Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.1

on 7/5/2015 5:07:00 PM

I received a sample of this in the Light shade when I purchased a few products from Ulta and I gave it a try. I am happy to say that I absolutely love it!! Not only does it give a nice coverage (medium) but it does not accentuate my pores which I have found most foundations do. The coverage is also long lasting. When I run out of my sample, I will definitely be purchasing the full size which is a bit pricey but I feel is worth it since I love it so much and has given me such good coverage and staying power.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this product when I was determined to find the "best" available BB cream in Ulta - this one smelled good (very important), felt smooth and seemed heavy enough to cover unevenness on my cheeks. I have broken capillaries. It didn't cover as well as I thought when I got home, used it the next day, etc. However, it is so easy to smooth on during application - and blends great. The color (lightest one) was a perfect match for my skin. I found that applying it alone was best - no moisturizer needed. Since I use a toner and moisturizer and usually a serum, it was a little too much combined with the treatment products. It left a moist feeling that needed powdering to matte the finished look.
It did not irritate my skin at all and I do have sensitive skin. I found other BB creams with more coverage so I probably won't purchase it again - but it is a nice product. I love most Smashbox products.

on 5/13/2013 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Absolutely LOVE this BB! Excellent for my oily skin, leaves a matte to satiny finish that gives my face a beautiful glow. Many compliments while wearing this. I switched to this when my Mom bought it and it didn't work out for her normal to dry skin. Like it so much, as many others clogged my pores and looked a bit flat and this one does not. It also has a good SPF, no breakouts, great staying power, and a good color match. I'm NC25-30 and Light is perfect. Yes, it is expensive, but I just can't help myself, and think it's worth it..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried so many BB creams and I keep coming back to this one. It is expensive, however a little goes a long way and if I apply it with a brush, I can use less and it will last longer. The coverage is pretty consistant and the finish is just the look I want. At 66 years old, I do not want a mat finish. I want my skin to appear dewy and youthful, I get that look with this BB cream. I have bought it a few timed and am thoroughly pleased. Of course I still keep looking for the same results with a smaller pricetag...

on 6/2/2012 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

In my quest for the perfect BB Cream, Smashbox has not afforded perfection for my skin type. Here's the story: I've been trying many BB creams before making a final decision to purchase. (FYI--Boscia is the one for me). On a whim, I figured I would try this out. While in Nordstrom, one of the Smashbox S/A's gave me a sample in the "Light" tint. As I had tried the "Fair" and the "light" on my hand, I mentioned that the light was far too yellow for my skin. She said. "No it's not"...and gave me this light sample. First of all, I know my coloring. This "light" just wasn't for me. My skin looked jaundiced as though I was on a 20-year bender. Not a good look--especially for a woman in her 50's. Secondly, this is not as hydrating as the Dr. Jart or the Boscia (sorry for the poor spelling). My skin is very dry and I really need a super-hydrating product. Application is "meh". It doesn't go on as well as the other BB creams I've tried. Look..I realize very much that what may work for others may or may not work for me--and visa versa. It all depends on your skin's characteristics and your coloring. Smashbox BB cream just is not a good choice if your skin is very fair, freckled, dry..AND shall I add "mature"? I did give it 3 lipsticks on the price because I don't think it is any more expensive than other BB cremes that I've tried. Also, I don't think the packaging is bad either. This just does not work for me. Thank you for reading this review and have a wonderful weekend!

on 3/19/2012 8:16:00 PM

Tried this because I love (HG) Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer spf15 ... but wanted a higher spf rating.

It's a whole different beastie ;-)

Bought 'Light' - same shade I use in the TM - but it's WAY lighter in the BB cream. So much so, that I look ghostly.

Settled into every line on my face - and seemed to find new ones! Masky and dry feeling. No glow. Accentuated every flake or imperfection.

I don't understand people who say to just use the product lightly ... if you are hoping to get the spf benefit from the product (which I want), then you will have to use approx 1/2 tsp. For me, that amount made for a very artificial look.

Where it touched my eye cream - it pilled.

I didn't realize that one of the benefits is oil control - and I can see where it would do that. On my skin it was very drying. I would only recommend this for someone with oily/very oily skin.

Even in the correct shade for me - which might be 'Light-Medium', this is not moisturizing enough. Sure I could use a moisturizer under ... but trying to limit the amount of products on my skin. I like my skin to look moisturized/somewhat dewy - but the look was very matte and lifeless.

So gave to sis who has oily skin. The shade is probably too light for her too ... but she can see if she likes the texture.

I'm back to my Smashbox Tinted Moisturizer spf15 and Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital Teinte SPF 30. The Lancome is heavier than the Smashbox TM, but has a nice glow (compared to Smashbox BB).

on 3/14/2012 8:54:00 PM

I have sensitive skin with rosacea. My skin tone is nw15-20. I purchased this in shade light. I felt it was hard to apply, and took a little time smoothing and blending it out.
The shade light was a little yellow for my skintone. After three days of using this my face broke out. At $39 dollars I took it back to Sephora.

on 1/5/2012 3:15:00 PM

UPDATE: The only way I could make this work was by mixing it with the same brand's 15 Hr. foundation (one of my faves). The mixture resulted in a easy-to-blend, medium coverage foundation. It can, of course, be made sheerer or fuller, depending on how much of each is blended.

However, I'm totally underwhelmed by these BB creams. To me, they are nothing but glorified TMs. Oh, well. This trend will pass too.

------

There's a good deal of bruh-ha-ha going on about these BB creams ... and I'll be dashed if I can understand why. With one solitary exception (Clinique), the ones I tried were all greasy, sheer-coverage ... make that, NO coverage. And the colors were off, to say the least.

This new release by Smashbox is no different. I got a generous sample from one of the lovely girls at my local Sephora. The color I chose is Light, which is a good match. And that's the end of the good news. It blends nicely but that's only because it's so, uh, emollient (greasy). Coverage is nil, although I don't have pimples or dark acne scars (though I'm sure there will be the usual number of wishful-thinkers, who will convince themselves that this gives them coverage - a curious and recurring phenomenon, these days). And if you're oily, there's NO WAY you can wear this w/o powder and not look like a basted turkey in no time flat.

And all that joy for the modicum sum of $39? I don't think so. I'll pass.