Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.0

on 7/5/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This BB cream is not worth the money. I have extremely dry skin, and this just did not go on smooth and creamy at all. It was very smeary, uneven, and cakey. It started drying before I finished applying! When I put foundation on top -- I layer colored moisturizing products in the winter because my skin is so dry and it's so cold in NYC -- it got even worse and more dry. It didn't help my makeup application at all. It is quite pricey, so I expected a better product! To me, a much better product for aging skin and a much better value is Lancome BB cream. Goes on smooth, keeps you juicy! :)

on 2/12/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very average to below average BB cream. I'm going to tell you right off the bat, it is not for extremely dry skin. The formula is extremely thick and kind of hard to blend, but smooth and creamy. It lasts all day, but to tell you the truth most foundations last all day on me. My skin is extremely dry (dry patches are a huge problem) due to many chronic conditions, but virtually flawless, and I'm young so most foundations are going to look good on me as they do on most young people. But this one was an exception because it emphasizes every, single dry patch on my face and it stung like heck. On the days where it didn't do that, the finish was satin-matte but kind of flat and underwhelming. I was not a fan. I expect way more from something that costs $40. And no one, not even those with oily skin can wear this without prepping the skin first, like you can with most BB creams (toner, sunscreen, moisturizer, etc...) because otherwise it just looks like a flesh-toned mask on the face. I do not recommend. I wish we could give half ratings because otherwise I would give a 2.5. It's not great at all.

on 7/21/2013 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am very new to BB creams and make up in general, but I got samples from Sephora for Dior, Smashbox, Too faced and Stila and I have to say I am most impress with Smashbox. I picked Medium as my colour and it's definitely not too yellow or too pink, as it is often the case. In Montreal, we just went through a heatwave (extreme heat+extreme humidity) and my face remained relatively 'fresh'. It is thicker but less oily than both Dior and Stila. I highly recommend it!
Yes, it's a bit costly- but it works!

on 2/10/2013 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have hated every BB cream I have tried so far and this one was the worst so far.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

It does what it says. It blends well with my skin. It gives a good amount of coverage...but it's so darn expensive for what you get. You don't have to use a lot of this stuff. A drop of cream and apply with a stippling brush gives enough coverage for me. I do have to touch up especially noticeable blemishes with concealer. I would buy it again, but I'll keep an eye out for dupes.

Update: I am on my third tube of this BB cream. No other BB cream compares.

on 6/2/2012 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

In my quest for the perfect BB Cream, Smashbox has not afforded perfection for my skin type. Here's the story: I've been trying many BB creams before making a final decision to purchase. (FYI--Boscia is the one for me). On a whim, I figured I would try this out. While in Nordstrom, one of the Smashbox S/A's gave me a sample in the "Light" tint. As I had tried the "Fair" and the "light" on my hand, I mentioned that the light was far too yellow for my skin. She said. "No it's not"...and gave me this light sample. First of all, I know my coloring. This "light" just wasn't for me. My skin looked jaundiced as though I was on a 20-year bender. Not a good look--especially for a woman in her 50's. Secondly, this is not as hydrating as the Dr. Jart or the Boscia (sorry for the poor spelling). My skin is very dry and I really need a super-hydrating product. Application is "meh". It doesn't go on as well as the other BB creams I've tried. Look..I realize very much that what may work for others may or may not work for me--and visa versa. It all depends on your skin's characteristics and your coloring. Smashbox BB cream just is not a good choice if your skin is very fair, freckled, dry..AND shall I add "mature"? I did give it 3 lipsticks on the price because I don't think it is any more expensive than other BB cremes that I've tried. Also, I don't think the packaging is bad either. This just does not work for me. Thank you for reading this review and have a wonderful weekend!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i feel like i can't give this 5 stars simply because i haven't tried enough bb creams to compare it to, but i absolutely love this product. am already hoarding it because i don't ever want to run out! i'm a never-leave-the-house-without-a-little-makeup girl, though i do like a light hand and a very natural look. tinted moisturizers have been a standby for me, though i always wished i could get a little bit more coverage.

enter smashbox bb cream! this cream looks gorgeously natural, gives my dry skin a beautiful glow, and adds enough hydration that my skin feels lovely. it's easy to build for more coverage, so i can often skip concealer unless i have a breakout that needs something more heavy-duty.

love this!