Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 12/28/2017 3:24:00 PM

I got this as a sample. I have combination/dry skin, when the weather is especially warm my tzone can get really oily. Its awful considering the rest of my face is so dry. My tzone didnt like this formula. I found this too drying, chalky, and like other users have stated, it is not buildable. It looks very patchy, I use a primer and its still manages to set in to my pores. I just dont like the uncomfortable feeling my face has when I use this. I dont like BB or CC cremes much anyway. Makeup brands found a way to rip us off by diluting the makeup with moisturizer, which you can do on your own, and calling it BB or CC cream. DIY and save some money.

on 11/20/2017 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I believe I used this bb cream for 4-5 months now. I like this for light to medium coverage, extra moisture and 35 spf protection. It's a bit difficult to apply and it's not buildable. So I use a concealer on any dark spots before applying this bb cream and then touch up to give me a flawless glow. After an hour I get shiny so i dont think its perfect for combo to more oily skin types like myself.... but its strange... ive been told im glowly instead of oily EVERY SINGLE TIME, I get so many compliments with this from my family and friends that I don't mind blotting the oil away. It gives me a makeup no makeup look easily without making me feel weighed down. This is the first time I used a smashbox product so I'm impressed :) Ps. I'm still on the search for the perfect hypoallergenic bb cream, not sure if I'd repurchase or recommend to a friend. 3 stars. Don't believe Sephora reviews, they delete bad reviews all the time which is a shame.

on 2/12/2017 12:21:00 AM

Like some, I recieved a decent sized sample (shade "light") in my ipsy bag and really liked it at first, so much so I ordered a full sized version before my sample was up. Then I noticed how it settled into my pores by my nose halfway through the day, and the only way to prevent my pores from showing through was if I had put my normal foundation (UD Naked Skin) on top of my concerning areas. I feel like my usual foundation is lighter weight for the same coverage and around the same price.

I think if you have smaller pores it will set on your face nicely, but with larger pores it's not worth it even with setting spray.

on 2/2/2017 11:19:00 PM

This has to be the worst BB cream that I've tried. Ugh. Just thinking about it. Never would I put this chemical laden crap on my skin again.

Pros:
The squeeze tube packaging, I guess.
And the spf.

Cons:
Literally Everything else.
Smells like chemicals.
Broke my face out in hives this has literally never happened before.
Sunk into every pore on my face.
Clings to dry spots but still looked a greasy mess after a couple of hours.
Applied streaky and patchy even with my bb sponge.
Far too overpriced. I can think of at least 5 drugstore bb creams that out perform this.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this. I expect better from smashbox. I'm not even passing this to a friend. I like all my friends too much to curse them with this stuff.

on 1/29/2017 10:48:00 PM

Great light coverage, smells like summer and the price is worth it.

DO NOT NEED ALOT TO GET THE COVERAGE!

Saw people complaining of it being an oily mess. Build with a dime or less amount. It won't be greasy. It's the best product since I discovered Antipodes. Just wish the ingredients were more safe and less chemicals. But I'm making the choice because I loved the sample. Let's hope I don't break out haha. Thanks!

on 1/19/2017 10:07:00 AM

I received a sample of the Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream in light/medium in my January Ipsy bag. I was surprised and delighted with how much coverage this BB cream provided. All of the other BB and CC creams I have tried in the past have been little more than tinted moisturizers, but this one was more like a foundation. It dried to a matte finish and feels like I am not wearing foundation. I love that it is SPF 35 and doesn't feel like I am wearing a mask (as I usually do when I wear a high SPF on my face).

One thing that surprised me was how dark (and orange-y) this BB cream is for being light/medium, which is weird because my skin is usually firmly in Medium territory.

I will likely purchase some when I run out of the sample, but I will have to get it in a lighter color.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Got a sample tube, wasn't too enthused about it as I haven't found a BB cream I particularly care for. Finally decided to try it for some light makeup and was pleasantly surprised! Light/medium gave me a nice glow and gave my imperfect skin some decent coverage. Great for those days you don't feel like doing a "full" face, but still want to look bright-eyed and glowing. Would purchase a full size tube.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This BB cream has a dewy finish and really good medium coverage. If you're skin is more on the dry side then this BB cream is something you should try out.

However, for oily skin people, this BB cream will probably end up making you look like a greaseball in a few hours. So it's probably best avoid it, or try the Tarte BB cream. People with combo skin, the dreaded t-zone area will also look greasy after a few hours of wearing this.

Overall this BB cream is not that bad, though pricey, but it's a department store brand so that's to be expected.

on 9/18/2016 9:03:00 AM

I got a sample of this in shade Medium/Light . Most of the time, shades given as samples end up being way too light and too pink for my skin, and I have a hard time matching my skin color with facial products in general. I was shocked that this was a perfect 'my skin but brighter' tint, with enough peach undertones to slightly diffuse and brighten my dark, sallow undereyes. Since this color suited me very well and most other products do not, I'm going to go on a limb and say that a lot of people might not like this color. It does look very orangey out of the tube, which works out great for me, but maybe not for others.

I wouldn't say the formula is truly in part a moisturizer - i need to put something under it, esp in drier months. On moisturized skin, this is awesome. I just swipe a little under each eye, around my nose, over some old acne scars and I'm done. It actually didn't break me out (I get milia from everything). I just started Retinol products and appreciate the spf level. I do only use a little dab though and probably do not get the benefit of the sun protection that way. I tried using more one day but it looked too cakey. Just a little dot works well for me, and I mean little - a tiny sample tube will last me months. I have to rate this a 5 for the color - it's rare that I find a complexion product like this that doesn't make me look ashy.

on 7/24/2016 12:48:00 AM

Doesn't have the best coverage and it feels kind of sticky and is a bit hard to blend. It looks natural and doesn't accentuate my dried skin. Too expensive.