Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.7

on 11/20/2017 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I believe I used this bb cream for 4-5 months now. I like this for light to medium coverage, extra moisture and 35 spf protection. It's a bit difficult to apply and it's not buildable. So I use a concealer on any dark spots before applying this bb cream and then touch up to give me a flawless glow. After an hour I get shiny so i dont think its perfect for combo to more oily skin types like myself.... but its strange... ive been told im glowly instead of oily EVERY SINGLE TIME, I get so many compliments with this from my family and friends that I don't mind blotting the oil away. It gives me a makeup no makeup look easily without making me feel weighed down. This is the first time I used a smashbox product so I'm impressed :) Ps. I'm still on the search for the perfect hypoallergenic bb cream, not sure if I'd repurchase or recommend to a friend. 3 stars. Don't believe Sephora reviews, they delete bad reviews all the time which is a shame.

on 9/18/2016 9:03:00 AM

I got a sample of this in shade Medium/Light . Most of the time, shades given as samples end up being way too light and too pink for my skin, and I have a hard time matching my skin color with facial products in general. I was shocked that this was a perfect 'my skin but brighter' tint, with enough peach undertones to slightly diffuse and brighten my dark, sallow undereyes. Since this color suited me very well and most other products do not, I'm going to go on a limb and say that a lot of people might not like this color. It does look very orangey out of the tube, which works out great for me, but maybe not for others.

I wouldn't say the formula is truly in part a moisturizer - i need to put something under it, esp in drier months. On moisturized skin, this is awesome. I just swipe a little under each eye, around my nose, over some old acne scars and I'm done. It actually didn't break me out (I get milia from everything). I just started Retinol products and appreciate the spf level. I do only use a little dab though and probably do not get the benefit of the sun protection that way. I tried using more one day but it looked too cakey. Just a little dot works well for me, and I mean little - a tiny sample tube will last me months. I have to rate this a 5 for the color - it's rare that I find a complexion product like this that doesn't make me look ashy.

This may be the worst BB cream I have every used.... I only tried it twice and could not even literally get it onto my skin. I would wash my face and moisturize, then apply it without a brush the first time and it just would not go onto my skin. It was the strangest thing I've ever experienced with a BB cream and literally just would not blend at all. It was the most disgusting result ever... I had to take it off immediately and put something else I had on. I don't even know how to explain, but it just did not work period.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin and I'm obsessed with this product. No other BB Cream will ever do.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had high hopes for this but it was terrible! Stay away if your skin is dry or, especially, very dry!! It's a harsh winter here in the Midwest and within minutes of applying this, my face felt terribly tight and weird. I dashed off to work and was horrified to later find dry, cracked patches all over my nose, mouth and forehead! It was so embarrassing. Worse, as the day went on, this took on an ashy/gray look, separated, and felt even tighter on my face!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have several bb creams in my rotation and even though its not my #1 go to bb cream its definitely worthy of a review. On my oily/combo skin it definitely keeps the oil slick at bay without sucking the life out of my skin. I just apply over my vitamin c serum and I'm set to go. I don't set it with any powder and it diffuses my enlarged pores and evens out my skintone. I don't experience any fading over the course of the day and if I happen to have a minor breakout it does dry out the spots (acne). I will definitely repurchase.

I'll be the first to admit that I was hesitant to try another BB Cream, after bad experiences with drugstore formulas and tinted moisturizers, but Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream changed my mind!

It took a while to get used to the product and how to apply it. The product is quite thick and does not spread easily; As such, I initially used much more than was necessary, which resulted in it looking a caked on and unnatural - not what you want from a BB cream! However, I eventually learned to use a much smaller amount and apply it in dots on my cheekbones, nose, chin and forehead. From there, I just quickly blend it in before it sets. The result? A wonderfully even and smooth skin-tone without the appearance of wearing makeup! And the finish is perfect for warmer climates! Even in the heat and humidity, my face stays almost perfectly matter throughout the day, with an occasional blotting here and there.

I can't rave enough about this product! For someone who likes a light to medium coverage without looking "made up", this product is perfect... and being able apply my makeup and sun protection all in one step makes it my HG!

on 6/22/2013 10:31:00 PM

I picked this up at Sephora after reading reviews about it online. I was skeptical about a product that 'does it all' and was actually expecting to break out like I have with other moisturizers and bb creams that were too rich for my skin. THIS WAS AWESOME! I am using the light/medium shade which matches my skin perfectly. It evens the skin but doesn't cover actual acne. I am always on the run (hectic schedule) and dont usually spend too long on my make up (love anything that is no fuss and quick!), I usually slap it on and use a bit of pressed powder just to hold it in place. It is really hot where I live so I was happy that this product was able to hold up in the heat and I didn't have to stress out about being oily or having the product slide off during the day. Did not make me break out at all, seems to control oil better than any other bb cream I have tried. You don't get that 'foundation-y' feel on your face and i think my skin is able to breathe through this. On extremely 'tired' days, i use a little concealer under my eyes but this product pretty much takes care of the rest. The only downside is that it is a little steep for the price and you don't get a lot in the little tube. Beautiful product, would not use anything else.

on 5/13/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Absolutely LOVE this BB! Excellent for my oily skin, leaves a matte to satiny finish that gives my face a beautiful glow. Many compliments while wearing this. I switched to this when my Mom bought it and it didn't work out for her normal to dry skin. Like it so much, as many others clogged my pores and looked a bit flat and this one does not. It also has a good SPF, no breakouts, great staying power, and a good color match. I'm NC25-30 and Light is perfect. Yes, it is expensive, but I just can't help myself, and think it's worth it..

I absolutely love this. I only wish it didn't cost quite as much for such a little tube. (I'm on a student budget at the moment) A little does go a long way though. BB Creams often get criticized as being nothing but a "glorified tinted moisturizer". This is anything but. I have always had problem skin. Not the worst of the worst, but I usually need a decent amount of coverage. I have fair skin with very warm undertones (a combination of yellow & red- not pink) & my skin is so severely dry that it produces excess oil, causing it to look & behave like oily skin most of the time. This product has wonderful coverage. I would say it's light-medium, but can easily be built up or played down. It blurs any skin imperfections I have, & helps even out my whole face. I use the shade "fair." Light was a close match as well, but a little TOO yellow for me (like I said, I have multiple undertones, yellow & red. I'm mixed Native American, Italian, & Polish) I've been medium-tan most of my life, but my skin has lightened up a LOT lately for a variety of reasons. One thing I really love about this BB Cream is that if I'm in a hurry (nearly every day), I can skip moisturizer, primer, & concealer & just put this on. I put it on with my clean fingers, I find it blends better that way than if I use a brush. I really recommend this, I actually use it in place of foundation most of the time now. If I need a little more coverage, I'll use my current favorite foundation (Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation) on top of the Smashbox BB Cream. I love both of these products on their own, & they look really beautiful layered together as well. :)