Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.3

on 8/22/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very light coverage so it won't cover a lot if you're like me and has moderate redness +acne scarring. Doesn't control oil at all. It has a pretty greasy finish. Didn't break me out, but won't be repurchasing.

i bought the smashbox try it kit in light because i've seen some really good reviews of smashbox products. i have to say i'm very disappointed with the bb cream as it sinks into my pores and accentuates them and gives a kind of chalky finish to my skin. I immediately cleansed my skin so i can't say how long it lasted. The halo powder, although supposedly the light shade, left my face looking an attractive shade of orange.
I have tried much cheaper products and found them to give a much better finish. Bring back the original Dermalogica sheer tint moisturiser! Has anyone found anything to substitute that product?

on 9/9/2014 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is just ok. It looks a bit like makeup on my skin, but doesn't cover my redness. Also doesn't feel like skin on- it's a little sticky. I am an NC25 and I got light/neutral. It seems to be a pretty good match but I wish it had just a little more yellow in it as the smashbox foundations are yellow-based. The container is small and easy to stick in your purse so that is nice for touch ups. I won't be rebuying this, though. For the money there are better bb creams and foundations.

Love this. Bought it as part of a Smashbox trial kit with mini versions of the primer and Halo powder. It feels good on my skin, doesn't smell, doesn't make me break out, and I like how my skin looks when I'm done ... dewy and pretty! Way to go, Smashbox!

on 4/29/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have a love-hate relationship with this BB cream. It has some great qualities:
-does a fabulous job at blending into my face
-disguises pores and fine lines
-wonderful light-reflecting properties
-high SPF

However, I found the colour to be too pink (I was using Fair) and the finish never looked natural. I always looked 'made-up,' and I prefer a more natural finish. Also found it to make me very shiny, despite my skin being on the dry side.

on 3/21/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I ordered the Smashbox "Try Me" set with this BB Cream, the Halo powder and Primer. I was very impressed at how easily this blended, it made my skin look very even and smooth. Used along with the Halo powder my skin looked flawless all day and it didn't stick to my dry patches. There was more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, I would say a good buildable to medium coverage and then to med-full when used with the Halo powder. I will very likely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had high hopes for this but it was terrible! Stay away if your skin is dry or, especially, very dry!! It's a harsh winter here in the Midwest and within minutes of applying this, my face felt terribly tight and weird. I dashed off to work and was horrified to later find dry, cracked patches all over my nose, mouth and forehead! It was so embarrassing. Worse, as the day went on, this took on an ashy/gray look, separated, and felt even tighter on my face!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've decided that this stuff is absolutely my HG! Nothing makes my skin look better. I've been looking for something to replace my cakey foundations with, and this seems to fit the bill. My complexion looks so much smoother, and the color is a great match for my peachy, pale, fair skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this product when I was determined to find the "best" available BB cream in Ulta - this one smelled good (very important), felt smooth and seemed heavy enough to cover unevenness on my cheeks. I have broken capillaries. It didn't cover as well as I thought when I got home, used it the next day, etc. However, it is so easy to smooth on during application - and blends great. The color (lightest one) was a perfect match for my skin. I found that applying it alone was best - no moisturizer needed. Since I use a toner and moisturizer and usually a serum, it was a little too much combined with the treatment products. It left a moist feeling that needed powdering to matte the finished look.
It did not irritate my skin at all and I do have sensitive skin. I found other BB creams with more coverage so I probably won't purchase it again - but it is a nice product. I love most Smashbox products.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I've had this for a few weeks and tried it under foundation but today I'm trying it by itself and honestly, it's really comfortable in that my skin doesn't have dry flakes like I would expect. I typically have dry skin (I live in a cold climate) and am not sure how this will do in the winter, but it seems to work really well. I can see this as my get-ready-quick foundation/tinted moisturizer. I tried putting powder on it to set it, but the powder kinda clumped in spots. The coverage is sheer to medium. The colors seem to run dark. I'm light-medium (I'm NC35 in MAC's mineralize moisture foundation, Beige 40 in Chanel's Vitalumiere, and 4.25 in Bobbi Brown). The high price tag makes me think twice about it, but I think it's worth it.