Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.4

I was so sad to return this product! It looked GREAT on me, but it made me break out like crazy. I'm talking HUGE CYSTS. I stopped using it and immediately began clearing up. Very sad becasue it looked really nice.

on 10/8/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Are you looking for a product that goes on moist and makes you look wet instead of dewy? Are you looking for a product that wipes entirely off your skin if you lightly blow your nose, attempt to change into a shirt that doesn't have an extremely wide neck or try to lightly apply powder over it to tame that wet look and make it last more than a few hours on your face? Well, Smashbox heard your wish and created this BB cream. Rejoice! Or don't. I certainly didn't.

I'm no longer annoyed about what a flop this is, but I'm still baffled by its existence. One of the worst products I've ever sampled. The sample color was way too dark and orange, but I ain't even mad about that. It's not an issue given how bad this product is.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is awful ! What a mess . Coverage is none . It's oily and slick . Sat in my pores and made them look huge !!!! Not what I expected from a high end bb cream at all !

on 4/27/2013 9:23:00 PM

This made me look soooo streaky no matter how I applied it.
Absolutely no coverage, super oily, and transfers onto EVERYTHING.

on 12/14/2012 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to a BB cream type product so I did my research and found the smashbox bb cream to be really popular and get good reviews. I went to Sephora and tried a sample there. I put the cream on my forehead and my chin. I have acne prone and in a couple of days my forehead (which never really breaks out) had a bunch of small pimples and so did my chin. Yuck, so just be aware of this if you have acne prone skin.

I don't usually write reviews on products, but I've been reading a lot of them lately and felt I needed to write a review of this product. This product is pretty expensive for the quality. Luckily, I got it in the SmashBox trial kit and didn't pay for a full sized product. I have acne prone skin at 28 (errghhh) and thought this would be nice for light coverage during the day just running around.....I was wrong. This made my blemishes stand out even more than without makeup. It intensified my pores and blemishes and made me look horrible. Many people have raved about this product, but I would NOT recommend it for people with those small white bumps you get or large pores. It just made my face look like a mess and I would definitely not repurchase this product. It may work great if you have perfect skin, but if you get any blemishes on a regular basis, I would stay away from the Smashbox BB cream at all costs....especially the cost of this product. Sorry, I love the primer and mascaras, but this is just NOT for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Lovely texture and it looks amazing when you first put it on, but it barely lasted through the 4 hour mark. On a hot day, I could see it physically sweating off my face. It also caused me to break out in my problem areas. I had high hopes for this bb cream because of the rave reviews but sadly, I will be returning my purchase.

on 4/4/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Hm. My feelings towards this product have definitely changed the longer I've used it. I first came across this product while in the market for my first BB creams/tinted moisturizers and received a sample. The sample of the product was lovely and I eventually ended up purchasing a full tube of this about a year later after trying (and loving) other brands, but not able to get the Smashbox out of my head.

This product does not perform as well as I remember the sample performing. I recall this having a very similar finish to my beloved Bobbi Brown BB, just a bit slicker, and wearing very, very well on my oily skin. (And I even tested this sample in the summer!)

This literally seems to slide right off of my face, even when set with powder. If I touch my skin an hour or so later, product sloths right off. By the end of the day, everything seems to just be sitting on top of my skin waiting to smear away.

I am extremely pale, and the lightest shade is a good match, but I MUCH prefer my Tarte and Bobbi Brown BBs/TMs.

This also irritates my eyes if I get too close to my lids.

I'm a long-time user of Smashbox's tinted moisturizer, which is admittedly more sheer, but I still like my facial makeup to be more or less of a natural finish. The more seamless evening out of skin-tone I get with tinted moisturizer is lacking in this BB cream. It feels and looks thick and sometimes cakey if you're not properly exfoliated and moisturized. As it's now winter, my skin suffers from the dryness of indoor heating and from the harsh winds outside (regardless of exfoliation and liberal amounts of moisturizer), so I avoid using this product because it just clings to dry spots or flakey areas. Even in the summer, this BB cream feels heavy and as someone whose skin errs on the oilier side, I've found that it exacerbates any natural sheen so that instead of a healthy glow, you get a small oil-slick around your T-zone as the day progresses.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is quite a thick BB cream that I try to think of more as a sunscreen (Spf 35) than any kind of base product. It's not great in terms of blendability or coverage, but if I'm going out somewhere and know I'll need a nice sunscreen on and wouldn't mind a bit of coverage, this is what I'd choose. I might buy it again to use this way on a holiday or something, but otherwise it's not for me. (I use shade fair).