Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this BB cream so far. It looks good when applied with a sponge, and it's pretty lightweight. It doesn't have much of an odor which is important to me because i have sensitivities.

It holds up well throughout the day, although it gathered a bit where my glasses sit on the bridge of my nose. It balances out my complexion well.

this bb cream isn't really a miracle, but it does the job. i will probably try out some other brands after i finish this bottle just to find the right one. i also i prefer a bb cream that is dispensed with a pump, this one's just a squeeze bottle.

on 8/6/2015 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Deluxe sample, I think it was a Sephora 100 point perk. It lasted me a couple weeks of consistent use. Buildable formula but didn't mask all my redness so maybe a medium coverage at best. It did leave me looking quite "radiant" until I applied powder then it matted down. Staying power was okay. Due to price, I won't repurchase.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I was so eager to try this product after reading such awesome reviews. However, it just didn't work for me. I used this product for about three weeks -- applying a small amount and blending. I have broken out all over and in places that I don't normally break out (forehead, cheeks, etc). After wearing the product through the day I would seriously notice several new, small pimples. I gave it my best shot, hoping that my skin would adjust, to no avail. I do not recommend this for acne-prone skin. Pros: maximum shine control; texture was smooth; beautiful, natural coverage; SPF 35 (with only a light sunscreen odor)! I don't typically wear foundation or creams; instead, I use a mineral powder concealer on blemishes and small, redder areas (around the nose) and a light dusting of finishing powder. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts if I use the wrong products. Generally I have only a few hormonal breakouts per month.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this BB cream everyday and i love it! I personally don't need a lot of coverage, and I would say this BB cream provides light to medium coverage. I love that it has an adequate amount of protection from the sun, because its important to protect your skin from the sun. It doesn't have any particularly strong smell, and it's very creamy and blendable. I use it every day to just even out my skintone, and it's my go-to face product. It lasts through my whole day, which is pretty impressive because i am a cheerleader and I tumble and stunt, etc. and it still stays on strong. I would definitely recommend this product, and i think it's worth the high price tag because of how well it works and the amount in each tube.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this after reading quite a few reviews. I was looking for something that would control oil as well as my favorite L'Oreal BB, and contained a sunscreen. I would say this fits the bill. I have very oily skin. I wear this under a powder foundation for more coverage, and it does control my oils for the whole day; at least a good 10 hours. I don't stay perfectly matte for that whole time, but I get very little shine. The coverage is light, and I find that the fair shade matches my fair skin well and evens out my skin. I really like this, and I would buy it again; I just wish it was a little less expensive.

on 10/19/2013 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I first got a sample of this from Sephora and it was so awesome I had to splurge on the deluxe sample size which lasted the rest of the summer. I used this BB cream instead of foundation and it worked like a dream. I adore it. Light and blend able but gives a nice light coverage. My skin was also great this summer so maybe this was partially to thank.

on 10/18/2013 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I finally got on the BB cream bandwagon. I figured Smashbox would be my best choice since I have oily skin and it's advertised as "oil-controlling". Not so much for me, unfortunately - I was shiny within 2-3 hours, even with powder on top. That said, I did like the level of coverage. It was more than a tinted moisturizer would provide (which is great, because I find TMs don't have enough for me) but less than a foundation, so it's perfect for weekends when I want a little something but don't feel like dealing with brushing on foundation. Overall, this wasn't terrible but not outstanding. I'd probably try another BB cream before buying this again...although maybe not, given how few BB creams for my skin type are on the market.

on 9/28/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a 15 ml/0.5 fl oz I found at sephora to try it out and I almost finish the mini bottle. I live in a very hot and humid place, and I used to apply it on my face first thing after my morning shower. I never bother applying primer before because this product says it "primes".

I personally didn't like it because I felt it heavy on my face, like wearing a thick foundation. I always used a little bit and tried applying it using different tools and even my fingertips. I can't deny it has a very good coverage, but I personally don't need too much coverage since I don't have scars, acne, dark spots, etc. I think this bb cream will work great if you need the coverage. Plus I have oily skin and it didn't lasted long on my skin, and I watched how it was kind of melting on my face. I tried applying powder, oil absorbing papers, and nothing could make it work. I wonder if applying primer before could make it last long? I was using the "light" tone and worked fine with my skintone, not too pink or yellow. I'm glad I got a small size because I won't buy it again.

on 9/17/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I was chilling in las vegas when I decided, you know what my foundations are starting to make me look rather cakey and a little TOO done up. Let's get a sample of this!

I honestly didn't know what to expect from this BB but it's easily become one of my favorite products as of recently. The texture is an interesting gelly, it's a bit hard to smooth across the face. Although it's very refreshing is actually dries to a clean natural/semi-matte finish.

I really like the coverage on this stuff, it is very easy to build up and yet still manages to look very natural! No more overly done up face for me :D I also like the SPF and the fact how there doesn't appear to be much of a scent at all. Oh also with the color schemes, girls whom are NC30 beware i KNOW that light/medium seems like the correct thing to choose but it is SUPPPPPPER DARK. Like NC35-40 dark. Light-med my butt.

The only negative is longevity, however if mixed with my Lioele bb cream it lasts longer for some reason. I'd still recommend picking up a sample of this if interested :D

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to agree with the reviewer that said this didnt cover well/highlights imperfections. I used it with my smashbox blemish control primer and after 1 hour was a greasy mess. Ugh! It sticks to any dry patch and once powdered really looks bad. The light/medium shade is also a bit dark. I expected way more for the price. I think this would be better for people with minimal skin issues. Back to Ulta!