Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.2

on 11/20/2017 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I believe I used this bb cream for 4-5 months now. I like this for light to medium coverage, extra moisture and 35 spf protection. It's a bit difficult to apply and it's not buildable. So I use a concealer on any dark spots before applying this bb cream and then touch up to give me a flawless glow. After an hour I get shiny so i dont think its perfect for combo to more oily skin types like myself.... but its strange... ive been told im glowly instead of oily EVERY SINGLE TIME, I get so many compliments with this from my family and friends that I don't mind blotting the oil away. It gives me a makeup no makeup look easily without making me feel weighed down. This is the first time I used a smashbox product so I'm impressed :) Ps. I'm still on the search for the perfect hypoallergenic bb cream, not sure if I'd repurchase or recommend to a friend. 3 stars. Don't believe Sephora reviews, they delete bad reviews all the time which is a shame.

NO WAY I would buy this product, it is super expensive, for trial size I paid about $20.00 and it made my skin YELLOW. I am sooo dissapointed

I absolutely love this. I only wish it didn't cost quite as much for such a little tube. (I'm on a student budget at the moment) A little does go a long way though. BB Creams often get criticized as being nothing but a "glorified tinted moisturizer". This is anything but. I have always had problem skin. Not the worst of the worst, but I usually need a decent amount of coverage. I have fair skin with very warm undertones (a combination of yellow & red- not pink) & my skin is so severely dry that it produces excess oil, causing it to look & behave like oily skin most of the time. This product has wonderful coverage. I would say it's light-medium, but can easily be built up or played down. It blurs any skin imperfections I have, & helps even out my whole face. I use the shade "fair." Light was a close match as well, but a little TOO yellow for me (like I said, I have multiple undertones, yellow & red. I'm mixed Native American, Italian, & Polish) I've been medium-tan most of my life, but my skin has lightened up a LOT lately for a variety of reasons. One thing I really love about this BB Cream is that if I'm in a hurry (nearly every day), I can skip moisturizer, primer, & concealer & just put this on. I put it on with my clean fingers, I find it blends better that way than if I use a brush. I really recommend this, I actually use it in place of foundation most of the time now. If I need a little more coverage, I'll use my current favorite foundation (Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation) on top of the Smashbox BB Cream. I love both of these products on their own, & they look really beautiful layered together as well. :)

I really wanted this to work for me, but it is absolutely awful! It looks patchy and cakey on my face and it pills off when I apply it. :( I've tried it a dozen times and ever single time I spend forever just trying to blend it and get rid of the patchy look it leaves. Total garbage, like most Smashbox products that I have tried.

I paid $50CAD for it and I can't return it to where I bought it so I am out of luck. I'll pass it to a friend that may want to try it.

on 4/1/2012 3:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I'm a MUFE 153 (somewhere between nc40/42) and I picked up this product in the medium shade to see what all the bb hype was about. I felt it was overpriced at $39, but I had a coupon and some stuff to return at Sephora so I ended up paying $24 which wasn't too bad.
I have combination skin with oily and dry patches, and I found the texture of this BB to be a bit too dry out the tube. If I want to be able to blend it at all, I need to mix in some jojoba oil or a bit of moisturizer. Once I do that, it blends beautifully, but for the cost I'd expect this product to carry it's own weight and work alone.
The shade is a little dark for me, but will probably be perfect for the summer months. I doubt I'll be repurchasing because I've found a better color match in Missha's #31.
In Smashbox's defense, this stuff sits quite lightly on the skin and it's easy to forget you're wearing it. However that might be because at 40 bucks an ounce, I'm quite reluctant to use a large amount in one sitting and tend to spread it thin.

on 10/11/2011 3:35:00 PM

I hesitated to buy this. Normally I wear Smashbox Halo or Diorskin powder foundation, but lately my face has been looking washed out. I do not have dry or oily skin, but my skin is very sensitive. I really do like this BB cream. It is a little dry and thick. I put a light moisturizer on before I apply it (1 lippie off for that). You need to work quickly with this product and in sections. I put a small drop on my forehead, then blend it in, then another small drop on my nose and blend and so on until my face is done. This way the product applies smoothly. It provides more coverage than most TMs but does not feel heavy like a cream foundation. It imparts a nice subtle glow to my skin, not matte, but not shiny, perfect. It does not settle into fine lines and after 2 weeks of use, I have not had any adverse reactions to this product. I find it looks better on my skin without any powder on top. If you have very dry or very oily skin this may not work for you. It does seem a little pricey for the small amount, but I think this should last a long time. I use 5 small dots for my entire face. I got this in medium which is the color I use in Halo and it's a perfect shade for me. In Dior I use 040.