Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

I don't know what kind of chemicals are in this product, but I would not recommend it. I got a sample of it in my ipsy bag, and I used it four days in a row. I ended up with little blisters all over my face. I have never experienced such a thing before, and as soon as I stopped using it they went away. Too many chemicals in smashbox products, photo ready primer made me break out too. I'll stick with elf, which provides great coverage and Sun protection, doesn't break me out or give me blisters and costs a third of the price.

on 2/25/2017 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased the darkest one of this product which is light and very airy. Too bad the coverage only last 3-4hrs. With an average price of $39.99 save your money. It is supposed to assist with oily skin, but not in my case. Even with their primer my face was oiled up and color had wore off. This product could be so much more if consistency was added.

on 2/12/2017 12:21:00 AM

Like some, I recieved a decent sized sample (shade "light") in my ipsy bag and really liked it at first, so much so I ordered a full sized version before my sample was up. Then I noticed how it settled into my pores by my nose halfway through the day, and the only way to prevent my pores from showing through was if I had put my normal foundation (UD Naked Skin) on top of my concerning areas. I feel like my usual foundation is lighter weight for the same coverage and around the same price.

I think if you have smaller pores it will set on your face nicely, but with larger pores it's not worth it even with setting spray.

on 2/2/2017 11:19:00 PM

This has to be the worst BB cream that I've tried. Ugh. Just thinking about it. Never would I put this chemical laden crap on my skin again.

Pros:
The squeeze tube packaging, I guess.
And the spf.

Cons:
Literally Everything else.
Smells like chemicals.
Broke my face out in hives this has literally never happened before.
Sunk into every pore on my face.
Clings to dry spots but still looked a greasy mess after a couple of hours.
Applied streaky and patchy even with my bb sponge.
Far too overpriced. I can think of at least 5 drugstore bb creams that out perform this.

Do yourself a favor and pass on this. I expect better from smashbox. I'm not even passing this to a friend. I like all my friends too much to curse them with this stuff.

on 1/29/2017 10:48:00 PM

Great light coverage, smells like summer and the price is worth it.

DO NOT NEED ALOT TO GET THE COVERAGE!

Saw people complaining of it being an oily mess. Build with a dime or less amount. It won't be greasy. It's the best product since I discovered Antipodes. Just wish the ingredients were more safe and less chemicals. But I'm making the choice because I loved the sample. Let's hope I don't break out haha. Thanks!

on 1/26/2017 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample in my Ipsy bag this month. I wore it for about an hour and it made me look greasy. This is not for oily skin. Will not purchase glad I got to try the sample.

on 1/19/2017 10:07:00 AM

I received a sample of the Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream in light/medium in my January Ipsy bag. I was surprised and delighted with how much coverage this BB cream provided. All of the other BB and CC creams I have tried in the past have been little more than tinted moisturizers, but this one was more like a foundation. It dried to a matte finish and feels like I am not wearing foundation. I love that it is SPF 35 and doesn't feel like I am wearing a mask (as I usually do when I wear a high SPF on my face).

One thing that surprised me was how dark (and orange-y) this BB cream is for being light/medium, which is weird because my skin is usually firmly in Medium territory.

I will likely purchase some when I run out of the sample, but I will have to get it in a lighter color.

On the fence with this product. It gave okay coverage, but I purchased the color in light/medium and I was shocked at how dark and orangey it looked.I think its way too overpriced for what you get. Had to cut the tube open near the end of it, to get more product out as it was too empty to come out on its own. Was floored at how much was actually left in the tube when you think its empty. Trust me, I squeeze and squeeze until I can't get anymore out. Cutting it open there was probably 3-4 applications left. Hate waste on such an expensive product. Luckily it was able to be cut open to utilize what was left. The smell was kind of a turn off too. If I tried this product again, I would probably have to try an even lighter color, but really hesitant to try again at its hefty price tag. Not enough benefits for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Got a sample tube, wasn't too enthused about it as I haven't found a BB cream I particularly care for. Finally decided to try it for some light makeup and was pleasantly surprised! Light/medium gave me a nice glow and gave my imperfect skin some decent coverage. Great for those days you don't feel like doing a "full" face, but still want to look bright-eyed and glowing. Would purchase a full size tube.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This BB cream has a dewy finish and really good medium coverage. If you're skin is more on the dry side then this BB cream is something you should try out.

However, for oily skin people, this BB cream will probably end up making you look like a greaseball in a few hours. So it's probably best avoid it, or try the Tarte BB cream. People with combo skin, the dreaded t-zone area will also look greasy after a few hours of wearing this.

Overall this BB cream is not that bad, though pricey, but it's a department store brand so that's to be expected.