Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35
Smashbox Camera Ready BB CreamCamera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.6

on 1/19/2017 10:07:00 AM

I received a sample of the Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream in light/medium in my January Ipsy bag. I was surprised and delighted with how much coverage this BB cream provided. All of the other BB and CC creams I have tried in the past have been little more than tinted moisturizers, but this one was more like a foundation. It dried to a matte finish and feels like I am not wearing foundation. I love that it is SPF 35 and doesn't feel like I am wearing a mask (as I usually do when I wear a high SPF on my face).

One thing that surprised me was how dark (and orange-y) this BB cream is for being light/medium, which is weird because my skin is usually firmly in Medium territory.

I will likely purchase some when I run out of the sample, but I will have to get it in a lighter color.

On the fence with this product. It gave okay coverage, but I purchased the color in light/medium and I was shocked at how dark and orangey it looked.I think its way too overpriced for what you get. Had to cut the tube open near the end of it, to get more product out as it was too empty to come out on its own. Was floored at how much was actually left in the tube when you think its empty. Trust me, I squeeze and squeeze until I can't get anymore out. Cutting it open there was probably 3-4 applications left. Hate waste on such an expensive product. Luckily it was able to be cut open to utilize what was left. The smell was kind of a turn off too. If I tried this product again, I would probably have to try an even lighter color, but really hesitant to try again at its hefty price tag. Not enough benefits for me.

on 7/5/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This BB cream is not worth the money. I have extremely dry skin, and this just did not go on smooth and creamy at all. It was very smeary, uneven, and cakey. It started drying before I finished applying! When I put foundation on top -- I layer colored moisturizing products in the winter because my skin is so dry and it's so cold in NYC -- it got even worse and more dry. It didn't help my makeup application at all. It is quite pricey, so I expected a better product! To me, a much better product for aging skin and a much better value is Lancome BB cream. Goes on smooth, keeps you juicy! :)

on 5/2/2016 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm actually quite satisfied with this product. As a naturally warm toned olive skinned person who never burns I have never bothered with sunscreens. I should have but I didn't. About a year ago I finally decided that I simply must start protecting my skin. Thus began my nightmare with sunscreens. I hate them! I have tried several and they all seem to cause different problems such as balling up, staying greasy and tacky, and leaving a white cast on my skin. With this smashbox BB cream I have none of these problems. It goes on smooth and dries down quickly with no lasting greasiness or sticky feeling. No weird gray or white cast and it looks natural. Not a lot of coverage but I wouldn't expect a lot of coverage from a BB cream anyways. It evens out my tone and adds a bit of color. It's not a bad moisturizer but as I'm dry skinned this isn't quite moisturizing enough. When I get out of the shower I put on my serums and a daily moisturizer and when all that soaks in I can put on this BB cream. Its great for daily wear when I want a more natural look and I want sun protection.

on 1/27/2016 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hated this stiff. It sank into every pore, line and crease and it offered zero coverage. I even used it over a primer and still it looked awful. It became oily after only an hour or so although I set it with mattifying powder. It was a complete bust all around. I can't remember when I used a worse product. So far, Smashbox has been a complete loser for me. The primer was just so so and the lipsticks were gross and sticky. The only thing that has been great have been the brushes, which are awesomely wonderful, especially the powder brush. Otherwise, I'm pretty much giving up on this brand. I'm afraid to try the foundation for this reason, despite the good reviews. If this BB cream is any indication of quality, it's a scary prospect. The texture of the BB cream is fine. It blends just fine, in fact. But it sinks into every pore almost immediately and nothing stops this. If you're young with perfect skin, this likely won't be a problem, but for those of us with flaws, it is. I thought a light dusting of powder would help the situation and for a moment or so, it did. But an hour later, the problem was back with a vengeance. It was ugly. I couldn't wait to get home to wash this stuff off my face. I returned it to Ulta pronto! I exchanged it for Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, which I like a lot better. It goes on smoothly and blends like a dream and doesn't sink into any pores, lines or creases. I can also set it with loose powder and it wears well for hours. If there's some oil breakthrough, then a few blotting papers are all I need and I'm good to go. It's a much better product and it also has 30 SPF, which is great. All in all, a much better product. Skip the Smashbox and go for Bare Minerals instead. I definitely don't recommend this Smashbox BB cream. It really, really sucks unless you have young, perfectly flawless skin. And who has that???

on 12/22/2015 5:16:00 PM

This is so much better than the last bb cream I used. I am relatively new to bb cream world, but the last brand was something I bought from Costco. Not too expensive but not cheap either. It congealed on top of my skin. So I decided to try a better known brand and I was shopping online and wasn't sure so I bought a travel size of this. It is small but $20, which is pricey but I thought less risky than the full size $40, since I wasn't sure if I liked it and also not sure about the shade. But no worries, it is really good and worth the money.
But this one melts into your skin and disappears, but makes your skin nicer. Now the coverage is not like a foundation, but more like a tinted moisturizer.

on 8/6/2015 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Deluxe sample, I think it was a Sephora 100 point perk. It lasted me a couple weeks of consistent use. Buildable formula but didn't mask all my redness so maybe a medium coverage at best. It did leave me looking quite "radiant" until I applied powder then it matted down. Staying power was okay. Due to price, I won't repurchase.

on 4/12/2015 9:20:00 PM

I am very fair and most bb creams are either the wrong shade for me or look nonexistent on my skin. I am loving this bb cream and haven't used regular foundation since I bought this. It stays all day long looking natural. I'm getting compliments and my skin feel smooth amd soft. I have dry skin and it doesn't make you look dry, cake or flakey. I also have very sensitive skin and this hasn't caused a single breakout. This for me is hg.

i bought the smashbox try it kit in light because i've seen some really good reviews of smashbox products. i have to say i'm very disappointed with the bb cream as it sinks into my pores and accentuates them and gives a kind of chalky finish to my skin. I immediately cleansed my skin so i can't say how long it lasted. The halo powder, although supposedly the light shade, left my face looking an attractive shade of orange.
I have tried much cheaper products and found them to give a much better finish. Bring back the original Dermalogica sheer tint moisturiser! Has anyone found anything to substitute that product?

The only thing good about this BB cream is the SPF (higher than most). This has to be one of the most over-hyped makeup products out there! It feels heavy on, and it makes my combination skin oily soon after application. I think I'll save it for the winter when my face doesn't get as oily, cuz I bought a full size and don't want it to go to waste, but I will definitely not repurchase.