Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.6

on 11/7/2018 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I love this so much. It's actually the first bb cream I've fallen in love with. I don't have many skin issues besides oily skin and this week I have a blemish on my chin. I used this like a foundation and then powdered especially where my blemish is. It made it less noticeable but it's definitely still there which is to be expected with a bb cream. This held up nicely at the gym today. I haven't gotten super oil slick face yet. Definitely a repurchaseable item for me. Very nice look. Not dry and not too shiny. Went on with a makeup brush like a dream.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To call this product 'camera ready' is ridiculous, given that it gives very light coverage. For me, having acne scars here and there on my face, this does not make me 'camera ready' in anyway. It evens out the skin tone, but doesn't really give any coverage beyond that.

For me this is a product I can use on the weekends and on days when I don't have to look very polished, but just want to look a bit nicer than my makeup-less self if running errands. I pair it up with under-eye concealer and a bit of spot concealing to look a bit more polished than what this product can give me alone. It looks very natural and doesn’t look like I am wearing any foundation.

The product feels nice to apply and gives a nice glow to the face. I powder it a bit in the T-zone, as I tend to get oily there. The product seems to hold up nice enough throughout the day, even on my oily nose.

I like that the product has SPF in it. It has a smell and texture that makes it obvious that there is SPF in the product, so if you don't like that smell and feel, this product will not be for you.

It's a pretty good BB cream and I can see myself buying it again. I have pale olive-toned skin and use this in the color fair/light. It’s not quite green enough for my skin, but because the coverage is light, it’s not a big issue. I apply it with my fingers.

I think this product is a bit expensive for the kind of product and packaging. The packaging is handy with the squeezy tube, but the design feels kind of boring.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have been using this BB cream for months. I wanted it for a more natural look & also for the spf 35. The problem is that it applies rather patchy. It just gets worse as the day wears on. I generally apply with my fingers, but have tried a sponge. Still, I seem to get areas that are covered well and other areas of my face are not. Sometimes, I have applied powder on top for extra coverage and to set it, but that doesn't even help. I will use up the rest of the bottle, but I will not repurchase. Still my HG for light days is my EL DW Light. I only wish that one had an impressive spf rating.

on 12/28/2017 3:24:00 PM

I got this as a sample. I have combination/dry skin, when the weather is especially warm my tzone can get really oily. Its awful considering the rest of my face is so dry. My tzone didnt like this formula. I found this too drying, chalky, and like other users have stated, it is not buildable. It looks very patchy, I use a primer and its still manages to set in to my pores. I just dont like the uncomfortable feeling my face has when I use this. I dont like BB or CC cremes much anyway. Makeup brands found a way to rip us off by diluting the makeup with moisturizer, which you can do on your own, and calling it BB or CC cream. DIY and save some money.

on 11/20/2017 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I believe I used this bb cream for 4-5 months now. I like this for light to medium coverage, extra moisture and 35 spf protection. It's a bit difficult to apply and it's not buildable. So I use a concealer on any dark spots before applying this bb cream and then touch up to give me a flawless glow. After an hour I get shiny so i dont think its perfect for combo to more oily skin types like myself.... but its strange... ive been told im glowly instead of oily EVERY SINGLE TIME, I get so many compliments with this from my family and friends that I don't mind blotting the oil away. It gives me a makeup no makeup look easily without making me feel weighed down. This is the first time I used a smashbox product so I'm impressed :) Ps. I'm still on the search for the perfect hypoallergenic bb cream, not sure if I'd repurchase or recommend to a friend. 3 stars. Don't believe Sephora reviews, they delete bad reviews all the time which is a shame.

on 2/12/2017 12:21:00 AM

Like some, I recieved a decent sized sample (shade "light") in my ipsy bag and really liked it at first, so much so I ordered a full sized version before my sample was up. Then I noticed how it settled into my pores by my nose halfway through the day, and the only way to prevent my pores from showing through was if I had put my normal foundation (UD Naked Skin) on top of my concerning areas. I feel like my usual foundation is lighter weight for the same coverage and around the same price.

I think if you have smaller pores it will set on your face nicely, but with larger pores it's not worth it even with setting spray.

on 2/2/2017 11:19:00 PM

This has to be the worst BB cream that I've tried. Ugh. Just thinking about it. Never would I put this chemical laden crap on my skin again.

Pros:
The squeeze tube packaging, I guess.
And the spf.

Cons:
Literally Everything else.
Smells like chemicals.
Broke my face out in hives this has literally never happened before.
Sunk into every pore on my face.
Clings to dry spots but still looked a greasy mess after a couple of hours.
Applied streaky and patchy even with my bb sponge.
Far too overpriced. I can think of at least 5 drugstore bb creams that out perform this.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this. I expect better from smashbox. I'm not even passing this to a friend. I like all my friends too much to curse them with this stuff.

on 1/29/2017 10:48:00 PM

Great light coverage, smells like summer and the price is worth it.

DO NOT NEED ALOT TO GET THE COVERAGE!

Saw people complaining of it being an oily mess. Build with a dime or less amount. It won't be greasy. It's the best product since I discovered Antipodes. Just wish the ingredients were more safe and less chemicals. But I'm making the choice because I loved the sample. Let's hope I don't break out haha. Thanks!

on 1/19/2017 10:07:00 AM

I received a sample of the Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream in light/medium in my January Ipsy bag. I was surprised and delighted with how much coverage this BB cream provided. All of the other BB and CC creams I have tried in the past have been little more than tinted moisturizers, but this one was more like a foundation. It dried to a matte finish and feels like I am not wearing foundation. I love that it is SPF 35 and doesn't feel like I am wearing a mask (as I usually do when I wear a high SPF on my face).

One thing that surprised me was how dark (and orange-y) this BB cream is for being light/medium, which is weird because my skin is usually firmly in Medium territory.

I will likely purchase some when I run out of the sample, but I will have to get it in a lighter color.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Got a sample tube, wasn't too enthused about it as I haven't found a BB cream I particularly care for. Finally decided to try it for some light makeup and was pleasantly surprised! Light/medium gave me a nice glow and gave my imperfect skin some decent coverage. Great for those days you don't feel like doing a "full" face, but still want to look bright-eyed and glowing. Would purchase a full size tube.