Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.3

I don't know what kind of chemicals are in this product, but I would not recommend it. I got a sample of it in my ipsy bag, and I used it four days in a row. I ended up with little blisters all over my face. I have never experienced such a thing before, and as soon as I stopped using it they went away. Too many chemicals in smashbox products, photo ready primer made me break out too. I'll stick with elf, which provides great coverage and Sun protection, doesn't break me out or give me blisters and costs a third of the price.

On the fence with this product. It gave okay coverage, but I purchased the color in light/medium and I was shocked at how dark and orangey it looked.I think its way too overpriced for what you get. Had to cut the tube open near the end of it, to get more product out as it was too empty to come out on its own. Was floored at how much was actually left in the tube when you think its empty. Trust me, I squeeze and squeeze until I can't get anymore out. Cutting it open there was probably 3-4 applications left. Hate waste on such an expensive product. Luckily it was able to be cut open to utilize what was left. The smell was kind of a turn off too. If I tried this product again, I would probably have to try an even lighter color, but really hesitant to try again at its hefty price tag. Not enough benefits for me.

on 1/27/2016 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hated this stiff. It sank into every pore, line and crease and it offered zero coverage. I even used it over a primer and still it looked awful. It became oily after only an hour or so although I set it with mattifying powder. It was a complete bust all around. I can't remember when I used a worse product. So far, Smashbox has been a complete loser for me. The primer was just so so and the lipsticks were gross and sticky. The only thing that has been great have been the brushes, which are awesomely wonderful, especially the powder brush. Otherwise, I'm pretty much giving up on this brand. I'm afraid to try the foundation for this reason, despite the good reviews. If this BB cream is any indication of quality, it's a scary prospect. The texture of the BB cream is fine. It blends just fine, in fact. But it sinks into every pore almost immediately and nothing stops this. If you're young with perfect skin, this likely won't be a problem, but for those of us with flaws, it is. I thought a light dusting of powder would help the situation and for a moment or so, it did. But an hour later, the problem was back with a vengeance. It was ugly. I couldn't wait to get home to wash this stuff off my face. I returned it to Ulta pronto! I exchanged it for Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, which I like a lot better. It goes on smoothly and blends like a dream and doesn't sink into any pores, lines or creases. I can also set it with loose powder and it wears well for hours. If there's some oil breakthrough, then a few blotting papers are all I need and I'm good to go. It's a much better product and it also has 30 SPF, which is great. All in all, a much better product. Skip the Smashbox and go for Bare Minerals instead. I definitely don't recommend this Smashbox BB cream. It really, really sucks unless you have young, perfectly flawless skin. And who has that???

on 12/25/2015 9:05:00 PM

I had high hopes for this BB cream, but it fell short. Way short.
I went to Sephora and expected to talk to the worker about my skin type and what would work best (because that is what I usually do every month when I buy makeup) but i must've gotten a cranky person that day because when I asked about BB cream, she led me straight to the most expensive BB cream they had in the store...this. It was $40 so i expected it to be amazing. The packaging is cute and pretty perfect, and I have no problem getting the product out. However, once on my skin,I hated it. It's very yellow toned (which works for me because i'm very yellow, but not a lot of people are as yellow as i am). It is extremely hard to blend and I always felt I had to use a lot of product to cover my entire face, It is also not buildable, and It highlighted my dry spots. I doesn't give a lot of coverage, it's very very sheer. I would not recommend putting a power on top because it looks extremely cakey. The staying power is terrible. You'd think for a BB cream they'd make it stay longer because BB creams are popular in the summer, but nope. It melts right off my face in two hours. Overall I hated this and i will not be purchasing again.

on 5/22/2015 1:33:00 PM

The thing I liked about this foundation was the fact that the lighter shades are really light.. and therefore quite good matches for the paler skin ladies out there. Definitely more so than the Smashbox foundation which the MUA told me not to even bother with because they don't start light enough, so anyway I tried the BB cream. Great colour match, and the coverage is good for a BB cream, definitely a thicker formula than many foundations. However, that's pretty much the only good points. It totally dried out my skin, and that was with the moisturising primer that Smashbox sells underneath. I was really unimpressed by this BB cream, it clung to every dry patch particularly around my nose. I'm glad I just got a sample and didn't shell out 27 for this product, Wouldn't recommend to those with normal/dry skin.

on 5/17/2015 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is definitely THE BEST BB cream I have tried! It lasts all day and is my perfect shade. It feels like a moisturizer and has great coverage. I will definitely buy it again.

on 5/4/2015 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am very surprised by this BB cream. The coverage is amazing (for me) and typically Smashbox products haven't performed on my skin or they broke me out. I have found myself reaching for this product over foundation and my other BB creams. I pair it with either a finishing powder and it looks great! It doesn't take much to cover small blemishes or redness and doesn't make my skin dry, flaky, or noticeably oily. It lasts about 8 hours without heavy activity. Overall, I am happy with this BB and will continue to use it.

on 2/4/2015 2:37:00 AM

I wanted to love this, but honestly I have liked other BB creams more. This one can get a little too pasty or cake-y, even with a finishing spray. The shade was fine, but I don't like the uneven coverage- it gets pasty but it's sheer enough to show flaws. I do recommend using a Beauty Blender for the best application of this product.

on 1/18/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got the sample size first & I loved it so went & bought it again. The light/medium is a perfect much for my skin tone in the winter. It comes on very smoothly & feels really nice on my skin. It doesn't have super intense coverage, but that's not why I expect to get from a BB cream. I have pretty ok skin so it's the perfect amount of coverage for me for a day time look would not want to use this if I'm having a night out or some thing. I was surprised with how small the bigger version was, it only came with 1 fl oz, but whatever it still gets the job done.

on 9/15/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this BB Cream from Sephora (along with the CC Cream, which I'm still trying out) in the shade Light-Neutral. I used the sample until it was gone (and it was fairly generous, IMO), so I feel like I can write a fair review. Although this is not a bad product, I didn't care for it: the color was dark on my NW20 skin (which is weird, because I got the Light-Neutral shade in the CC Cream and it's a perfect match!), and it went on too thickly for my preference. I used my fingers and two different types of brushes to apply it, and I never felt like it looked very natural. (But how could it, being the wrong color? Argh.) I don't have dry skin but this BB cream seemed to emphasize a few spots of flakes, most obviously on the tip of my nose. I will say that the SPF in this product is really good, at 35 it's higher than most face makeup and I never felt the need to wear a separate sunscreen. It was easy to take off with my First Aid Beauty cleanser, and I don't think I got any pimples from it either. However, due to the unnatural look and wrong color, I won't purchase a full size of this BB cream. If you are interested, I highly recommend getting a sample, and hopefully you can get a color match too!