Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 7/24/2016 12:48:00 AM

Doesn't have the best coverage and it feels kind of sticky and is a bit hard to blend. It looks natural and doesn't accentuate my dried skin. Too expensive.

on 7/5/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This BB cream is not worth the money. I have extremely dry skin, and this just did not go on smooth and creamy at all. It was very smeary, uneven, and cakey. It started drying before I finished applying! When I put foundation on top -- I layer colored moisturizing products in the winter because my skin is so dry and it's so cold in NYC -- it got even worse and more dry. It didn't help my makeup application at all. It is quite pricey, so I expected a better product! To me, a much better product for aging skin and a much better value is Lancome BB cream. Goes on smooth, keeps you juicy! :)

To Read all 303 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is quite a thick BB cream that I try to think of more as a sunscreen (Spf 35) than any kind of base product. It's not great in terms of blendability or coverage, but if I'm going out somewhere and know I'll need a nice sunscreen on and wouldn't mind a bit of coverage, this is what I'd choose. I might buy it again to use this way on a holiday or something, but otherwise it's not for me. (I use shade fair).

on 5/2/2016 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm actually quite satisfied with this product. As a naturally warm toned olive skinned person who never burns I have never bothered with sunscreens. I should have but I didn't. About a year ago I finally decided that I simply must start protecting my skin. Thus began my nightmare with sunscreens. I hate them! I have tried several and they all seem to cause different problems such as balling up, staying greasy and tacky, and leaving a white cast on my skin. With this smashbox BB cream I have none of these problems. It goes on smooth and dries down quickly with no lasting greasiness or sticky feeling. No weird gray or white cast and it looks natural. Not a lot of coverage but I wouldn't expect a lot of coverage from a BB cream anyways. It evens out my tone and adds a bit of color. It's not a bad moisturizer but as I'm dry skinned this isn't quite moisturizing enough. When I get out of the shower I put on my serums and a daily moisturizer and when all that soaks in I can put on this BB cream. Its great for daily wear when I want a more natural look and I want sun protection.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this BB cream so far. It looks good when applied with a sponge, and it's pretty lightweight. It doesn't have much of an odor which is important to me because i have sensitivities.

It holds up well throughout the day, although it gathered a bit where my glasses sit on the bridge of my nose. It balances out my complexion well.

this bb cream isn't really a miracle, but it does the job. i will probably try out some other brands after i finish this bottle just to find the right one. i also i prefer a bb cream that is dispensed with a pump, this one's just a squeeze bottle.

on 4/21/2016 9:00:00 AM

I'm not sure what it is about this BB cream but for me it just doesn't work. I've held onto it for a few months hoping it would magically start to work for me but no such luck. It comes out the tube quite thick and when I go to apply it just doesn't blend into my skin at all. Other BB creams are usually quite liquid but this requires quite a bit of effort to work into the skin. It looks streaky and leaves pigment really unevenly all over. Sometimes when I've tried it even looks like the pigment has just separated from the product and left uneven marks. Even applying this with fingers leaves streaky brush-like lines, it just doesn't warm up and melt into the skin however I try to apply it. I've tried it in different weather and when my skin has different issues, but it doesn't cover up blemishes well and clings to any dry-ish patches. If your skin is oily it doesn't seem to stick at all.

I'm disappointed because Smashbox is usually a great brand but this product looks chalky and doesn't match it's price. I have the colour Fair and I've heard a few other people have trouble blending this shade, so perhaps its just the very light colour that's a dud, or maybe I have a bad batch. I'm wondering if maybe the ingredients of the SPF are to blame, since it does have that thick mineral suncream constistency. Either way it doesn't function well in comparison to other bb creams, it's very obvious on the skin and just looks plain bad. I don't think it really meets it's claims to control oil either, I actually think I looked more oily at the end of the day when I was wearing this...

The only saving grace is the packaging is nice, clean and quite robust. It's the perfect kind of tube to just chuck in your makeup bag if this bb cream worked well. However the shade range is a little limited and doesn't cater to women of colour, so you could only really try to wear this if you're fair to dark medium.

I wouldn't spend money on this. There are way better creams for a better price that actually do the job and don't make you look like you've applied your makeup with a scrubbing brush.

Not impressed by this product - unlike other BBC creams I've used it sits very heavily on my skin without absorbing in properly, and I found that over the course of the day it started to gather unpleasantly around the sides of my nose and under the bridge of my glasses. Colour match was fine for my skin (NW20) but again I've had better. I gave up on this product after half a dozen uses and have switched back to my Stila CC cream.

Ok. I gave it quite a high rating altough I would not buy it myself. I'm looking for a new foundation and I got myself a free test of this product since it seemed to fit into what I was looking for, + paulas choice gave it great reviews..

Pros:
* No perfume
* Great texture, not too runny, not to full
* Can't feel it on the skin!
* Easy to apply.
* Evens out skintones beautifully
* Perfect match to my skintone (I'm...well...L5W3 (C35 in MAC), and I tried fair/light)
* Stayed on all day, not blotting/powder/whatever needed
* I'm especially impressed with staying Power on the nose! With most foundations, both powders/liquid, my nose usually becomes shiny after a while. ..Altough this lucky strike might just be because of the weather here (Cool and dry).

Cons:
* Somehow turned out powdery on my face. Not setting like a powder, more like showing of any skinflake I have.....gah..reminds me of a desert. Yep, I had moisturizer on prior to applying BB-Cream and I was afraid that it would get too "wet"....but no, this BB-Cream turned out "dry".
* I'm not super fond of the packaging. It's a great size, but I keep dreaming about more sanitary packaging choices (pumps for example).

*Price. I Think it is a good price, quite normal for a Foundation...right? + for those whom it works well on, the price is right ;)

on 1/27/2016 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hated this stiff. It sank into every pore, line and crease and it offered zero coverage. I even used it over a primer and still it looked awful. It became oily after only an hour or so although I set it with mattifying powder. It was a complete bust all around. I can't remember when I used a worse product. So far, Smashbox has been a complete loser for me. The primer was just so so and the lipsticks were gross and sticky. The only thing that has been great have been the brushes, which are awesomely wonderful, especially the powder brush. Otherwise, I'm pretty much giving up on this brand. I'm afraid to try the foundation for this reason, despite the good reviews. If this BB cream is any indication of quality, it's a scary prospect. The texture of the BB cream is fine. It blends just fine, in fact. But it sinks into every pore almost immediately and nothing stops this. If you're young with perfect skin, this likely won't be a problem, but for those of us with flaws, it is. I thought a light dusting of powder would help the situation and for a moment or so, it did. But an hour later, the problem was back with a vengeance. It was ugly. I couldn't wait to get home to wash this stuff off my face. I returned it to Ulta pronto! I exchanged it for Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, which I like a lot better. It goes on smoothly and blends like a dream and doesn't sink into any pores, lines or creases. I can also set it with loose powder and it wears well for hours. If there's some oil breakthrough, then a few blotting papers are all I need and I'm good to go. It's a much better product and it also has 30 SPF, which is great. All in all, a much better product. Skip the Smashbox and go for Bare Minerals instead. I definitely don't recommend this Smashbox BB cream. It really, really sucks unless you have young, perfectly flawless skin. And who has that???

This may be the worst BB cream I have every used.... I only tried it twice and could not even literally get it onto my skin. I would wash my face and moisturize, then apply it without a brush the first time and it just would not go onto my skin. It was the strangest thing I've ever experienced with a BB cream and literally just would not blend at all. It was the most disgusting result ever... I had to take it off immediately and put something else I had on. I don't even know how to explain, but it just did not work period.