Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

I gave this product a 5/5 for everything. It is a fantastic product that does the job. It had been my first "cover flaws product" and I fell in love with it. the flaws to this product would be i don't feel like I am paying for a good amount of the product. I felt as if it only lasted me 2-3 months, and I have gone through many other foundations, BB creams, primers and concealers for much longer and around the same price. Nonetheless its a nice smooth liquid that eventually turns into a matte finish. Well for me it did, I have incredibly dry skin that always needs to be hydrated and this BB cream did the job. 100% worth it.

on 9/21/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a great BB cream--if you don't have dry skin. It looks fabulous on the skin and wears like a dream. It also dries out your skin. My face looks great for about three days with this then the dry flaky patches set in. I so want to love this but in the end I can't.

on 3/20/2015 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I'm pretty tanned so I'm very wary of using BB creams which have always cast a strange gray tint to my skin. I've used Skin 79 BB cream for a few months in the past before fully realizing it made my skin look dingy and dull. After that I've used Bobby Brown's skin foundation in Warm Honey 5.5, which I've loved and suited my skin tone much better, but now I'm seeking more of a less made up look. I sampled this BB cream in Light/Medium at Sephora and used it for the past few days and I am now #OBSESSED.

It's pretty hydrating, although I put on face moisturizer before I put this on (cause I'm super dry face). A little goes a long way - I use about a pinky nail sized amount and that evens out my skin tone without making it appear I'm a cakeface. It's a really good daytime foundation that provides a slight glow. PLUS, spf 35!

on 2/23/2015 1:43:00 PM

This product isn't anything too special. It has very light coverage and my dry skin doesn't crack or dry out while wearing it, as long as I properly prep with a moisturizer and primer. I like a little more coverage, so I'm not sure I'd buy again.

on 2/6/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This BB cream was good, but I wouldn't say that Smashbox hit it out of the park here, either.

Pros:
- There is a wide variety of shades (I bought "fair" and it was my perfect shade since it had fairly pink undertones to it- which is hard to come by, actually).
- The coverage is great, and a little bit of cream goes a long way.
- SPF 50. There is never a time where this isn't a good thing.

Cons:
- The formula is super thick, and if applied to un-prepped skin it can feel a lot like sludge, which can leave streaks. I found that the key here was to apply a light moisturizer beforehand, and some additional primer on nights where I want my skin to look a little less natural and a little more matte.
- The price. In retrospect, you don't need as much product as you would with other brands, but $50 CAN isn't cheap, either.

I generally use this cream for evenings when I'm opting for more coverage, but I have been known to use it during the day time as well. I would recommend, but for people who have dry skin I would suggest that they add a little more moisturizer/primer as a base layer.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Soo I just bought this this week. I definitely would not wear this without a foundation on top; it just looks too smeary and imperfect without something on top. I think it works OK like that. So if you're expecting it to make you look gorgeous with nothing else, I don't think this is the product. For the price, it doesn't really "wow" me. I only decided to try this because I've always liked Smashbox primers. (And I was on a makeup impulse shopping spree.) I probably wouldn't buy this again. I don't feel like my face looks any better with this product. It's kind of fun to have hope every time I put it on though.....

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't really do much for my dry skin. Felt kind of chalky if that's possible haha! Would be good for oily/combo skin types maybe. Wouldn't buy again. X

on 4/12/2014 4:32:00 PM

I fell in love with this product the first time I tried it. I had a tried a couple BB creams prior to this one and this one in comparison was like a step above the rest. It was less dewy yet still moisturizing. But alas, after using this product for months my love for this product has diminished. I have come to the conclusion that although it does provide a less dewy finish than other BB creams that I've tried in the past and although it looks very natural it isn't as moisturizing as I would like it to be. In fact it accentuates any dry flake that pops up and they are popping up everywhere with this product. I prefer a BB cream that I can pop up sans moisturizer, primer, etc. because as a busy mom on-the-go I want something that evens me out and gives me that little extra boost. My face is very dry and this product doesn't help at all. Therefore, I will use this up and won't be repurchasing. On a side note, I did purchase the trial size (a cute little squeeze tube) and later received another trial size from my mom. These two little trials have lasted about 6 months with everyday use and there's still tons left!

very hydrating, lovely natural coverage, easy application.

I got this in one of those holiday sample boxes from Sephora. I figured a BB cream would be better for my skin during the winter months as it is suppose to by hydrating. When I first put it on, it looked fantastic, however, as the day wore on it broke down and I started to look patchy. This was with a primer on underneath. It also did nothing to hydrate my skin. If anything, it dried my skin out. I would not recommend this product to anyone who has normal to dry skin.