Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

I don't know what kind of chemicals are in this product, but I would not recommend it. I got a sample of it in my ipsy bag, and I used it four days in a row. I ended up with little blisters all over my face. I have never experienced such a thing before, and as soon as I stopped using it they went away. Too many chemicals in smashbox products, photo ready primer made me break out too. I'll stick with elf, which provides great coverage and Sun protection, doesn't break me out or give me blisters and costs a third of the price.

on 2/2/2017 11:19:00 PM

This has to be the worst BB cream that I've tried. Ugh. Just thinking about it. Never would I put this chemical laden crap on my skin again.

Pros:
The squeeze tube packaging, I guess.
And the spf.

Cons:
Literally Everything else.
Smells like chemicals.
Broke my face out in hives this has literally never happened before.
Sunk into every pore on my face.
Clings to dry spots but still looked a greasy mess after a couple of hours.
Applied streaky and patchy even with my bb sponge.
Far too overpriced. I can think of at least 5 drugstore bb creams that out perform this.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this. I expect better from smashbox. I'm not even passing this to a friend. I like all my friends too much to curse them with this stuff.

on 1/26/2017 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample in my Ipsy bag this month. I wore it for about an hour and it made me look greasy. This is not for oily skin. Will not purchase glad I got to try the sample.

on 1/27/2016 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hated this stiff. It sank into every pore, line and crease and it offered zero coverage. I even used it over a primer and still it looked awful. It became oily after only an hour or so although I set it with mattifying powder. It was a complete bust all around. I can't remember when I used a worse product. So far, Smashbox has been a complete loser for me. The primer was just so so and the lipsticks were gross and sticky. The only thing that has been great have been the brushes, which are awesomely wonderful, especially the powder brush. Otherwise, I'm pretty much giving up on this brand. I'm afraid to try the foundation for this reason, despite the good reviews. If this BB cream is any indication of quality, it's a scary prospect. The texture of the BB cream is fine. It blends just fine, in fact. But it sinks into every pore almost immediately and nothing stops this. If you're young with perfect skin, this likely won't be a problem, but for those of us with flaws, it is. I thought a light dusting of powder would help the situation and for a moment or so, it did. But an hour later, the problem was back with a vengeance. It was ugly. I couldn't wait to get home to wash this stuff off my face. I returned it to Ulta pronto! I exchanged it for Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, which I like a lot better. It goes on smoothly and blends like a dream and doesn't sink into any pores, lines or creases. I can also set it with loose powder and it wears well for hours. If there's some oil breakthrough, then a few blotting papers are all I need and I'm good to go. It's a much better product and it also has 30 SPF, which is great. All in all, a much better product. Skip the Smashbox and go for Bare Minerals instead. I definitely don't recommend this Smashbox BB cream. It really, really sucks unless you have young, perfectly flawless skin. And who has that???

This may be the worst BB cream I have every used.... I only tried it twice and could not even literally get it onto my skin. I would wash my face and moisturize, then apply it without a brush the first time and it just would not go onto my skin. It was the strangest thing I've ever experienced with a BB cream and literally just would not blend at all. It was the most disgusting result ever... I had to take it off immediately and put something else I had on. I don't even know how to explain, but it just did not work period.

on 4/7/2015 2:51:00 PM

Not sure why this gets such raves. I've tried several BB creams in the past, this is probably the second American bb cream out of all of them. Despite all the skin benefits bb's are supposed to provide, I'm not sure how much or what this bb really offers. Previously I've enjoyed the Missha M perfect cover for comparison (which appears grayish out of the tube but melds nicely into the skin). To be honest I had this in light which was too light for me (I'm between nc30-35) but I tried it anyway. This provided no coverage and I felt that it sat funny on my skin and enhanced my pores. It was not particularly moisturizing nor drying, but it really didn't do anything for me. Not a fan.

on 4/5/2015 8:47:00 PM

Well it was a hit & miss with this one, I really wanted to love it but when comparing this to my HG Garnier BB cream for oily/combo - this stuff simply can't live up to it. This sinks into my pore, makes me super oily, the colour is horrible I'm either too light or too dark so I had to mix two colours but even then the colour was a bit off. It's really thick too.. I put on a finger tip on both my cheeks, fore head, chin and nose and yikes it still felt heavy! The first time I tried this I washed my face right away. But then I figured I bought this I might as well get the most out of it, I used it at least 1 week straight and could not go anymore as I stated above. I wanted to try the CC cream but after trying this I might just avoid.

I was so sad to return this product! It looked GREAT on me, but it made me break out like crazy. I'm talking HUGE CYSTS. I stopped using it and immediately began clearing up. Very sad becasue it looked really nice.

on 1/16/2015 6:52:00 PM

Since the older I get the more light-medium toned with yellow undertones my skin becomes, I've had to adjust my foundation and concealer shades over the past couple of years. So when I wanted to purchase a BB cream, I went with a light/medium (since that is what I wear in the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream and it is a flawless match). I got this, swatched it, and sent it right back. The Light/Medium shade is Oompa Loompa orange. Plus it leaves a sort of sticky finish on the skin that is most unappealing. I think I will stick with the Maybelline, since it costs like a fourth of what the Smashbox BB cream does for the same amount.

i bought the smashbox try it kit in light because i've seen some really good reviews of smashbox products. i have to say i'm very disappointed with the bb cream as it sinks into my pores and accentuates them and gives a kind of chalky finish to my skin. I immediately cleansed my skin so i can't say how long it lasted. The halo powder, although supposedly the light shade, left my face looking an attractive shade of orange.
I have tried much cheaper products and found them to give a much better finish. Bring back the original Dermalogica sheer tint moisturiser! Has anyone found anything to substitute that product?