Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this in fair light for my NC 20 face and the color is ok but a little peachy. The texture of this however settles in every pore and crease. Also does not last long. The spf is great but I’m not sure I can count on it since it doesn’t last on slightly combo skin. There are better Bb creams

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have been using this BB cream for months. I wanted it for a more natural look & also for the spf 35. The problem is that it applies rather patchy. It just gets worse as the day wears on. I generally apply with my fingers, but have tried a sponge. Still, I seem to get areas that are covered well and other areas of my face are not. Sometimes, I have applied powder on top for extra coverage and to set it, but that doesn't even help. I will use up the rest of the bottle, but I will not repurchase. Still my HG for light days is my EL DW Light. I only wish that one had an impressive spf rating.

on 1/15/2018 9:50:00 PM

Love this stuff. Gives me a good coverage while still being lightweight on my skin. However, if you're looking for anything with super full coverage I would look elsewhere or even wear this under a full coverage foundation.

on 12/28/2017 3:24:00 PM

I got this as a sample. I have combination/dry skin, when the weather is especially warm my tzone can get really oily. Its awful considering the rest of my face is so dry. My tzone didnt like this formula. I found this too drying, chalky, and like other users have stated, it is not buildable. It looks very patchy, I use a primer and its still manages to set in to my pores. I just dont like the uncomfortable feeling my face has when I use this. I dont like BB or CC cremes much anyway. Makeup brands found a way to rip us off by diluting the makeup with moisturizer, which you can do on your own, and calling it BB or CC cream. DIY and save some money.

on 11/20/2017 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I believe I used this bb cream for 4-5 months now. I like this for light to medium coverage, extra moisture and 35 spf protection. It's a bit difficult to apply and it's not buildable. So I use a concealer on any dark spots before applying this bb cream and then touch up to give me a flawless glow. After an hour I get shiny so i dont think its perfect for combo to more oily skin types like myself.... but its strange... ive been told im glowly instead of oily EVERY SINGLE TIME, I get so many compliments with this from my family and friends that I don't mind blotting the oil away. It gives me a makeup no makeup look easily without making me feel weighed down. This is the first time I used a smashbox product so I'm impressed :) Ps. I'm still on the search for the perfect hypoallergenic bb cream, not sure if I'd repurchase or recommend to a friend. 3 stars. Don't believe Sephora reviews, they delete bad reviews all the time which is a shame.

I don't know what kind of chemicals are in this product, but I would not recommend it. I got a sample of it in my ipsy bag, and I used it four days in a row. I ended up with little blisters all over my face. I have never experienced such a thing before, and as soon as I stopped using it they went away. Too many chemicals in smashbox products, photo ready primer made me break out too. I'll stick with elf, which provides great coverage and Sun protection, doesn't break me out or give me blisters and costs a third of the price.

on 2/25/2017 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased the darkest one of this product which is light and very airy. Too bad the coverage only last 3-4hrs. With an average price of $39.99 save your money. It is supposed to assist with oily skin, but not in my case. Even with their primer my face was oiled up and color had wore off. This product could be so much more if consistency was added.

on 2/12/2017 12:21:00 AM

Like some, I recieved a decent sized sample (shade "light") in my ipsy bag and really liked it at first, so much so I ordered a full sized version before my sample was up. Then I noticed how it settled into my pores by my nose halfway through the day, and the only way to prevent my pores from showing through was if I had put my normal foundation (UD Naked Skin) on top of my concerning areas. I feel like my usual foundation is lighter weight for the same coverage and around the same price.

I think if you have smaller pores it will set on your face nicely, but with larger pores it's not worth it even with setting spray.

on 2/2/2017 11:19:00 PM

This has to be the worst BB cream that I've tried. Ugh. Just thinking about it. Never would I put this chemical laden crap on my skin again.

Pros:
The squeeze tube packaging, I guess.
And the spf.

Cons:
Literally Everything else.
Smells like chemicals.
Broke my face out in hives this has literally never happened before.
Sunk into every pore on my face.
Clings to dry spots but still looked a greasy mess after a couple of hours.
Applied streaky and patchy even with my bb sponge.
Far too overpriced. I can think of at least 5 drugstore bb creams that out perform this.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this. I expect better from smashbox. I'm not even passing this to a friend. I like all my friends too much to curse them with this stuff.

on 1/29/2017 10:48:00 PM

Great light coverage, smells like summer and the price is worth it.

DO NOT NEED ALOT TO GET THE COVERAGE!

Saw people complaining of it being an oily mess. Build with a dime or less amount. It won't be greasy. It's the best product since I discovered Antipodes. Just wish the ingredients were more safe and less chemicals. But I'm making the choice because I loved the sample. Let's hope I don't break out haha. Thanks!