Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got this to wear on my wedding day. I HATE foundation - haven’t worn it since my acne ridden teenage years - but my usual spot concealer wasn’t going to provide the right look for professional photos (according to my mom). I refused to wear foundation so we settled on this. I would say this is a medium coverage tinted moisturizer that still allows the skin’s natural glow to shine through. It’s easy to smear on and blend in. It is somewhat thick and moisturizing, so it’s not ideal for someone with oily skin and I wouldn’t use it on a hot and humid day. For my wedding photos, it provided just the right of coverage to help me look polished in photos but I didn’t look overdone. I don’t use it often; I save it for special events when I need to look more formal.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To call this product 'camera ready' is ridiculous, given that it gives very light coverage. For me, having acne scars here and there on my face, this does not make me 'camera ready' in anyway. It evens out the skin tone, but doesn't really give any coverage beyond that.

For me this is a product I can use on the weekends and on days when I don't have to look very polished, but just want to look a bit nicer than my makeup-less self if running errands. I pair it up with under-eye concealer and a bit of spot concealing to look a bit more polished than what this product can give me alone. It looks very natural and doesn’t look like I am wearing any foundation.

The product feels nice to apply and gives a nice glow to the face. I powder it a bit in the T-zone, as I tend to get oily there. The product seems to hold up nice enough throughout the day, even on my oily nose.

I like that the product has SPF in it. It has a smell and texture that makes it obvious that there is SPF in the product, so if you don't like that smell and feel, this product will not be for you.

It's a pretty good BB cream and I can see myself buying it again. I have pale olive-toned skin and use this in the color fair/light. It’s not quite green enough for my skin, but because the coverage is light, it’s not a big issue. I apply it with my fingers.

I think this product is a bit expensive for the kind of product and packaging. The packaging is handy with the squeezy tube, but the design feels kind of boring.

on 2/2/2017 11:19:00 PM

This has to be the worst BB cream that I've tried. Ugh. Just thinking about it. Never would I put this chemical laden crap on my skin again.

Pros:
The squeeze tube packaging, I guess.
And the spf.

Cons:
Literally Everything else.
Smells like chemicals.
Broke my face out in hives this has literally never happened before.
Sunk into every pore on my face.
Clings to dry spots but still looked a greasy mess after a couple of hours.
Applied streaky and patchy even with my bb sponge.
Far too overpriced. I can think of at least 5 drugstore bb creams that out perform this.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this. I expect better from smashbox. I'm not even passing this to a friend. I like all my friends too much to curse them with this stuff.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This BB cream has a dewy finish and really good medium coverage. If you're skin is more on the dry side then this BB cream is something you should try out.

However, for oily skin people, this BB cream will probably end up making you look like a greaseball in a few hours. So it's probably best avoid it, or try the Tarte BB cream. People with combo skin, the dreaded t-zone area will also look greasy after a few hours of wearing this.

Overall this BB cream is not that bad, though pricey, but it's a department store brand so that's to be expected.

on 5/2/2016 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm actually quite satisfied with this product. As a naturally warm toned olive skinned person who never burns I have never bothered with sunscreens. I should have but I didn't. About a year ago I finally decided that I simply must start protecting my skin. Thus began my nightmare with sunscreens. I hate them! I have tried several and they all seem to cause different problems such as balling up, staying greasy and tacky, and leaving a white cast on my skin. With this smashbox BB cream I have none of these problems. It goes on smooth and dries down quickly with no lasting greasiness or sticky feeling. No weird gray or white cast and it looks natural. Not a lot of coverage but I wouldn't expect a lot of coverage from a BB cream anyways. It evens out my tone and adds a bit of color. It's not a bad moisturizer but as I'm dry skinned this isn't quite moisturizing enough. When I get out of the shower I put on my serums and a daily moisturizer and when all that soaks in I can put on this BB cream. Its great for daily wear when I want a more natural look and I want sun protection.

Ok. I gave it quite a high rating altough I would not buy it myself. I'm looking for a new foundation and I got myself a free test of this product since it seemed to fit into what I was looking for, + paulas choice gave it great reviews..

Pros:
* No perfume
* Great texture, not too runny, not to full
* Can't feel it on the skin!
* Easy to apply.
* Evens out skintones beautifully
* Perfect match to my skintone (I'm...well...L5W3 (C35 in MAC), and I tried fair/light)
* Stayed on all day, not blotting/powder/whatever needed
* I'm especially impressed with staying Power on the nose! With most foundations, both powders/liquid, my nose usually becomes shiny after a while. ..Altough this lucky strike might just be because of the weather here (Cool and dry).

Cons:
* Somehow turned out powdery on my face. Not setting like a powder, more like showing of any skinflake I have.....gah..reminds me of a desert. Yep, I had moisturizer on prior to applying BB-Cream and I was afraid that it would get too "wet"....but no, this BB-Cream turned out "dry".
* I'm not super fond of the packaging. It's a great size, but I keep dreaming about more sanitary packaging choices (pumps for example).

*Price. I Think it is a good price, quite normal for a Foundation...right? + for those whom it works well on, the price is right ;)

on 8/22/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very light coverage so it won't cover a lot if you're like me and has moderate redness +acne scarring. Doesn't control oil at all. It has a pretty greasy finish. Didn't break me out, but won't be repurchasing.

on 7/5/2015 5:07:00 PM

I received a sample of this in the Light shade when I purchased a few products from Ulta and I gave it a try. I am happy to say that I absolutely love it!! Not only does it give a nice coverage (medium) but it does not accentuate my pores which I have found most foundations do. The coverage is also long lasting. When I run out of my sample, I will definitely be purchasing the full size which is a bit pricey but I feel is worth it since I love it so much and has given me such good coverage and staying power.

on 5/27/2015 10:40:00 PM

At first I really liked this bb cream. It makes my skin look really smooth, and minimized my pores a lot. Coverage is light of course, but it wears very well throughout the day. It also helps with controlling oil. Unfortunately, something in this bb cream irritates my skin sometimes. I get irritated patches on my cheeks and nose that clear up after a few days. If this didn't irritate my skin, I still don't think its worth the price though ($50CAD). There are definitely some better ones at Sephora that are a bit cheaper or come with more product for $50.

on 5/17/2015 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely THE BEST BB cream I have tried! It lasts all day and is my perfect shade. It feels like a moisturizer and has great coverage. I will definitely buy it again.