AM

Doesn't have the best coverage and it feels kind of sticky and is a bit hard to blend. It looks natural and doesn't accentuate my dried skin. Too expensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is quite a thick BB cream that I try to think of more as a sunscreen (Spf 35) than any kind of base product. It's not great in terms of blendability or coverage, but if I'm going out somewhere and know I'll need a nice sunscreen on and wouldn't mind a bit of coverage, this is what I'd choose. I might buy it again to use this way on a holiday or something, but otherwise it's not for me. (I use shade fair).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this BB cream so far. It looks good when applied with a sponge, and it's pretty lightweight. It doesn't have much of an odor which is important to me because i have sensitivities.

It holds up well throughout the day, although it gathered a bit where my glasses sit on the bridge of my nose. It balances out my complexion well.

this bb cream isn't really a miracle, but it does the job. i will probably try out some other brands after i finish this bottle just to find the right one. i also i prefer a bb cream that is dispensed with a pump, this one's just a squeeze bottle.

on 1/27/2016 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hated this stiff. It sank into every pore, line and crease and it offered zero coverage. I even used it over a primer and still it looked awful. It became oily after only an hour or so although I set it with mattifying powder. It was a complete bust all around. I can't remember when I used a worse product. So far, Smashbox has been a complete loser for me. The primer was just so so and the lipsticks were gross and sticky. The only thing that has been great have been the brushes, which are awesomely wonderful, especially the powder brush. Otherwise, I'm pretty much giving up on this brand. I'm afraid to try the foundation for this reason, despite the good reviews. If this BB cream is any indication of quality, it's a scary prospect. The texture of the BB cream is fine. It blends just fine, in fact. But it sinks into every pore almost immediately and nothing stops this. If you're young with perfect skin, this likely won't be a problem, but for those of us with flaws, it is. I thought a light dusting of powder would help the situation and for a moment or so, it did. But an hour later, the problem was back with a vengeance. It was ugly. I couldn't wait to get home to wash this stuff off my face. I returned it to Ulta pronto! I exchanged it for Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, which I like a lot better. It goes on smoothly and blends like a dream and doesn't sink into any pores, lines or creases. I can also set it with loose powder and it wears well for hours. If there's some oil breakthrough, then a few blotting papers are all I need and I'm good to go. It's a much better product and it also has 30 SPF, which is great. All in all, a much better product. Skip the Smashbox and go for Bare Minerals instead. I definitely don't recommend this Smashbox BB cream. It really, really sucks unless you have young, perfectly flawless skin. And who has that???

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Lovely texture and it looks amazing when you first put it on, but it barely lasted through the 4 hour mark. On a hot day, I could see it physically sweating off my face. It also caused me to break out in my problem areas. I had high hopes for this bb cream because of the rave reviews but sadly, I will be returning my purchase.

So when I first tried it, I loved it and left a rave review. However, now that I've tried several other bb creams, I've realized this one is very subpar. First off, it is very thick and hard to blend out. It tends to look streaky no matter how much I blend.

Also, it doesn't really soak into the skin like most other ones do. Even with a powder, I feel like this doesn't set AT ALL. It transfers very easily to my phone and sunglasses.

After wearing it all day, it began to separate and clump up around my nose, chin, and forehead. I was super disappointed.

The color selection is pretty bad as well. I got this in "light", which is the second lightest color. I'm really pale and I can usually get away with wearing the lightest shade in anything. But this is still very pale on me! And there's only 5 shades to choose from, so I'm sure the next shade up would have been far too dark.

On the upside, the coverage is very nice. It covered my blemishes and discoloration wonderfully. But with all the blending, it took way too much time to get those results! For the hefty price, it just wasn't worth it. Definitely wouldn't repurchase.

If you want a bb/cc cream that covers well, isn't super thick, and last a good while, try It Cosmetics CC+ Cream. That stuff is the bomb.

on 8/6/2015 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Deluxe sample, I think it was a Sephora 100 point perk. It lasted me a couple weeks of consistent use. Buildable formula but didn't mask all my redness so maybe a medium coverage at best. It did leave me looking quite "radiant" until I applied powder then it matted down. Staying power was okay. Due to price, I won't repurchase.

on 7/20/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

As of right now, this is my favorite bb cream! The texture is creamy and pigmented, a little goes a long way! Well it has to with the hefty price tag for a one ounce bottle! I was recommended this product by a friend with very sensitive skin. Like I mean she can barely wear anything without causing breakouts, dry skin, or any catastrophic skin problem! But this stuff works for her, so i decided to over look the price (about $50's Canadian. Ouch!) I got the shade fair, which had just came out when I bought it. I'm so glad that they brought out a lighter shade to match my mayonnaise colored skin, why don't they ever name a shade that? This stuff hides redness, and doesn't cling to dry skin. But if you have acne concealer will do wonders for you. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone wanting a light, natural glow.

on 3/25/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really liked the color, pigmentation and consistency of this BB cream. However, it made my face feel very greasy and oily within a few hours, despite a matte primer and/or powder. I'm not sure if this would be better for those with dry skin, as I have combination, but my face felt uncomfortably greasy (a common issue with some BB creams), so I would not repurchase this, especially due to the price.